tuscl

OT: Shoe attire

Clackport
Washington
What do you like wearing on your feet?

I pretty much just roll with Jordans, Nikes, Timberland boots, and I have a couple of dress shoes for the nightclubs.

What say you?

36 comments

• sinclair
    9 years ago
    New Balance (American-made styles) for comfort and running/walking. Lucchese and Larry Mahan for dress and events. My current work boots are Justin and Caterpillar steel toes.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ASICs sneakers - find them very comfortable and fit me right.

Also recently bought a pair of black Skechers sneakers which are ok – bought them mainly b/c they are all black and can kinda pass for dressy and be worn w/ jeans or shorts.

I used to wear New-Balance sneakers but they don’t fit me as comfortably as the ASICs.

For dress-shoes I have a pair of black leather Rockports which are very comfortable and some other bit expensive black dress shoes but can’t recall the brand; I have some brown Hush Puppies that are pretty comfortable – but I can get away w/ just wearing sneakers (especially in year-round warm Miami) and I rarely do anything too formal these days
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Barefoot is most comfortable.

On the casual side, Pumas are extremely comfortable, they're like walking on pillows. I also like Chucks and Toms. I like Nike but haven't bought a new pair in a while. Uggs are good casual wear for cold weather although the classic Ugg is played out a little.

For special occasions and fancier settings, Louboutins, Burberry, Gucci, and Prada.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    For some reason I really dislike seeing girls in Chucks.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Chucks are cool if you have small feet, otherwise you look like a clown
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    I have small feet. I can fit a 5.5 or 6, depending on the brand.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    "New Balance (American-made styles) for comfort and running/walking"

--

Plus 1 for Sinclair. I've worn New Balance for years. I have fat feet and they are one of the few brands that fit nicely. I can't wear Nike even in their so called "wide" widths.

As an added bonus, New Balance still makes some of their shoes in the US. In the 90's, they advertised they made 3/4 of their shoes in America -- it's only about 25 percent now, but whenever one else is like ZERO percent.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I have exclusively worn New Balance for the last 10 years. Best shoes ever.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    Shorts and timberland sport sandals in summer; soft pants and asics in the winter; suit and tie with one of 10 pairs of Johnson and Murphy dress shoes for work, clubbing? no idea what that is any longer.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Steal toe boots
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    RickBoy never mentioned what kind of shoes to wear in his The System. Do you have to get that right in addition to wearing the white three piece polyester suit? What shoes go best with a white polyester suit, anyway?
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    Loafers. Occasionally boots. Sneakers are for working out or working outside. Obviously dress shoes for work.

Right now I favor a pair of Allen Edmonds loafers.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^ Allen Edmond = classy, but I'm still too young for those.

I am a Jordan collector, but I don't wear them.

If I'm just running around in sweats or jeans I will wear Nike Air Max which I have a bunch of. I have some Pumas which I love but the newer pairs are so ugly I've quit buying them.

If I'm going out like to a strip club or with wifey or out with friends I always wear slip on loafers/driving shoes or sometimes low chucks which I think look cool but are very uncomfortable. I don't spend a lot of money on my loafers because they get jacked up so easily so I stick with Kenneth Cole and Cole Haan. I do own a pair of loubotons although most people don't even know they make men's shoes
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I wear Asics all the time. I run 4 miles at least once a week and need a nice running shoe. I wear a pair of closed toe sandals to the club normally.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Oh I remember when I was a teenager and was my team's hurdler, I got my first pair of Asics (actually two pairs at once, one with cleats for meets and a regular pair for practicing). I felt so cool with my trackstar attire lol.

I want to start working out. They're great running shoes so I might get some. I haven't had a pair in years! Same for Jordans, the only Jordans I ever bought were when I played bball as a teen and our team shoes were usually new release Jordans or some other new Nike brand. That's the only time my dad would willingly buy me Nikes or anything, he was SO against the big name brands because he hates the idea of sweatshops.

I'm getting OT
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    I'm going to Footlocker this weekend and buying at least 3 new pairs of sporty shoes because of this thread.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Since I retired 6 years ago nothing but sneakers.
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    Didn't someone start a similar thread within the last several months ? For me, its pretty much a 3 way tie between New Balance, Asics, and Brooks running shoes. For the NB fans out there, go to www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com. They have some good deals on slightly outdated models.(As in initially introduced 1-3 years ago.)
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    RickBoy never mentioned what kind of shoes to wear in his The System. Do you have to get that right in addition to wearing the white three piece polyester suit? What shoes go best with a white polyester suit, anyway?

Gators of course ( but knock offs to poor for the real deal. Remember it's the image of being wealthy)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “... What shoes go best with a white polyester suit, anyway? ...”

all-white sneakers of course
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    My checkerboard Vans.
    Rock on, Spicoli!!!!
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I was just going to say white walking running shoes or sneakers but they happen to be new balance too. I once wore black shoes. My feet got stepped on several times over a year in dark crowded strip clubs.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I'm a Vasque guy.

Vasque Summit backpacking boots - I wear these 99% of the time
    Vasque Ultra SST running shoes - I wear these for working out
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Lol mikea
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Sneakers or sandals in the club (depending on time of year). Dress black sneakers at work :)

Ranukam . . . dude . . . you're ordinarily the king of interesting topics, but this one is no more interesting than it was a few months ago.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    ^^^it sure seems to be getting a lot of comments for an uninteresting topic.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    Ranukam I'm very similar. I also primarily wear Nike's and Jordan's on regular warm and hot days. I do have some Polo Ralph Lauren boots that I sometimes wear on colder days. Also I tend to dress up a bit during the cooler months into some business casual attire, particularly at nighttime, so I'll often wear some dark Navy blue or black dress shoes.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    If Wal-Mart sells it i own it
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    I wear dress shoes for work, not a brand whore when it comes to those so whatever I can get from Nordi's Rack.

Casual shoes are Chuck low cut. Nike AF1 retro, and Adidas Clams classic with the black stripes. Also a pair of blue/grey K-swiss cross trainers.

Running shoes are Brooks & Asics.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Ranukam: Good point. I don't get it. Do these people really have nothing to discuss but *shoes*? Clearly I'm alone on this. You're still a great discussion-starter . . . in general :)
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Shoes are very important to some people - people like me. I have over $20,000 invested in my Jordan collection.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    @MrDeuce- thanks for that King of interesting topics, I always try to keep it interesting. This thread inspired Nina to go shoe shopping this weekend!

@Shailynn- Damn bro, that is a expensive ass collection!
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    New balance and k-swiss
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Whatever inexpensive but comfortable and long-lasting walking shoes I can get my paws on. Basic black, too. Fashion and brand names mean nothing to me.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    The question, "What do you like wearing on your feet? "

The operative word is "like".

I have four different ones.

1. Mostly worn when walking a great deal, orthopedic New Balance due to my crushed foot (motorcycle). Don't like.

2. West Marine deck shoes for casual. Like.

3. Harley boots for the bike. Don't like, rather love.

4. Relatively inexpensive steel toed work boots for work around the acreage. Don't like because heavier work is involved.

All four have orthopedic inserts. Some custom made and others generic.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion