tuscl

how much to tip dancer "for her time"?

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:05 PM
say the dancer is just sit your lap, chatting for you and no dance. then how much for tip her "for her time" per hour or per song? it must be less than cost of true lap dance, yes, since sitting is easy? or just buy girl an alcohol is enough tip if she sit in your lap for 20 minute? sometime a girl is interesting personality, but I decide I do not want dance from her, yet wish to time for her time

32 comments

• ButterMan
    8 years ago
    You don't tip her anything for her time. This has been discussed here before. If anything in this situation ask her when she is on stage and tell her you will come see her then. Never pay a dancer for just sitting or speaking to you, you are a PL not in human.
  • dancer0307
    8 years ago
    Be honest with and tell her your not interested in a dance but would offer a drink. This is should be done after 5 or so minutes so you both don't feel like you wasted your time.
  • maho
    8 years ago
    Depends. If she is genuinely cool and I'm initiating parts of the conversation, but for whatever reason am not interest in a trip to VIP, I give her a little something - maybe $20-$60. At some point I'll make it clear I'm just going to hang out for a while or am waiting on someone so I don't waste too much of her time.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    If a dancer is sitting on my lap for more than a few minutes, then that means that I like her and I am going to buy dances from her. I'm not going to keep her on my lap or at my table and waste both of our time if I am not planning on buying dances, and I am certainly not going to pay her for anything other than dances (or extras, of course!) Didn't we just talk about this?
  • Ch3ll
    8 years ago
    Its up to you, but the consensus seems to be not to. There is only one recurring stripper i pay for her time only because Ill get dances from her on a different visit. Like someone said earlier we've recently talked about this. Go back a few discussion pages until you see "How much to charge for talking."
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    If you are going to take up her time b/c *you* want her company; then she should be compensated by either you getting some dances or tipping her – she is there to make $$$; not be a girlfriend by-proxy. Hard to know exactly how much; would have to put some thought into it – perhaps the equivalent of 1/4 a lap-dance cost – e.g say the avg song-length in most clubs is 3.5 minutes; if you talk to her for an hour that would be the equivalent of ~17 songs and if you pay her 1/4 the dance price that would be a total of ~$85 for her time of 1-hour of her company or about $45 for 30-minutes (assuming $20/dance). This I think is “fair” but may not work for a dancer in a busy club where there is a lot of potential $$$; and may not work if she's hot and can make in 10-minutes what you are paying for convo for an hour.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Easy to overthink this. You have lots of ways to compensate her for her time, and for me, it depends heavily on the club culture. I specifically seek out the slowest times of slowest shifts I can -- but shifts that still have attractive girls. And there, I'll spend easy 3+ hours with her and buy a couple of VIPs ($200 cost) in compensation, plus keeping her in alcohol and food the entire time, is a winning proposition for both of us ... I've had lots of fun and had great value for my money, she's made far more than most other girls in the club if we're talking about (say) the Monday 6:30-9:30 timeframe when the club is dead. Note that I haven't tipped her for time at all, I pay her in VIP dances, but we're both still happy with the deal. That, of course, doesn't remotely work for the Saturday night 11pm-2am shift, when the club is packed... which is why I rarely go to those shifts. Once in a while, I'll invite a girl to stay at the table and drink even though I am not planning to do any dancers with her (and I always make that crystal clear). If she chooses to stay, my only cost is buying her drinks. But, if she's awesome at the table -- super fun, funny, bringing other girls over, etc. -- I'll almost always tip her at the end. I never feel obligated, but a tip both expresses my appreciation, and very often, gets her back to my table again next time.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    If she goes on stage I might throw her a few extra dollars. I don't go to clubs with drink hustles, but if I did I might buy a drink for a girl I liked who spent a lot of time with me.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I pay dancers $20 per song plus a $5 tip to talk to me. Minimum. Cause I'm too shy to talk to girls in real life. Plus I like looking at their cleavage while they talk. Sometimes I can almost see a nipple. This is so hot. Should I be paying more?
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I recommend reading the discussion mentioned above. Remember - she's working - and time is money. If you aren't interested - let her know up front - so she can move to another more interested customer.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    "Didn't we just talk about this?" lopaw, Men have short term memories. Blood flow to the penis deprives oxygen to the brain and it affects memory. Do women experience a similar thing?
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I pay dancers $20 per song plus a $5 tip to talk to me. Minimum. Cause I'm too shy to talk to girls in real life. Plus I like looking at their cleavage while they talk. Sometimes I can almost see a nipple. This is so hot. Should I be paying more?
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    OK, I'm on a boring conference call straight off of another boring call, so I'll take a crack at this . . . -- -- How long is a piece of string? --> The answer to this is really a philosophical question/answer. /s -- -- Definitely offer a drink (alcoholic or nonalcoholic is her choice). IMO, it's rude as fuck to not offer her a drink. For 20 minutes, most customers who tip would give her $10 if they really enjoyed it. For a so-so time, just give $5. A classy move would be to comp her for one LD price as a tip, for the 20 minutes clothed convo ($20 or $30). Generally I would cap my tipping for clothed convo at $100-120/hr. That's only if she's blowing me away and/or offering GFE in the front room. There's no reason to spend more than that unless you are whale. Plus if you offer too much, and you are trying to use The System(tm) to get OTC/P4P, you still want your OTC $$ offer to look attractive. Rarely does it make sense budget-wise or from a budget-conscious standpoint to buy BOTH dances AND tip for time. Doing so makes for a rather expensive SC visit. Fun, but expensive. Happy SC mongering! PS: /s = sarcasm tag, for non-Reddit readers.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    ^ha! Good one.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    If a dancer spends time with me and I enjoy it, I tip her. If I want to drink with her I buy her drinks. My favorite club caters to regulars so we treat the dancers differently. Probably why as customers we too can get naked in private dances. The one caveat? Its winter so i like to leave my socks on.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    8 years ago
