tuscl

Senate act on strip clubs adds to sodomy criticism

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Michigan legislature outlaws full nudity in strip clubs after outlawing sodomy. Why would I even go to Detroit strip clubs any more?

http://www.freep.com/story/news/politics…

17 comments

• Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Tell me about it. While not michigan, I'm stuck with bikini dances. It sucks. I envy reading about people getting full nude stage shows or full nude LDs.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    Nudity and sodomy are the things that make life worth living!
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    "That’s already the law in Michigan, but the Legislature wanted to reinforce existing law in response to a recent federal judicial hearing that ruled the state’s law unconstitutional. " This is the quality of law currently coming from the Michigan Senate. It would be funny if I didn't see a State senator in my club once in awhile. Hypocrites and idiots. I vote but I didn't vote for these guys. My wife and I enjoy sodomy but not with animals just with each other. This will not change anything and was just done to make political noise.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I think its illegal most places to have full nudity and alcohol. That's even the law in Vegas the last time I was there. The few places that don't have this idiotic rule (like Atlanta and Miami) end up having the best strip clubs.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Unfortunately the only reason the Democrats want to allow alcohol in full nude bars is because the Republicans don't. But for one, at least the liberals are on the correct side of a strip club issue.
  • poledancer83
    9 years ago
    And another fine example of what ive posted before about. Somehow alcohol and full nudity are just so damn bad. When are people especially those making the rules going to grow up and realize that sex is not something to be afraid of. Neither are sex related industries ie sex toy shops strip clubs etc. We spend billions on wars against countries that oppress women then turn around and tell our own women that nope cant show that here in a closed building only allowing access to adults and if they let you then you cant drink alcohol. Well guess what crazy right wing nut jobs. Your jesus put a hole between my legs and tits on my chest and if I wanna let a bunch of drunk men stare at it and pay me then where in the hell is the harm in that. I'm so sick of these hipocrites doing shit to stop what I do for a living or to make me somehow less of a stripper cause I got my damn thong on. sorry off the soap box now lol
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Well said, PD83. Those who want to impose their beliefs on others are dangerous. Most Republicans argue for less government interference in our lives, and yet want to tell women what to do with their bodies, limit our choices having to do with sex, and try to run our lives according to their standards.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Republican Party!

What else can one say.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Don't worry jack - what goes on in VIP stays in VIP

:)
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    IF - - BIG "IF" - this actually becomes law - - AND anyone tries to enforce it near Detroit (another very big "IF") what will happen is that all our fav dancers will go somewhere else. My money is on most moving south.

This stupid morality law will just push even more business out of the state, especially the Detroit area. Who wants a trip to Bogarts to end with a criminal arrest instead of CIM? Why go to the Flight Club if the vice enforcers are there to watch you?

I hope that most of the ladies of Detroit's most welcoming clubs will choose to travel to the south. Their talents will certainly find an approving audience in or near cities like Miami, Pompano Beach, Tampa, Atlanta and many other venues.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Bogarts is paying off the pigs. Why not allow them to have some fun, too. LMAO
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    More words from our illustrious law makers. Let's see if it's actually enforced. I'll never forget former governor, Jenifer Granholms husband being caught in a local strip club by her !! I'm sure, he slept on the couch for awhile.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    I think it is absurd that law makers feel that liquor + nude women = no go. . let alone this latest nonsense from Michigan.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    This is a problem with both parties. Democrats want to take your money and tell everyone what they will do with what used to be your money. repubs want to tell people what they can do with their bodies. In between the two parties, we all get screwed.
    However I have noticed the more democrat or liberal voting an area is, the less strip clubs it has and more restrictive the area seems to be as far as strip clubs go in general.

The US is going downhill, end of a 500 year cycle of dominate by the west and end of a 250 year cycle of dominance by the US. China and the East are likely going to become dominant and better economically than the US which is in decline. Both parties here don't get it. They talk about fighting ISIS and foreign enemies of freedom but at home they are almost just as bad as ISIS. It's another sign this country is going downhill. Next up I believe the FED may get worried about people holding cash or using cash to avoid negative interest rates. Can't have that. This will further screw strip clubs when they try to get rid of cash. I imagine some strip clubs will invent their own cash convertible back to digital money. exchange rate? who knows? different topic though but coinciding with the decline of the US and all these restrictions on our freedom and money.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    zero hedge article on the economy and cycles
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-12…

in the top left of the link is another link to the coming war on cash that central banks around the world are concerned about. To sum up, with central banks resorting to negative rates as a last gap effort to avoid a declining economy, it becomes cheaper to hold cash than to keep it in a bank. Central banks can't have that so charging people to hold cash or eliminating cash is what they have already been discussing. People taking all their money out of a bank could collapse the entire financial system because there isn't enough cash to convert everyone's money to cash.

I probably should have majored in finance. It is what I seem to be more interested in.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Just another no effect bill. Don't sweat it.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Boy, you guys have it so rough. We still can't even buy beer on sunday here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion