tuscl

Facebook/Twitter/other

1] are you on any social media sites?
2] do you broadcast your entire life onto the internet (what you had for lunch or when you last took a dump etc.) or how much do you post? -keep it general-
3] do you use professional internet networking sites and are they of use
4] would you give a dancer your face book info?
5] did you know once you have a face book site any information you put onto it becomes the property of face book.

I do not have a face book page and several years ago I looked into it and was frightened at the invasive aspects of this site. Because I have actually gone onto their site with my real personal email address I began to get prompts dozens of time per day to open and complete my page even though I had never set up a page. I put a block on the emails that only stopped them briefly and they also started showing up on my work email disrupting my account with large hidden prompts that would take you to their site if you mistakenly opened the email and them would not let you leave unless you crashed you browser. They only stopped when I had sent electronic letter and a certified letter to cease and desist on a lawyer friend's letterhead threatening legal action.

17 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Nope!
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    My FB page is 90% entertainment, and I usually post just one pic a day so I don't overwhelm my "close" friends. I like to entertain, as people can see here too although here I try to be on topic at least some of the time. The other 10% is about me and/or the band.

I hate when people post 20+ things a day because it's too much for me to be 'close' friends with them due to all the notifications.

I'm not on Twitter or any other social media site. As for groups, I'm in Marshall Forum and the Lotus Europa Yahoo group. Oh, and TUSCL!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I have a FB account that I would love to delete but I can't because there's too much info on FB that keeps me connected which is important for my line of work.

When I get together with a large group of friends I may post a few photos, that happens like twice a year at most. I do not friend anyone but will accept requests from people I know that aren't completely nuts.

I do enjoy seeing photos of friends families and lost friends I haven't seen in 10+ years.

Four positive things about Facebook is now I know who of my acquaintances are crazy, as well as which ones have major self esteem issues. On a more positive note it's nice when I travel if I know a friend is in that city and can meet up, without FB I may have not known that person was there. Wifey isn't on FB so I don't have to worry about old girlfriends friending me. That's god for the most part too, seeing all these girls that were insanely gorgeous back in high school and college, and most are fat and look miserable. Looks like I made the right choice, with the exception of one, damn she looks hotter now than she did in college, and she was on the A Team in college.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    hell no
  • rickthelion
    9 years ago
    I'm on catbook. We don't allow any apes on that site. This site is the way I share my wisdom with you damn dirty apes.

My best ape bud rickdugan told me about the site so I thought it would be a good place to read and understand your kind. I have to say that I'm disappointed. I figured you were the best and brightest apekind has to offer since rickdugan is such a genius. But most of you are just damn dirty apes.

But I persist for the insights and because some of you are good apes.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I've been on Facebook since 2008. I've never had much of a problem but I'm not as active on there like I used to be. The reason I created a Facebook was solely to keep in touch with my family since I was in the Navy stationed overseas in Japan and later in California. Since I left the Navy and moved back home to Georgia in 2013 I really haven't been using it as often. Mostly to keep in touch with a select few acquaintances and women in other states.

I'm not a picture person so I don't post pictures. The pictures of me that are on Facebook is, way more often than not, due to the fact that I am tagged in them by someone else on my Friends List. The exception was when I graduated from college as that was a very big achievement for me considering where I came from. I'm not afraid of having a dancer befriending me on Facebook since I am single. I just don't want them to know where I actually live.

I'm also on Tagged and Twitter because there are a lot of freaky girls from Georgia on those sites that give up the pussy for little or nothing.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    1] are you on any social media sites? yes but only a fake account with no personal info

2] do you broadcast your entire life onto the internet (what you had for lunch or when you last took a dump etc.) or how much do you post? -keep it general- no

3] do you use professional internet networking sites and are they of use - no

4] would you give a dancer your face book info? - we have a "lifestyle" FB acct with no personal info which we use for certain things

5] did you know once you have a face book site any information you put onto it becomes the property of face book. - yes

mrs sea has a real FB acct but she doesn't post a lot. pic a day or pic a week kind of thing. i have a fake FB account. It does have a pic or 2 of me on there but no personal info whatsoever. I think people post way too much stuff online. I could care less what you ate 5 minutes ago.
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    I have a FB account and use it often. I've actually gotten in trouble with a few things I've posted because quite a few are leftwing loonies. I use Linked In strictly for professional.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I'm on facebook, instagram, snapchat. 100% of my friends on those sites are strippers, ex-strippers, and bodyrub girls. In fact, the reason I got a facebook in the first place, is some years back, when a stripper I was absolutely crazy about, told me she wanted to friend me. I don't have any of my family or real friends on my fake facebook/instagram/snapchat, so no worries about cross contamination
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I'm not a Social Media guy, it's just so boring to me.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I'm on Facebook a lot, mostly just reposting stories and silly pictures. I do occasionally post personal life stories on there, but for the most part, that type of thing is not for mass consumption. I'm technically on Twitter, but I don't do anything with it.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    No. Personally I think they are mostly attention whores.
  • Jackmd
    9 years ago
    NO not one of them
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Hell no. The missus has an account that she uses constantly, so I leave it to her to her keep my extended family posted on what's happening with the kids, etc. I've seen enough glimpses of what she sees to know that i have neither the time nor the inclination to wade through all of that shit.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Facebook: hell no!
    Twitter: yes (oddly), to follow some politicians that I admire
    LinkedIn: yes, for professional reasons
    No other social media. The only discussion board that I post on with any regularity is this one.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    No on all but LinkedIn and I just started that recently when looking for work. Unless I'm unemployed I don't really see me using that either.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    The only social media I use are the forums on a couple of sites, if you call forums "social media."
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion