Controversial strip club ad pulled from Texas State campus newspaper

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Co-eds have to pay their tuition somehow.

http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-new…

10 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    This is not the first time a club has advertised for dancers telling them they can pay off their tuition easily.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    The club gets much better advertising from the controversy than from the ad itself.
  • Cheo_D
    9 years ago
    True, JohnSmith69.

I notice that from the report, those actually running the paper, including a number of women in different offices, had the ad reviewed at multiple levels before running it. You can bet it was some parents/alumni who must have started calling threatening to pull their money, making it not worth it.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    You can't buy publicity like this!

Really, everyone complaining about this is incredibly uptight. People who are easily offended should be offended. I don't feel sorry for them.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    If you'll forgive me I'll just say this is brilliant! The club owner knows that he will get tons of advertising for the price of an ad in the campus paper! Good for him!

The clubs that just put up a sign saying "now hiring the class of 199x" are even more brilliant!

Plus it does have a small chance of attracting hot 18-year old strippers! And hot 18-year old strippers = brilliant!
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Let's go to Austin !!
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Sugars is in San Antonio about an hour or so south of Austin, longer depending on if you're are in north Austin with all the traffic. Texas State is south of Austin in a town called San Marcos and probably provides more anonymity to girls who don't want to strip in their hometown.
    San Antonio clubs suck from what I've heard from a PL standpoint.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    More political correctness shit.

It’s a legal business (SC) and the students there are adults over 18 that are able to vote and go to wars – they can surely make the decision whether that ad is for them or not.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    Smart. All clubs should do that.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    !!!!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion