tuscl

Booze and pasties

chessmaster
Illinois
What all states have this law in effect? Most states or just some? Is it a regional thing?

17 comments

• ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Virginia, for one.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Louisville, but not Kentucky as a whole.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Lots of the shitty strip club states do. It's been a long time since I've been to a club in one of the states, but as I recall Virginia, Arkansas, and maybe Utah.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    Ohio. Enforcement varies.

I think what's more common is states/cities where topless clubs can serve alcohol and nude clubs cannot.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    There are places where pasties are required and there is no alcohol. For example Industrial Strip south of Chicago. Still a good club though cause lap dances are private, nude, and excellent.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    JS69, does IS still follow that routine where everybody's 3-song private dance set has to start together and the DJ calls out which number you're all on? That was so beyond weird.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Club Wax in Atlanta is the only bikini club in the area. By being bikini they can serve alcohol but the dancers do not have to buy the $300 adult entertainment license and pass a back ground check. My understanding is that thing are different if you go to VIP.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    In California they can't have full nudity and have alcohol.

So in San Francisco and San Mateo County they have topless and alcohol. But in Santa Clara County they have extra rules added to the alcohol licensing. So they can't even have topless if they have alcohol.

In some places pasties count as non-topless. But in other places, like Sunnyvale, they have much more detailed local ordinances which delineate exactly what tittie areas must be covered. Pasties would not do it, and even some of the vertical one piece bathing suits which I love so are no longer allowed.

I've read TUSCL for Utah and I think the furthest their clubs go to is pasties.

I think Nevada also does not allow nudity and alcohol, except for the Palamino / Club Lacey place where it is grandfathered in.

But I believe most states do not have such rules.

For myself I think no alcohol makes for a better environment and a better grade of dancer. But I know it is hard on the industry and it does mean for less clubs. The places with lots of clubs per capita, like Portland, Dallas, and Atlanta, don't have such alcohol rules. Also when there is no alcohol they usually have a high cover charge.

I believe you could probably find an online list somewhere, as many people are concerned with this issue.

SJG
    https://sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Nipples are supposed to be covered in Indianapolis. I don't know if that law applies to just the city or to all of Indiana. And, no, it really doesn't stop a lot of dancers.

Course, though, one time, at the strip club, I think I did swallow a Band-aid.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    It can varying within a state. A lot of the rule making is at the local (zoning) level.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Chandler haven't been to IS in 4-5 years so I'm not sure of the current practice. Never got extras there but the lap dances used to be as good or better than Follies.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    As far as I know, pasties are required by law in Indiana, but in my experience the vast majority of dancers don't wear them. I think all strip clubs in Indiana are topless, not nude or "bikini bars". In neighboring Illinois, where all three kinds of clubs exist, nude clubs in general can't serve alcohol, with notable exceptions such as Club O and Skybox in Harvey and Club 390 in Chicago Heights. I can't recall ever seeing pasties in Illinois.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    As others have mentioned; strip-club laws/ordinances are often at a city-level and clubs in adjoining cities can often operate differently and under different laws.

And has also been mentioned; many localities have long-standing ordinances that are not enforced or are enforced sporadically.

In South FL clubs are nude w/ alcohol – and nudity means full-nude on stage or w/ floor dances which are supposed to be non-contact – but 2-way contact LDs are only topless with the bottoms required.

Other parts of FL operate w/ different ordinances.
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    Many Ohio clubs are doing pasties after midnight on stage. The girls generally just keep their top on after midnight on stage so they can go without pasties in private dances. They know that we want to suck their tits and pasties are hard to pull off sometimes. Some clubs use a files colored latex which I prefer to patches if they are going to use anything.
  • jestrite50
    9 years ago
    Flesh colored ! Damn spell correct
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Yeah I see them in indiana and Ohio(at least club 76 in austintown) but wasn't sure if this stupid rule is by state or local area(zoning?). I think they are in Lincoln, Nebraska(one of those shitty strip club areas johnsmith refered to).
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Pasties are non-existent in the strip club paradise of Alberta.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion