tuscl

Credit Cards

jayhawk123
Arizona
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:21 PM
I have read some on here I think where guys said they used their credit card at the strip club. Where I am from I have never seen this. Those of you who have been to MANY clubs is this just usually in large cities or what? Any clubs in Tampa take credit cards?

20 comments

• Meursault
    9 years ago
    Only deal in cash at the club (some clubs let you buy funny money with a credit card that is only good at the club, or pay for LD with a CC). Never bring more cash than your sober self thinks it is safe to spend. Don't trust a drunk guy surrounded by boobies to make financial decisions.
  • pyrolysis
    9 years ago
    Never pay with anything on a credit card at a strip club, period. One Tampa club was sued a few years back for charging over $10,000.00 om a customers card. Cash only. If you have to use a card, sign up for a SquareTrade account. If you have a SquareTrade account, you can charge amount on a credit card that will be sent directly to your bank account, essentially turning a credit transaction into cash at the expense of the 3.5% fee for using SquareTrade. It's much better than a cash advance on a credit card, and then there's no limit on how much money you can pull out or how many times you can do it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    A lot of custies use a credit card to open up a tab for drinking – but as others have said; many SCs are shady and many PLs have been over-billed in the hundreds or even thousands b/c they handed over their CC – too risky to use – avoid.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Never never ever use plastic at a strip club. Never. Take extra cash just in case you find a DS, but don't use plastic. Doesn't matter how nice or upscale the club is. Trust us.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Agree, it's just plain dumb. Even the most upscale clubs i know run game on guys who give them cards. You do it, you deserve what you get
  • minnow
    9 years ago
    I strive to avoid 2 things in a stripclub: 1) Using my credit card 2) Using ATM card for a cash withdraw. On the former, clubs often tack on a 10% or more fee when using credit card to pay for VIP rooms. For drink or dinner tabs, they'll often insist on taking your license and running a scan (or at least making a copy of it.) I put up with this just once many years ago. IMO, that's too much of a bullshit hassle just to save some cash burn. By contrast, I've had fine steak eateries and auto repair shops take my card for a solid 3 figure tab without batting an eyelash. With very few exceptions, stripclub ATM fees are steep, almost always north of $5, often around $10. I balked at paying 1 clubs $20 fee when a "kindly" bouncer steered me towards a nearby convenience store ATM.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Once you give your $$$ to a strip-club or stripper; pretty much impossible to get it back – giving them your CC is pretty much giving them your $$$ (or access to it). SCs are a dirty business and everyone is looking out to get their$.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    Never use a CC in a SC... and always keep a little spare cash in a 2nd location... in case you need a few bill to get home after a shady lady empties you wallet.
  • grinddawg
    9 years ago
    Common in Southern California. Some people charge their dances and pay off the bill later. A lot of the clubs take a thumb print to avoid any later disputes.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    I used my ATM card once as a newbie. 25% fee or some such foolishness. That was my first PL lesson: cash in the pocket, not in the bank.
  • Meursault
    9 years ago
    The problem is not just shady clubs, there is also the issue that once you are drunk on booze and stripper perfume you can easily over spend if you have a CC. I only bring a predetermined amount of cash to the club and leave the credit cards behind.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    I've used plastic at strip clubs before, and I've only had a couple of problems, largely from not being able to say no. But at one club, I used a debit card to start up a tab. They blocked out $500, if I remember right, and they took their sweet time releasing those funds. Really not cool or good, especially since it was rent time. My current bank refunds all ATM fees, so I'm not too worried about ATM fees and I don't have an SO, so I don't have to worry about that paper trail.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    I've never used a CC at a stripclub. Seems a rather unsavory idea to me. The minute I run out of cash, I'm gone.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Lopaw, that'd be the smart thing to do. I've never been known to do smart things though.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I use credit cards all the time for drinks in my favorite upscale Detroit clubs, and I have never had a problem. Well, I once had a problem of being charged twice for the same tab at the Flight Club, and they fixed it as soon as I notified them. Of course, these are clubs where I am known as a good customer. They would not want to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Using credit cards provides some protection. I have disputed charges a number of times (not strip club charges), and my credit card companies reversed the charges. That is something you can't do if you had paid cash. I only use cash to pay for dances.
  • Longball300
    9 years ago
    Agree with Rech; used the CC in a club dozens of times with no issues BUT for drinks and food only. Couple rules: Start the tab with a waitress or bartender that you know will be on shift the whole time you are there. Ask their name and give them a little cash tip ($5-10) BEFORE all the transactions start; that way they will pay attention to you / your group. If you are with a group introduce your buddies and tell said waitress who (if any) of them are allowed to order on the tab. Lastly as the night winds down close the tab a little early paying cash the rest of the way to avoid excess charges or a drunk buddy buying 10 shots of Patron for all the girls on shift........
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    It's the shady nature of strip clubs that stops me from handing my credit card over to a sketchy waitress or bartender. My challenge is staying away from the ATM when the cash runs out.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    For you guys who often use credit cards with no problems -- be honest, are you sure you'd know if a few drinks were added in here and there? I assume you're buying drinks, food, etc., you really remember and check over every single one on your bill, at the end of the night? You remember that you did the $6 house tequila for this many rounds, and the $12 Jameson for the other rounds? I ask because at a high-end club I go to, which you would think is totally above these types of shenanigans, I've heard they'll add in a few drinks or upcharge the price of rounds even for regulars. I don't like using credit cards at the strip club, period, but the rare times I have, I didn't start a tab, just did a separate charge per drink order. I buy way too many rounds to keep track.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It's not a guarantee one will get over-billed/ROBed when using a CC in a club – in many clubs ti's probably no issue at all although even if the club is on the up and up there can still be a douche dancer or waitress that will take it upon herself to pad the bill. Just like it's not guaranteed one will get ROBed by dancers even if they pay the dancer upfront; it's still probably better to be safe than sorry especially in unfamiliar clubs or clubs w/ a ROB reputation.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    I use credit but only at clubs where I know the help and the management. Cash for the dancing et al but credit for drinks and food. Hell I can use the airline miles, they do add up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion