tuscl

People I never tip at a SC

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Are the receptionists/cashiers, wtf do they do that warrants a tip I'll never know. Only seen that over in Vegas though at SR, yeah I know everything about Vegas is a 'ripoff'. You guys come across this at your local club?

Any other employees asked for a tip other than the usual bathroom attendants, waitresses, bouncers etc?

33 comments

• bman77
    9 years ago
    They have a a tip jar for the doorman/cashier at my local club. I may put a dollar in occasionally but not often.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    I tipped the door girl at Follies, but only after she searched me *properly*.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Begging for tips is getting out of hand. In many restaurants they have a tip jar by the cashier. Why should I tip a cashier to take my money? Waitresses need to be tipped because they are not paid the minimum wage and they provide a personal service. But most employees should receive their compensations from the employer, not the customer.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Yeah there is a tip jar at some of the clubs I go to for the doorman. The one that pisses me off most is the bathroom troll. I'm supposed to tip you for turning on the water and/or handing me a paper towel? Some of them only hand you a paper towel. SMH
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I don't tip the cashier. Never even crossed my mind to do so ... How odd

I used to never tip the bathroom guy either. But here, on tuscl of all places, I learned to appreciate the phrase, "there but for the grace of God go I"... He's just doing his job, and at least providing a service of sorts. I give him a dollar and hope it buys me some good karma
  • ellocohombre
    9 years ago
    Yea the dude at the local club that takes your cash for lap dance thinks he deserves a big tip. Kick him 2 bucks that's it.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I agree. Tell them to oull your finger
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    No, there was this obnoxious, big titted, VIP room attendant who used to be a waitress.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    She ripped me off on the price of my beer one night. I spoke to the manager later that night who apologized and bought me my next beer. And got me a refund on the overcharge.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    So she didn't get a penny more out of me, ever.
  • samsung1
    9 years ago
    I will tip $1 sometimes if I am using a free admission coupon or they are letting me in for free for being a regular.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    There's usually a scantily clad young woman collecting fees & making change at my fave club. I usually have a pass to get in but I have her change a $50 or $100 bill & I put $1 in her tip jar. Five minutes after I arrive the dancers begin approaching somehow knowing I'm spending. It's much easier to spread a woman's legs with Benjamin's.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    If by cashier you mean the girl that charges the cover-charge; yeah I see that (tip-jar) in just about every club I visit and although I'm not not big on tipping I usually do tip the cover-charge chick; the waitress or bartender; and the bathroom attendant.

w.r.t. the bathroom-attendant; I really could care less about him handing me a towel or soap since it does not take much effort for me to do that myself; but at the very least I appreciate they usually keep the bathroom fairly clean (in most cases) b/c I've been in some SC bathrooms that made me wanna puke.

And I imagine the tipping-thing is more odd for londonguy since AFAIK tipping is not that common in Europe since most folks are supposedly paid a living-wage even in the service industry.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    What I think is adding insult to injury is when there is no cover-charge (i.e. dayshift) but they still park a girl there at the register w/ a tip-jar where she does noting but smile and welcome you; SMH.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    ^^^ Just throw in a few pennies or nickels Papi bet she appreciates it LOL^^^
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ I once threw-in a used condom

:)
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    ^^^^Hope she appreciated the donation^^^^
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ she actually licked-it

• twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Fuck you Jackie I mean Papi :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I always tip the door girl at one of my regular clubs whenever I get a new bunch of ones, but only if it's a female. They have 3 people there, usually, the one girl who always calls me Sugar Pie, the one old lady who was a dancer when the club opened and this one bald dude. Sugar Pie girl and old lady get tips, bald dude does not.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I tip them all $1. What's the big deal? You need to expect that a place with attractive nude women is going to cost more than going to McDonald's for your pre club meal.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "I agree. Tell them to oull your finger"

Brilliant!

Seriously though, I agree with JohnSmith69! What's $1 in the scheme of things?
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    You guys are so rich I bet you go to McDonalds just to tip cause I know you would never eat there ; -0
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "You guys are so rich I bet you go to McDonalds just to tip cause I know you would never eat there ; -0"

Ace comment! You've got me sussed!
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    Weird never worked at a club like that. Usually the doorman took the money and at many clubs got a slice of that. I've seen that at non strip clubs though like Starbucks and various other places. I've even seen it at stores.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I think you should tip the banjo player
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I tip people at strip clubs who actually perform a service for me: bartenders, waitresses, strippers who get me off or whom I want to see again, and even the bathroom troll. I don't tip cashiers anywhere, whether it's a strip club or Starbucks. Why should I pay them to take my money? The poor bathroom dude has a shitty job (so to speak) -- give him a dollar; the girl at the entrance is just sitting there looking pretty -- fuck her! What I don't understand is guys who spend dozens or hundreds on dances but won't give the waitress or the bathroom attendant one damn dollar.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    JS69---> " I tip them all $1. What's the big deal?"

Shockingly enough, I find myself thinking it's the principle of the thing. Like I said, I am willing to tip anyone providing a service, but the door girl provides absolutely none whatsoever. So, with the very few shreds of dignity I have left, I take my small stand and don't tip the door girl. The $1 isn't remotely the point.

That said, if it could somehow have any bearing on my strip club experience, I'd tip her her $1 in a second. But then again, if it had any bearing on my strip club experience, I'd be able to argue she's providing some sort of service or other, perhaps.

Of course, a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, and while I've never tipped the doorgirl, my buddies and I have bought a super fun doorgirl shots. We'd make her come over to our table to get it, and each time she hung out for a bit (in fact, once she realized we'd buy her shots, on slow days she'd sneak over to our table on her own recognizance, and just hang out for 15 minutes a pop). She was cute and fun, the $6 was a small price to pay for her company, and she eventually got "promoted" to waitress, where she often came through for us (she'd sometimes pour us the good stuff but only charge us for the swill)...
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    They should make it that the door-girl is always attractive and has to at least flash her tits in order to receive a tip.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I always tip the door girl/cashier at our fave club. There are a couple that rotate working the entrance and one of them is our favorite waitress. They always pull their shirts down for me so I can stick a dollar between their tits. Why wouldn't I tip them?
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    Like many of you, the door girl/guy is the only person that I don't tip. Seems like a sense of entitlement to me.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I will never tip the bathroom troll
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion