tuscl

Why your penis has no bone?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
A biblical scholar has suggested that due to an unfortunate mistranslation in the Bible, God did not create Eve from Adam’s rib but rather from his penis. Needless to say, several historical purists are up in – arms.

Professor Ziony Zevit from the American Jewish University in Maryland has proposed his theory in a new book, “What Really Happened in the Garden of Eden.” According to Zevit, the Hebrew word ‘tsela’ in the Old Testament does not translate as ‘rib.’ Rather, Zevit believes that ‘tsela’ means a limb sticking out sideways from an upright human body, and contextually translates this to penis. Furthering this hypothesis, Zevit uses his new translation to explain why man is the only mammal without a penis bone – because Adam used his to make Eve.

Biblical Archeological Review published a review of Zevit’s book and once devoted readers of the religious magazine are threatening to cancel their subscriptions. Comments on the BAR’s Facebook posts of the September/October 2015 issue include, “Is it the BAR agenda to cast doubt and try to discredit most of what the Bible says? If so, wouldn’t want to be with BAR come judgement day,” and “This article is sensationalist junk.”

Zevit graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with both a Masters and PhD. His controversial book maintains a 4.6 star rating on Amazon.

11 comments

• Corvus
    9 years ago
    While this is an interesting story and article, humans are not the only mammal without a baculum (penis bone). We are the only primate without one. And good thing as other types of primates (apes, chimps) have baculums of around two inches.

But overall I would say the loss of a penis bone in exchange for women was a good thing. At least in most circumstances!
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    Biblical scholar? Why are we quoting someone who believes the earth was created 6,000 years ago? :-)
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Are you concerned with not being able to get a boner shadow?
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Scat gets a feline spiny semi boner.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I've heard this idea a number of times. Actually makes quite a bit of sense since it seems likely that the people who wrote the stories of Genesis (and the oral traditions before them) surely knew that men and women have the same number of ribs and no doubt knew that a penis bone was present in many mammals.

However, Corvus is misinformed. Man isn't the only primate that lacks a baculum. Moreover, there are many species that have a much larger baculum than the great apes. I had a friend in college that had the baculum of a seal (don't remember what kind of seal) and it was at least 8 or 9 inches, if I remember correctly.

I don't know why he had a seal's dick bone, he just did! ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "Scat gets a feline spiny semi boner."

Ace comment, but isn't that rickthelion?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Don't leave out the female equivalent -- the baubellum.

Nina might contact NOW and file a law suit.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    ^^^Lol
  • JackKash
    9 years ago
    Although some women do have a baulbustem, Usually develops once they have a mate but not exclusively so.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Religious people get freaky and argue about some of the weirdest stuff. Only religious people could seriously argue whether or not women were made from penis bones. Well maybe Mr Trump too. I could imagine some jokes saying it could be true, might explain why women give guys boners or seem to have power over the dick.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Oh yeah, if penises don't have no bones, then why can they get "a boner". Get it *snark* *snark*
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion