tuscl

"I'm in school"

larryfisherman
California
When a stripper tells you that, what percent of the time is that a lie?

40 comments

• londonguy
    8 years ago
    I'd say high 80's.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I was thinking like 65%.
  • JohnBuford
    8 years ago
    I'm guessing 75%
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Strippers lie?
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    It depends on the dancer. Some dancers, only 10%, others 80%.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    50/50
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Yes Sharkhunter it depends on the dancer, but I'm talking about in general.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    On average, my guess is only 40% of the time when talking about school. In my area, my guess would only be 10% of the time since I know of no good reason for strippers to lie about it.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    In some fancy clubs in bigger cities, I can imagine more may lie to make themselves look better in the customers opinion.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Who cares? It's nothing. It meaningless small talk. What *matters* is the answer to "spit or swallow?" All else is chit-chat, killing time until the meat of the conversation rolls around.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    90%
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    @microdong- I didn't say it was a big deal, it's not a deal breaker for me lol.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    They lie because PLs want to hear it. Probably 80% lie about school.

As long as she doesn't dodge the question about the "what are [her] rules for a dance" I'm ok with that.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    All strippers are "just taking a break" from community college
  • RTP
    8 years ago
    Three dancers told me that yesterday. Do you mean at least two were lying?
  • Ugluck75
    8 years ago
    Lots of dancers who say that have had some school or intend to go back etc... but probably 33% are actually probably in school at the moment. People in general are like that but with strippers it is magnified 10x over because they tend to have much more flighty personalities than normal.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    This can mean so many things... Taking 1 class at a community college, took 1 class at a community college last semester, planning to take 1 class at a community college, looked at a pamphlet for a community college...
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    I'd say about 50% of the time that's a lie. Some plan on going back to school and that stripper money is too good to them and they look up one day and their 26.
  • FTS
    8 years ago
    The only person who can give a reliable answer to this question is somebody who has gotten to know a statistically significant representative sample of the population "strippers" well enough to be able to factually verify the school enrollment, or lack thereof, of each individual stripper in the sample. This individual would also have to remember each time the stripper claimed to go to school, then determine the number of lies, divide by the number of claims, and multiply by 100%.

This sample would need to be at least 100 girls randomly distributed throughout the US.

No TUSCL'er can answer this question reliably.

• FTS
    8 years ago
    This explains the large range in answers we've already seen: 50% to 90%.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    "looked at a pamphlet" Lol

Are we counting beauty school lol? That seems to be a answer I hear a lot from dancers.

• JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    "I'm in school" is not a lie. It's stripper speak. It means "I'm thinking about maybe going to school some day but I'll probably never get around to it."

DS III said this to me the first night we met and it turns out that's exactly what she meant. She does not see it as any sort of lie.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^ The remarkable thing about strippers is they believe what they are saying at any given point in time.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    It means enrolled in community college
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    @larryfisherman, I think you fail to grasp the concept of of the distinct language of strippertalkese. Your question is an ideal example. When a stripper says, "I'm in school," she generally means that she is in the process is "schooling" you on the finer points of separating you from a significant portion of your cash.

That, however, is not always the case. Strippertalkese is a fluid and quite flexible language. "I'm in school," can also mean that she goes to special classes with her eldest child, sponsored by the state's child protective services, for supervised visitation and credits toward eventual unsupervised visitation. Finally, in Strippertalkese the phrase, "I'm in school" can refer to actual classroom experience anytime in the past 36 months (another variable), including college credit courses and traffic safety (in lieu of a speeding ticket).
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Depends on the club... Clubs in college towns will have a decent number of girls who attend the local university or even community college.

At the club I work at now, there are plenty of girls who go to school. There are a couple I know of who went to school in Chicago and now go someplace here, one who just finished her nursing degree, one who quit a few months ago to attend grad school, and several who already have degrees.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    And I am in school (I know it's a typical stripper lie but it's actually true) and I attend a university, not a community college.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I mean, honestly, if you care, you can start asking about major and what classes she's taking. That's when I often find out they are "taking some time off".

Also remember that sometimes the "in school" line is a cover to family and acquaintances who don't know they dance. It's not that unusual for a 22 year old to have no "real" job and still be in school. And plenty of unmotivated non strippers that age overstate their educational arc.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I think it depends on how much you've talked with her and how open you each are being, and on how many details have been disclosed.

In some exchanges I don't think there are many lies, where as others are all lies.

SJG
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    83.6%
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Your in school and I fucked a zebra
  • wildbourbon
    8 years ago
    I've wondered if the hottest ones who give the lowest mileage are the ones who are telling the truth. They can come in, get tipped on stage, give one or two mechanical dances to a variety of customers over a six-hour period and go home with a couple hundred of dollars. Do that each Friday and Saturday a month and you pay for your semester at a decent public college in one month.

The 10's can get anything they want from any frat boy outside the club, why risk it with those of us who have to go to clubs?
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I can't say it's entirely wrong, because at the Sport Clips I go to, there is a girl there who I specifically remember buying lap dances from and no doubt she probably said she was going to school. Granted it was hairstyling school, but it was a school. But for many, the only school they are going to is the School of Hard Knocks.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    I know of at least six who are actually going to university, including two currently going to VCU and dance at 1320 in Springfield, and a couple going to University of Maryland.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    One of my faves is in school currently. We have talked about her classes and tests she had coming up. As a matter of fact many of the girls I see regularly do go to school or have a degree of some sort. One had a masters degree.
  • THE CHAINDOG
    8 years ago
    I did run into a dancer that was in high school! She is still dancing at age 27
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Some have been in Nursing School, another had run away from home at the age of 13 and since earned a Masters Degree and had been teaching US History in Pennsylvania, before she relocated the Santa Clara County California. Ran into her once in our public library too. Another I helped study for her US History course, when I visited the Pink Poodle on a Good Friday, and things were kinda slow.

If you know people well enough and are straight with them, they are usually straight with you.

Also, stripping is a good job for girls going to school as the hours are flexible and the pay is high.

BUT: Where I am at, the clubs are very soft core, zero touching, so this may make it more likely that one would find bona fide students.

SJG
  • Dolfan
    8 years ago
    In my experience its more of an exaggeration or simple lack of perspective. In other words, the definition of school varies widely. I know a stripper who attended a 2-week training for a call center job, and for a month before and three months after she was constantly spouting off about how "classes start next week" or "I just finished school." That's a rather extreme example, but you could replace it with hairstylist or any one of those for-profit "universities" that basically rob those girls.
  • Alpine
    8 years ago
    School for what? Massage, nails or real college? Let the cross examination begin...lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Dancers lie so much that I'd say 11 out of 10 dancers lie about being in school.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion