tuscl

January the slowest month

StPaul101
Minnesota
I was talk with with some dancers and management from a couple different clubs here in the MN area and all said January was the slowest month for the strip clubs. Im going to try to make it a point to go to as many SCs as i can to help the poor single moms and college students working to pay the bills. Oddly enough no one had a definite answer as to why but Im guessing too much money spent on Xmas and maybe a burn out from the holidays. What do you think, is it slower in January in your area?

20 comments

• Mate27
    9 years ago
    Be a snow bird buddy! Here it is just picking up and I love it. Warm enough to club with gym shorts on and it's socially acceptable here, especially from dancers that like to play. Come on down!
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    If I were in MN, I can't imagine even leaving my house until March, so totally get it :)

More seriously, I expect slow seasons depend completely on the area. Around here, it's slow:
    1. From mid-december through January: I assume guys are saving money for gifts, gearing up for vacation with their families, and then getting back into the swing of work in January and recovering financially

2. From March through mid-April: i consider this the tax-season mini-slowdown

3. During the entire summer: No idea why this is, just guessing that it's because this area in general has an outdoors culture, and most guys don't go to the strip club during the summer?

I don't know about you guys, but I double-down during the slow periods, because I love the clubs slow and the stripper desperate. I probably SC at double or triple my usual rate during these times
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Here in MI Jan is also one of the slowest months. So are the later summer months, which I attribute to the weather, vacations, and kids going back to school.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    January is the coldest, icyiest month. PLs aren't as likely to drive 20 to 30 minutes to see pussy.

Most people also charge stuff over the holidays and feel broke in January.

Also, in MN a lot of older retirees flee to FL or AZ for the winter.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Probably a combo of over-spending in the holidays and perhaps some New Year's resolutions to get a hold on one's finances (with New Year's resolutions going by the wayside after January).
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Only thing that will slow me down this month is one of our rare snow/ice storms or if I can line up more OTCs.
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    I've always thought that the summer time is the slowest part of the year for strip clubs and that it picks up in the fall and winter months. I personally go twice a month regardless of the time of year.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Here in NYC, it's the city that never sleeps. So if it sucks now, it'll suck forever. Only exceptions is extreme weather conditions such as varying storms or dangerous renmants of yesterday's storm. Otherwise out here, SCs failures are its own. Take this with a grain of salt because I haven't gone to a strip club in months to save up for a car....that and I don't have my portable vaporizer yet.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    I hear dancers mention certain slower times of the year, but no matter what time of year I go the volume of patrons & dancers always seems the same. I think it's more an urban legend (at least in some areas) than anything else.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I find it working backwards at times... when it's slower, I feel, something dancers try to charge you more because they know you may be 1 of 3 customers that they are making money on that night versus 1 of 10 on a more, busy night. Trying to get every penny out of you, so to speak.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I have to agree. I went to the club I visit most frequently Saturday night and it was only about half full. It was probably too cold and everyone probably is in need of money.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I'm not so sure what the reason is but I look at the reviews and lately there have not been a lot of reviews for Florida venues that sort of says to me that there are not a lot of people traveling to south Florida lately. I'll check again at the end of the month and compare it to other months to better get a gauge of what going on.
  • StPaul101
    9 years ago
    I had forgotten about the snow birds that hang out for the holidays then run south. I do like it when the club is less full than full blown crazy as you seem to get more attention when its dead but sometimes too much attention isn't that great either.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    I'm in north eastern PA, and a lot of the places I go are road house type go go bars. I agree this time of year is slow. A lot of the patrons ride motorcycles, and when the weather gets cold they just don't ride and stop by the places for a beer and see some tits. That being said, if they don't turn the heat up at my regular place I'm gonna stop going myself till spring. When a dancer is shaking because she is so cold it's just not attractive.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

In the Northern area of the U.S. I'd have to say this is defnately the slowest month for clubbing.

I've already received texts from dancers the past few days with the "come see me, I'm working today" at the clubs already...

Bills to pay for Christmas plus a slow down in business makes for desperation for some girls.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Low hanging fruit
  • magicrat
    9 years ago
    I never thought about it until a few years ago I made my first visit to a club and hung with a dancer who said she needed to make $ to pay for Christmas she had put on credit cards apparently. To that point, it may have been the hottest dance I had ever had. After our VIP session she simply said, "just give me what you think it was worth". Might be the largest tip I have ever given. Smart stripper she was.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    Best get you fun in now, though, for when people start getting their income tax refunds back and the money starts flowing again, the girls are less desperate.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Yep January is definitely the slowest month.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    impala-->" Best get you fun in now, though, for when people start getting their income tax refunds back and the money starts flowing again, the girls are less desperate."

Exactly my philosophy. I think guys are insane if they don't take advantage of the slow periods -- the girls most certainly take advantage of the post-April-15th busy period. Like I said, I double or triple the number of SC visits I make during this slow period, and, to put my money where my mouth is, just got a gorgeous stripper who has been waffling for months about OTC, to agree to OTC ... and, she's now so eager that she is pushing ME to set a date soon! She's been overachieving for me in the VIP, too.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion