tuscl

Why do so many guys blame their bad spelling on their *smart* phones?

How do these devices work? They change your spelling just for the hell of it? I would hate to rely on them for professional work.

19 comments

• Estafador
    9 years ago
    they change your words automatically based on the smartphone's preset dictionary. You can turn this autocorrect feature off as well as edit the dictionary, usually by just adding new words all the time. Its more about knowing your phone, nothing more, nothing less.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Amen! Smartphone users blame their spelling errors on the autocorrect feature, but the real culprit is their unwillingness to proofread before they send or post. I'll start the inevitable flame wars by flaming myself: "Proofreading is for old geezers! We young cool dudes are too busy getting pussy (or working out, or growing hair, or whatever) to bother with proofreading!"
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ me too.

Like when I type "fuck" and it changes to "duck"

• vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Ae wee awl sew teknologikally defficciennt?
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    tam fart fone spinks
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Duck you Jackie
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I'm unwilling to proof before I post.

I rarely use my smart phone for real work.
  • SmithWV
    9 years ago
    My problem is my phone likes to glitch at random times and on-screen keyboards plus big thumbs don't mix well.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Some phones and devices are slow to register touches on characters on the screen and lots of guys have large fingers and the devices have small buttons. In some cases, my iPad fails to register certain letters and then autocorrects to a completely different word than what I typed. If I didn't glance at my posts and do a lot of cirrections, most of what I type would often not make any sense at all. With so many letters missed on the onscreen keyboard, I leave auto correct on because it gets more right than wrong when it skips characters.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    my iPad auto correct likes to make the word hot be hit and seems to change o's to I's. Maybe because apple likes I's for some reason. also seems to like making i be a capital letter too.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    smtra hpnes rae rpeytt pustid
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    big fingers and hurrying
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Yep. Lack of proofreading. ;-)
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Haha....Duck you jackie
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    I hate using phones that think they are smarter than I am!
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    Lomgcdo
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    KMAJB69
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Here is what i have to say about my spelling

https://youtu.be/2g5Hz17C4is
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?