    This has been discussed recently. Go here: [view link] "All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again." /Galactica
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "$5,000." Brilliant!
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Last trip, about $40-50/hour in fives, about two at a time, after drinks arrive.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    $5,000 sounds like too much - for w/e reason $4,999 sounds cheaper
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    How about if you enjoyed her company and you hung out for a while give her a reasonable tip just so she will remember that you were a good guy and maybe you might enjoy her company again any where from, $25- $100 . Not saying you have to tip at all, but why be a cheapass . Being nice hasn't ever hurt me at any of the clubs I go to regularly, that when I do show up I always have a few girls that really treat me well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Just give her some good DATY as her tip :)
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^ That too.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    It really depends. If a stripper asks to sit with you and you say yes, you should compensate for the cost of her time. It depends on your budget of course, but I'd say a $20 every 20 minutes or so.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I’m guessing a lot more customers sit w/ Nina than w/ HotStuff :)
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I've said yes to a stripper sitting with me hundreds of times in 20 years and never once has she ever asked for money to sit, and never once have I ever offered to pay her to sit. I often buy some dances after a bit or at least buy her food or drink cause I wouldn't say yes unless I was interested in her, but strippers get paid to strip not to talk. Nevertheless, I don't doubt there are some idiots out there who actually pay for nothing.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Should we charge dancers when they *insist* on sitting w/ us and using our time.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    JohnSmith69 --> " but strippers get paid to strip not to talk." --> end quote JohnSmith69 Depends on the state and local laws. The club I go to they have to stupid ordinance where they have to wear four articles of clothing. so there's no real "stripping" going on. I miss the old days and I miss Florida. :-(
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    unless she actually wants to be there and your kind of leading her on because we all know she'd rather just be making money elsewhere than talking to some PL. I'd at least offer her a drink for 20 minutes of her time. She could have made over $100 by then. THough unless she wants to keep talking to you, then don't tip shit. She's happy conversing with you in that case.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    You might not have to pay her for her time, but feeding her a stream of money is a way of showing respect. She wouldn't be there, and dressed and painted up as she is, unless she was making money. SJG Debunking the Trafficking Myth: [view link] [view link] In Swingers Clubs most people don't have sex in front of others. But of those that do, it really loosens up both the men and the women. So the management always tries to make the environment conducive to it. [view link] [view link] This place was the most famous because of all the different kinds of play spaces it had. I say was because now I see that it is closed and the property sold to developers. This is a major loss for the entire world! from their rules: "Cell phones allowed only in the lobby and parking area." Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles [view link] [view link] [view link] Atlantic City, one of the largest pipe organs ever built. Look how high the ceiling is. More information to come. [view link] Yes, it is the largest in the world! [view link] It is one of only two organs in the world to have an open 64-foot rank, and the only organ to have stops voiced on 100 inches of wind pressure (about 3.6 psi). Its console features seven manuals. The pedal manual can be divided into left and right divisions 10x 32 foot stops The Diaphone-Dulzian's low-C pipe stands 59 feet (18 m) tall, weighs 3,350 pounds (1,520 kg), and produces a frequency of 8 Hz,[10] a tone that is more felt than heard; the sound of the vibrating pallet is described as "a helicopter hovering over the building". The pipe stands upright for about 40 feet (12 m), the remainder is mitred (turned) towards the Right Stage chamber's grill. All pipes taller than 32 feet (9.8 m) are designed in this manner. The organ's wind supply is the most powerful ever used in a pipe organ. The DC motors for the original eight blowers had a total power of 394 horsepower (294 kW). These were replaced with AC motors in the early 1990s, which have a total of 600 horsepower (450 kW) and their seven blowers produce 36,400 cubic feet (1,030 m3) of wind per minute. [view link] Some of the lower manuals are not only 61 keys, they are 73 or 85 keys! ( some piano music is written to take up all 88. But nothing in the standard piano repertoire goes beyond that , as with Boesendorfer's 97 keys. [view link] I saw one just like this in a local store, priced to sell at only $180k. [view link] ) [view link] Largest Pipe Organs In The World [view link] the only other organ with 64' open pipe stop. not sure if this picture shows that though [view link] extreme high ceiling! [view link] [view link] [view link] Yes, the 64' pipes are hidden somewhere behind the proscenium. They are square in cross section and made of wood. Pictures here show them. This one in Sydney and the Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall are the only two open 64' organ pipe stops in the entire world. Zero for the 128' octave. I would think it easier to design these huge pipes for horizontal, but no one seem to have done this. I would go for cast out of concrete and an integral and load bearing part of the building, as well as having common sides. No one seems to have done this though. With these extreme pipe organs, the building and the organ have to be designed together. [view link] Code Red Warning! This is like ColdnShallow turned into a 501.c3 [view link] 3 Nights in Tunisia - Diz, Jimmy Smith, Barbara Dennerlein [view link] acoustic piano action could never go as fast as these people do. I think even a semi-weighted keyboard would be too slow. Dennerlein play list, REALY GOOD! [view link]
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I agree. I will tip her extra if she spends time with me. But on my own, not if she asks for it.
  • IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    Zero. I have plenty of people I can call if I want to talk.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Yes, "on my own". That's the thing, just taking care of your girl, not paying fees. Same for making it rain. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion