tuscl

Halloween topic: Do you like scary movies?

I have to say the first Paranormal Activity creeped me out. The first Alien movie also. When I was a kid there were lots of them

16 comments

• rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I've never been able to be scared at a movie since I was a kid. These days I'm FAR to cynical! But yes, I saw Alien when it came out and it made an impact! And not that it's scary in the classical sense but Silence Of The Lams was one of the most intense movies I ever saw. I found it frightening.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I don't like horror movies - no thanks to watching Jason, Chucky, Freddy, and Carrie.

I like zombie movies (recent favorite was World War Z)

I like science fiction - and sometimes Alien type movies may cross into horror a little.
  • rickthelion
    9 years ago
    If you're scared of a little movie you're really going to be scared when you look out of your window and see a lion wearing a suit with a vulture wearing a suit on his shoulder. The last thing you'll hear is a mighty ROAR! that kind of sounds like "wildebeest".
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    I find most comical

The one's I really can't watch is a really realistic demonic possession. That freaks me the fuck out

Love si fi
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    If I saw a lion outside my house with a suit on, I'd grab my car keys and take him to a strip club
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    If I saw a lion outside my house with a suit on I would shoot his ass
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Scary movies?
    You mean like "Showgirls"?
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    In general I don't like scary movies for two reasons: 1) Most of them suck, especially newer ones. Newer ones tend to have bad acting, lazy writing, and unoriginal plots. 2) They scare me! I live alone and could never watch a truly gritty scary movie by myself. For example, The Conjuring came out a few yrs ago and a couple girlfriends and I saw it in theaters even though I don't like scary movies, and I actually enjoyed it; not super original (what scary movie is these days?), buy decent direction and acting. I've watched it a few times since, with my mom and at home with friends. But I WILL not watch it alone!

Older horror films are better... This may be a poor example, because it's not very scary, but I LOVE Rosemary's Baby. I am watching it now. It was so obscure I had a bit of a panic attack watching it the first time, and only a truly captivating film could do that and have me still wanting tl watch every second.

I used to be a huge fan of the Saw movies (even though each one was worse than the last), but again, those are more psychological and gorey. I usually hate gorey films though, with the exception of Tarantino films but he isn't horror so that's getting way OT.
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    Scary movies? You mean like "Showgirls"?

Lol
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    "The one's I really can't watch is a really realistic demonic possession. That freaks me the fuck out"

Me too. After I saw "The Exorcist" sometime in the 70's I can't watch shit like that.

Slasher films are another story. Those don't scare me to death. I like an edge of the seat monster movie. It's the ghost story and demonic movies that scare the hell out of me.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    ^^^WWLD?
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I don't like scary movies, I don't want to be scared shitless.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    I don't like horror movies. It just seems like most people think if they make it gorier and bloodier it'll be better. I don't like gore and blood. Suspense is far scarier. I can't think of specific movies right now but I've seen movies where you don't even see the bad guy, evil entity, etc.... for a long time if ever. The not knowing is far scarier than anything.

Also, zombies. Zombie movies give me the willies. A mass of unthinking, unfeeling dead bodies that you can't reason with. A few at a time I can deal with but start sending in a swarm and my fight or flight kicks in. I just can't watch it.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I'm not into horror movies. I know it's not real and it doesn't scare me, I just never saw the point.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    I like movies like The Ring, where the creepy factor is thru the roof. Never found the blood & guts fests ala Jason & Freddy to be scary at all.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    We are all pussies lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion