tuscl

OT : Rugby World Cup

londonguy
Breathe, breathe in the air
Will any of you guys be watching the matches featuring the U.S. ?

For those of you that don't know Rugby looks similar to American football (but is a lot different), but much tougher and they don't wear all that sissy padding and helmets :-)

England just beat Fiji 35 - 11, great game. I think USA team play tomorrow.

9 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I've never watched Rugby. Didn't even know it was televised here. In the early days of cable, ESPN would show Australian Rules Football. I had no idea what was going on
  • motorhead
    9 years ago

"I can tell you it's a magnificent sensation when the gap opens up like that and you just burst right through."

--Unknown Rugby Player
  • Eric_Murphy
    9 years ago
    Definitely not.
    Canada vs. Ireland tomorrow however.........
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    Wasn't even aware we had a team in the Rugby World Cup, or even that it was happening. All that's going on now is college football, pro football and the end of the baseball season, at least according to the talking heads on TV.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Q. What did the Englishman do when he discovered his wife was a hooker?
    A. Told her to quit playing rugby.
  • dallas702
    9 years ago
    I played in college, then for seven years semi-pro. Most of that time I stayed way outside the scrum as a wing 3/4. I still took a lot of damage, including knees (one is now artificial), shoulder (two surgeries), lots of torn ligaments, a couple of broken noses and uncounted dislocated fingers. It really does take leather balls to play Rugby. In spite of the injuries, it is hard to watch without wanting to be in the 15 on the pitch.

Mostly, I miss the Rugby parties with all the liquid nurishment, obscene songs and Rugger Huggers. There is just something truly life affirming about limping into a crowd of your erstwhile opponents, all sweaty, smelly, grass stained and muddy and be greeted by a beautiful young woman who hand you a beer (or ale, or stout) then snuggles in close! Come to think of it - maybe that's why I do strip clubs!!!
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    londonguy,

Last rugby I watched on TV, they did wear helmets.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    Saw something while watching one of the many football games on TV today that Japan beat South Africa. Shouldn't that be impossible?
  • londonguy
    9 years ago
    ^ That was an awesome result for Japan. The Springboks are one of the favourites to win. I watched it live, the ending was incredible.

You guys played Samoa today, sorry to say you lost 25-16.

Good for you Dalls702. Rugby, a real mans game !!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion