tuscl

Cold Turkey

mal_hodgson
Minnesota
What's the longest break you have taken from going to strip clubs? Why did you decide to take a break, and what caused you to eventually head back to the clubs?

I don't think I have been to a club since November 2015. It wasn't really planned, just got busy with the holidays and cash was short so before I knew it it was January and I had gotten out of the habit. I have easy access to several clubs after work, so since January I've been making a conscious choice to not just drop in on the way home. Not sure how long I'll keep that up. I suppose when spring arrives I may lose my will power!

21 comments

• Eagle1191
    9 years ago
    I usually don't go to the clubs in the winter time, its just to damn cold and not worth the trip unless theres a special event, or the weather is nice and warm.

So about 3-4 months I am usually not in the clubs, I sometimes just take a break anyway to keep things from getting stale.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    In 20 years, I honestly think the longest that I've gone without going to a strip club or seeing a stripper OTC has been the two weeks at Christmas/New Years. Other than that, I might have taken a week off here or there but that was it.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Prior to really making it a hobby, there were many years in a row where I didn't go.

Since joining tuscl, the longest was one year when I was in a relationship. the relationship ended and therefore I returned.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    In the past 5 years, I may have gone just under 3 months without entering a club, and the only reason was due to not traveling during that time to any areas with decent clubs. I may follow up that drought with going to 8 clubs in 2 weeks.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Going on two months and still not seeing a reason to go back. Maybe when I get my bonus as I will have $20k burning a hole in my pockets.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    A few years ago, I had medical issues where I didn't go for about 6 months. There was a period around 2002 I didn't go for several months, mostly because the clubs all went stale on me at once, but that ended suddenly when I discovered my now former favorite club. Since the end of my medical issues, I think the longest I've done without is a month.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    The longest I've gone without being in a strip club is, I think, 25 days last year while I was in Europe. However, I did make two visits to FKK clubs during that time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Since I became a regular SCer the longest break from my weekly habit has been 3 months – it was mainly due to finances and having to help out my brother at the time.

Currently I am going less often than I normally due b/c I’m tired of my bank-account being on zero.

I actually went yesterday (Wed 3/2/16) b/c I had not gone in a while – went basically b/c I was bored but not really that hard-up for going – had an ok time but not great thus I plan to continue to abstain and save-up some $$$ rather than go just b/c I can.

In my past SC abstinences more often than not it got easier the longer I went w/o going; the longer I didn’t go actually the less I wanted to go – for me it’s often hardest at-first/to-stop-going.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Twelve years. Between '03 and '15 I stopped going to strip clubs. There were various reasons why I stopped going. I started going again because T&A is a good way to relax and clear my mind.

Since going back, the longest I've been away is 2 months and the shortest was 8 days between visits. I last step foot in a club 6 days ago.
  • DaOnion
    9 years ago
    I really only started SC'ing about a year ago. Before that, I went maybe 7 times in a 20 year period.

Since last year, my longest break has been about 3 months. If I go once a week for a while, it loses its appeal and I need to take at least a month off. I'm planning to start checking out new clubs though, to keep it interesting.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Roughly 2 months this past December and January. I wanted a break one weekend, next weekend I saw duct tape instead of tits, left after 30 minutes of seeing that and did not return until more recently.

I'e been thinking about visiting this top notch club in Columbia SC. It has been getting perfect reviews. However with dancers wanting 30 to 50 a dance, I figure I should save up for a few years and wait for the club to be more down to Earth with more reasonable dance prices and less perfection.
  • DaOnion
    9 years ago
    sharkhunter, duct tape? like, literally duct tape, or is that slang for something? sorry for being clueless
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    I'm supposed to take a break?
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    I tried to be a good boy - for about 5 months before my divorce - and it was a very bad idea! I won't make that mistake again.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… sharkhunter, duct tape? like, literally duct tape, or is that slang for something …”

I assume he means pasties that cover-up the dancers’ nipples which is required in certain cities.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Probably a week. When I was working the normal 70 hour plus weeks, I was usually too tired to go more often.
  • DaOnion
    9 years ago
    Oh, got it. Thanks Papi.That makes sense.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    My first SC visit was in June 1985. My second visit was January 2012, so nearly 27 years. But since January 2012 the longest break has been around two and a half or three months at most.

I just keep coming back.
  • DaOnion
    9 years ago
    I think 27 years takes the cake. That's a long time between visits.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    About a month. I got lazy.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Still basically on a break that has lasted about 2 1/2 years. Reason, surgeries. I've not gotten into club visits as I was before, mostly because my last visits to my fave clubs sucked. Only recent good visit was at the Tootsie's Miami meet with 25, JS69, Papi, and Rech,
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion