tuscl

How Much Is Gas In Your Area?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Can't believe I can get low test for $2.09 after my 3 cent discount at several places locally. Also can't believe some morons are charging $2.39 in the same town.

I haven't paid attention to gas prices in years but now it's getting "cheap" again and it's caught my attention. I use supreme in all my personal cars but it's still a nice discount.

Is anyone paying under $2 and if so what state are you in?

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

For oil industry, next few weeks will be brutal

http://usat.ly/1PRLohN

29 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    $1.99/gal at my local Kroger fuel center without any fuel points. A suburb of Atlanta.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    2.06 before discounts.
  • Longball300
    9 years ago
    $1.99 on the west side of town; $2.39 10 miles away on the east side.... never understood that one.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    $1.87 for regular

My car is good on gas. Yesterday I filled the entire tank for $18
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    in Virginia
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    $1.92 to $1.39

To find the best deals on gas i use the Gas Buddy app
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I typo that

$1.92 to $2.39

To find the best deals on gas i use the Gas Buddy app
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    $2.80 average in San Diego. ..yay
  • azdd
    9 years ago
    $1.95 at Costco in Phoenix yesterday.
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    Low 2 dollar range, average maybe 2.15.
    While we're on the subject, WTf is with that .9 that they always add at the end of the price? I know it goes back to a time before I was born but you'd figure that after all these years that they would just add that extra tenth and just round it off to the next cent to the price.
    Or do the powers in the oil industry actually think that they're getting over on us making us think that it's a cent cheaper per gallon than it really is.

Regarding differences in pricing, during the summer there were 2 local stations a block away from each other that actually had a 30 cent difference in price. I was standing at the pump filling my car and could see people down the street pumping 30 cent more per gallon gas into their cars.

Anything over 2 bucks is too damn much!
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Fuck the oil companies.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Diesel runs me about $2.15. I had a faggot yesterday ask me why I didn't turn my engine off when filling up. Stated "because I'm not filling up with gas".

He had that stupid look and angrily said "the sign says turn off engine when dispensing gas!"

"No shit dumbfucker! This is diesel where the fumes don't catch fire like gas. This motor can run on hydraulic oil! Get an education and mind your own business faggot!" This was my response and he went to get the gas station manager, who came out and looked but stayed away from me, because the manager knew I was right. 40 gallons later my bill came to about $80 plus dollars. Won't need to fill up for a while dealing with stupid people again.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    $8.56 a gallon. Yes, really.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    We have both Cook County taxes and a high state tax. The cheapest by my house is $2.37 but if I cross into another county (only 3 miles for me) it was $2.19 last week.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    In Cook Cty it's $2.45.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    $1.71 with my Kroger discount in Cola SC.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    No wonder you guys spend so much at strip clubs.
  • ime
    9 years ago
    $1.99 when i just filled up.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Londonguy,why are fuel prices so high?Taxes?
  • 72_os
    9 years ago
    $1.90 is the lowest right now and the highest in the same town more in the tourist side it runs $2.30

That's Asheville, NC
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    @ tumblingdice. Yes, about 50 per cent. Bastards. Filling my tank costs $150 -160
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^hmm, guess that's how you guys pay for health care
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Gas is high all over Europe on purpose, to reduce emissions and traffic. Thailand does the same thing by having a 300% tax on new car sales.

America has always had a policy of cheap energy, and thus our gas prices are among the cheapest in the world (not counting Brunei where last I heard gas was 9 cents a gallon).
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    Just paid $1.99 in the Detroit suburbs.

First time in years I've paid below $2. Amazing.
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    Well it does fuck all to reduce traffic rockstar, I recently did a six mile journey in London, took 90 mins.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I paid 1.76 at a shell station yesterday. There is cheaper gas out there. I went to the expensive station since they have more additives. Replacing a clogged sensor on my car costs about $200.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    $1.799 here. Been below $2 since early summer I think. I love it. I just filled up the jeep this morning for $25.

9/10th's was added a long time ago because of taxes I think and it's stayed there for marketing purposes. No matter how many times I tell mrs sea $1.799 is actually $1.80 she still calls it $1.79 (or whatever price it shows) just like 9/10th's of all the people out there (see what I did there? that's funny, right?) Same reason something at the store is price $19.99 instead of a straight up $20.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I'm starting to take note, cheap gas is nice since when I'm sitting in my SUV at the chick fil et drive the I can actually watch the fucking gas gauge go down while idling.

I am hoping I see below $2 by the end of the year. Right now doesn't make sense though, usually Ohio and western PA are cheaper than me but this time they aren't? I'm confused!?!?

I feel for londonguy because I know what it's like over there. Traffic cameras giving you tickets and constant heavy traffic. I have a buddy who drives 6 miles each way to work everyday over there and on a good day those 6 miles take 40 minutes each way.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    londonguy: How long would trip have taken if gas were $2 US a gallon?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion