tuscl

Skin colour

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Should the colour of a persons skin be taken into account when judging them on their work?

19 comments

• sinclair
    9 years ago
    Only if you are Will Smith and Jada Pinkett.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    ^^^ You know what I am getting at Sinclair
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    You won't hear it on TV, but a lot of people will think things like, " he jumps pretty good for a white guy"
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Are we talking after the fact or before?

Black girls likely give the best grind so I might choose one as a partner in a new club, but of all the girls I've already had sex with, I can't make any blanket statements about bed skills and race.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Oh, sex with girls? No, skin color never mattered. You only know what you know.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Its best to have sex with a girl that has some color if she's too pale she might have something contagious !
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Federal law has prohibited discrimination in employment or housing on the basis of race or religion since 1964. So if you receive a performance review or a written warning from an employer and race seems to be a factor, you simply have to walk in to the federal dept of labor and say, "I think I might have been discriminated against." This will start an investigation and the employer will have to write responses to questions.

Then likewise, if you are interviewing perspective candidates you do not ask about things like marital status, otherwise if you don't hire them, you can expect an investigation and a lawsuit.

So I am not sure what the OP is asking. I know he is from another country where there is probably not such a history of racial conflict. But he likely is not as used to dealing with people of different races as Americans are either.

Part of the fun of strip clubs is getting to interact with women of different races and outside of the social segments one might be more accustomed to. As to how you and they will get along, there is only one way to find out. And the same goes in AMPs.

SJG
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Sorry I don't follow you. What are you referring to? Is this a general question, like judging someone in the workplace (in general) or are you talking about a strip club?
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    ^^^^^^^ That is also my question. Remember the OP is coming to us from a different country, one where is likely not the same history of racialized issues.

SJG
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    It's been said that sports is the greatest meritocracy. Talent rises to the top regardless of skin colour.

But anyone who watches the NBA knows might chuckle at this.

Many an NBA black player have said they feel "disrespected" when the opposing coach puts a white defender on him.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    As long as the important part is pink, I'm cool.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Pink is always nice.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I think pink is the new black its always in style
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    If I understand londonguy properly, he's referring to the Smiths' announcement that they are boycotting some awards show because last year's were too white. He's implying that they are protesting perceived racisim by being racist, i.e. assuming the winners *only* won because they're white.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    Damn white devils.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    Just to shed some light on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXnM1uHh…

(Avenue Q: Everyone's A Little Bit Racist )
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    To answer londonguy's question, no!

But, if this is about Oscar boycott, the argument being made is that there are good films that were passed over because of the color of the director's skin or actor's skin. The only specific I remember hearing mentioned was Creed, which I haven't seen. There may be others.

From my perspective the Oscars = non-brilliant waste of time! So I don't really care!

• dallas702
    9 years ago
    The Oscar "award" story cracks me up. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences ("Academy") is controlled by the Screen Actors Guild ("SAG"), a union. SAG and the Academy completely control the "Academy Award" nomination process. The president of the Academy is a black woman! Every single one of the actors who have been talking "boycott" (including both Will and Jada Pinkett Smith) are current members of SAG.

A union event dedicated to self aggrandizement will be boycotted by a few previous award winners (like Will Smith), and overlooked potential nominees, because the union's subsidiary group forgot to nominate a few people with skin as dark as their president!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion