tuscl

Sept Meetup in Detroit

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
It's time again to herd the cats. This is a reminder of the Sept meetup in Detroit. It will be on Saturday Sept 12 unless people who seriously plan to attend can't make it in which case the alternative date would be Sept 19. This is the last post about dates. After this, one of those two dates will be set.

We are planning to go to Penthouse. However, if any of the long predicted but never implemented changes to the VIP at Penthouse actually happen between now and then, Flight Club is a backup.

Please post or PM me if you plan to attend, and provide any strong date preference if you have one.

Also I'm planning to arrive in Detroit the day before and hit some clubs on the Friday night before the official meetup. So if anybody is interested in clubbing Friday aa well, let me know.

26 comments

• warhawks
    9 years ago

Sounds good.

How will the TUSCL patrons know each other from all the other PL's in the place?

Should we all wear white three piece suits?
    Or maybe we can distinguish who's who by high fiving the bouncer as we're led to our booth? :)
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Save a seat for Alucard.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ Yeah, "The Missing TUSCLER" formation......
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I will attend. Sept 12 is good for me.

JS69, please let us know what you look like. Any facial scars, tattoos or piercings?
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    I'll be the one with the cutest redhead in my lap.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Fuck me I am scheduled to be there the week before - Labor Day weekend - oh well close again...
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Shailynn, sorry but I wanted to avoid Labor Day weekend cause I figured there would be a lot of conflicts.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    If my band doesn't have a gig, I might drive over. So far it's an open date; but I don't book the gigs.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Hey! Anyone want to book us? I'm sure we'd do it for $500 which is cheap!
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^Was that a pun?........ Do you do requests?
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    We are a Cheap Trick tribute band, so if you don't like Cheap Trick we may not be for you.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    I already said I like them, thought it was funny you said you'd play for cheap...get it?
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    So, pass the hat and the whole band will show up for a TUSCL private concert! OL
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    JS69 it's all good - no worries - mrs shailynn informed me she will be gone Friday thru tues of Labor Day weekend so I will be somewhere getting in to trouble and it won't be in my basement fixing something that needs to be fixed!!!
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Hey Rockstar,"I want you to want me,I need you to need me",how much revenue can that generate?
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Hey Rocky,you could have been a "Rush"cover band and have that jackass Farmerart up your culo.
  • silkypants
    9 years ago
    I like the 19th better but I can make the 12th work. I only wanted to be in the office a couple of days that week anyways. Would it just be me and JohnSmith from out of town?
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Several others (I recall Papi and GoVikings I think) were considering it but haven't heard from them for sure one way or the other.
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    *sigh* And another meet-up I can't attend.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Last call for any comments on the date and specifcs of the meet up. After this it'll be written in stone.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    It's looking like a no-go for me.

Unfortunately I was in the hospital for 3 days this week – feeling a lot better but not back to 100'% yet and I imagine I'm gonna have some painful out of pocket costs for my stay.

Hope you guys have a good time and I'm sure the Detroit dancers will make up for any lack of TUSCLer attendance.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Ok we are on for Sept 12. I understand that at a past Detroit meet up there were many people who said they were coming but very few who actually did. This year I'm hoping we have the opposite situation. Only a few people have said they are coming, which hopefully means that lots will be there.

But at the very least I hope to meet some of the Detroit regulars and experience Detroit clubs before things might change for the worse. If the rest of you don't show that'll just mean less chance of my redhead giving me sloppy seconds.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Too bad RBD hasn't RSVP'd!!
  • silkypants
    9 years ago
    So I only count three people including myself. I spoke with one other person but that is only four.

JohnSmith69, Do I have a correct count?
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Damn, that's close enough that I *could* get there, but the next month is gonna be hell at work. Maybe, but don't count on it.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    i won't be able to make it either. just not a good time for me. sucks cause i was really looking forward to meeting more of y'all
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion