tuscl

Johnny Manziel is done in Cleveland, so what's next?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Where do you think Johnny Football will end up?

Cowboys backup? Jets starter? Raiders Offensive Coordinator?

I always wondered if he was LMN on here?

29 comments

• skibum609
    9 years ago
    H'es a bigger version of Doug Flutie, with a serious substance abuse problem. He goes nowhere.
  • rattdog
    9 years ago
    more like a suckier version of doug flutie
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Just watch, Manziel will get a chance to start somewhere, but RG3 will be forced to be a backup.
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    There was a Heisman trophy award winner who went to the Arizona Cardinals. His name was Matt Leinart.

He was a quarterback also, and a complete dud.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    Is this going to turn into another thread that accuses the NFL of being racist?
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Only a couple teams will consider him. But you have to weigh his talent versus him being a pain in the ass.
  • rl27
    9 years ago
    What talent?
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    rl27 +1000
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    To make up for his lack of talent, he needs to study film and prepare harder than even Peyton Manning. But he's never gonna do it. He'd rather party with the frat boys on the weekend.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Just look at it this way.

How many chances did they gave Tim Teblow? Although Johnny Football has done a shitty job in the NFL, he's shown more awareness on the field than Tim Tebow. He will be suited up in a uniform next fall as long as he doesn't go on full tilt in the meantime. If he would have put at least a little effort into preparing for games this past season he probably could have been a starter until his concussion.

Although Johnny Football is a distraction, he's not a complete dick like RG3, there's a big difference there. Plus it seems just about every athlete to come out of Baylor the past 10 years is a cocksucker anyway.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    He's got substance abuse problems. Sort of reminds me of Ryan Leaf. Those sorts of problems tend to linger.

Maybe he can land the LA Rams gig? Dallas backup?
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    He's welcome to come to Detroit and work for Coach Caldwell here. That is if Coach Caldwell survives this past season's record here. GO LIONS !! LMAO
  • grand1511
    9 years ago
    I see him managing a Vegas strip club sometime in the next three years
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Nah, he'll be a bouncer at best. Maybe even a bathroom troll.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    I don't know. You can survive in the NFL for a while as either (a) a strong talent with some off-field problems or (b) a mediocre talent who is a good corporate citizen [half the current crop of NFL QBs]. But I doubt that any team is going to trip over itself to scoop up a mediocre talent who keeps fucking up off the field. He's just too stupid to play QB in the NFL and that is really saying something.
  • Longball300
    9 years ago
    Managing a strip club takes attention to detail and hard work; something JM is not capable of. The boy has problems. I think he will be on a roster somewhere; I don't care where as long as it's not here. I don't think Haslam and especially Hue will put up with any more of his inconsistencies.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ Jerry Jones will for at least 1 season.
  • Dolfan
    9 years ago
    Manziel will likely get an invite to camp. If he makes it through the off-season and camp without doing anything stupid, he could be a backup. I'd be surprised if he was anything more than a camp arm for someone who's got a concrete #1 & #2, but someone with a strong #1 and a strong locker room might give him a shot at being #2.

RGIII is more interesting. There is more to that story than I think the public knows. But, by all accounts he seems to learned something this year. And he has been successful in the NFL before. I'd be surprised if he didn't wind up on a 53 man roster. There's a few teams I wouldn't blame for giving him a genuine opportunity to come in and start outright.

Its got nothing to fucking to do with race at this point. I'm sure RGIII faced challenges getting to where he is based on his race, but he success or failure in the NFL will almost certainly not be impacted by race. All crying racism in this situation does is take away from the situations where it is a real problem.

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Burger flipper. Who would invest their future in this guy? He's a cancer in the locker room and sucks on the field. And he'll be in jail at any given moment. If anyone picks him up, I think they'll regret it quickly.
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    Someone will give him a chance. I doubt he'll do anything with it simply because I don't think he can stay out of trouble off the field, especially since he'll be watched closely.

Now the NFL is racist towards coaches AND quarterbacks? Tell us how they don't like black waterboys Clackport?
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    --> "Johnny Manziel is done in Cleveland"

Good. Because we don't want him anymore. He's not talented enough to put up with his off-field antics.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    RGIII isn't worth anything either
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I don't believe I said anything about race. :)

You race baiters!!! Stop bringing up the race card!!! There is no racism in the NFL or in America!!!!! :)

Comparing RG3 and Johnny Manziel. RG3 won rookie of the year and led his team to a division title and the playoffs. Johnny Manziel has done absolutely nothing in the NFL. Manziel has been much more of a distraction than RG3 ever was. RG3 is only 25, and has only been in the league three or four years. Manziel is not even in RG3's league and he's more of a distraction, yet this offseason Manziel will likely compete for a starting job, and RG3 might not make a 53 man roster. Bum QB's who haven't accomplished what RG3 has like: Sam Bradford, Ryan Tannehill, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Blaine Gabbert etc are starting in this league, while RG3 might not make a 53 man roster. Why? Because he's a diva? Tom Brady is a diva, Cam Newton is a diva, Aaron Rodgers is a diva, Ben Roethlisberger is a diva, Jay Cutler is a diva, Peyton Manning is a diva, Kaepernick is a diva. All these QBs are divas.

That tells you all you need to know.

PS: It's not all a race thing, I can actually think outside the box unlike some of you. Tim Tebow (a white guy) led his team to a division title and a playoff win, yet he never got a chance to start after that season. That is just unfair and wrong.

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I've never seen a HOF quality quarterback who WASN'T a diva, but I've seen plenty of divas who washed out of the league quite fast.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Yeah, RGIII at least has shown talent on the field. But his style of play doesn't age well when injuries start to pile up.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Clackport, I doubt hoyer will start for anybody else after that game last Saturday unless they are really desperate. Bradford, tannehill and Fitzpatrick are a tier above hoyer.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    And rg3's career is done. He's a career backup now, if that.
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    OT- While we're talking about Cleveland now , here's something for Ranukam/Clackport to put in his pipe and smoke: Hue Jackson (recent Bengals OC, prior fired Raiders HC) was named Head Coach for the Browns. I seem to recall that he was one of the guys that you said would never get another chance to be HC in the NFL. Time to eat some crow and put a sock on the race card. IMO, a big gain for the Browns, a big loss for the Bengals.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Because one black guy gets hired, now it's time to eat crow. Sounds like a plan Minnow!

LMAO
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion