tuscl

End 2AMers. Set minimum age for entry to 30.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Six months after Juliet's Gentlemen's Club agreed to operate under certain restrictions, which were imposed after multiple nearby shootings, the strip club's probation period is nearly over - without incident.

But neighborhood residents are still wary.

"It's still a dark spot in our neighborhood. We're still waiting for the next thing to happen. We're happy there hasn't been any shootings for a few months now, but to us it just seems like a matter of time," said Ryan Vellinga, a resident who has lived in the neighborhood for the past two years.

Since January, the club has operated under new rules: an age restriction of no one under 30, and no one admitted after midnight.

Club owner Juliet Wright agreed to the changes after four shootings outside the club in 2014, which brought a lot of pressure from the neighborhood watch group and law enforcement.

Neighbors say they do think the new policies helped limit some of the clientele, and in turn, curbed some of the trouble that first put Juliet's under scrutiny.

"From what I hear from the neighbors, they've quieted down. I haven't gotten the same complaints," said Sally Kohler, coordinator of the Greater Kahkwa Neighborhood Watch Group.

"Since they imposed the rules, I guess I would say there has been less incidences, at least from what we've heard," Vellinga said.

Attorney Vincent Nudi, speaking on behalf of owner, Wright, said they did find that regulations brought changes for the better.

"The rule changes have been positive and have helped make the neighborhood a better place. She (Wright) is very happy about that. It's minimized the amount of finger pointing, but there's no way around all the critics," Nudi said.

Juliet's does plan to to meet with the task force, which includes the Erie Police Department, the DA's office, and Liquor Control Enforcement before making any changes to the current rules.

But many neighbors still hope the business just will go away all together.

"I think everyone will be most pleased when it's gone completely," Kohler said. "We can't foretell the future. With a place like that, anything could happen," she said.

"We've got little kids here and don't want any part of that near us," Vellinga said. "If we had our wish, it would be gone," she said.

22 comments

• tobala
    9 years ago
    If one of my regular clubs didn't allow guys under 30 in, 95% of the bullshit would stop. I don't hate young mongers, but they always seem to be the loudmouth pimp/dealer wannabees who come in as a group and fuck the world up for the rest of us.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    There's a club in Louisville that would benefit from this rule as well. One of the reasons I don't go to that club after about 11 pm.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @tobala: It's the same in TUSCL; all the real trolls are obviously teenagers/young 20's.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    rockstar666 - What are you smoking? The biggest troll on here, juice, is 30ish.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Juice is that old? Maybe he's developmentally challenged?
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    I think Shadow and Rockstar give each other the ole PP handshake.
  • tobala
    9 years ago
    @rockstar- I tune out for a while when the board goes bad and day club as much as possible to avoid shit like that.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    rockstar - what do you mean maybe? :)
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    What about the angry guy? I picture him as a cranky old guy with no kids living on a fixed income in a studio apt. that hasn't gotten laid in two decades, not a 20-something! Sorry about the negativity, but that guy is seriously non-brilliant!

And I don't understand the issue with juice! (just_the_nuts, right?) He posts less than Dougster, JohnSmith69, mikeya02, crazyjoe, and many others! A higher proportion of his posts may be OT, but I don't see the issue! I assume he used to post more, before I started, but it seems like there is a weird juice mythology with some people loving the guy and others hating him! I don't get it!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^ the point is all though there may be older single guys like you mentioned above, those aren't the guys starting fights and shooting people in the parking lot. The only thing those guys do is bitch about the prices of everything from the drinks to the lap dances to the cover charges.

Most (not all) younger guys are a detriment to the club because they don't spend money and the cause issues. 30 May be a little too high in age but it's a moot topic anyway. The argument in most places would be "how come a dancer that is 21 can work there but a customer that is 21 can't enter the establishment. This is something ski bum could elaborate on.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    shailynn - agreed! The comment I made was in reference to trolls, not club troublemakers! ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    And I'm still not sure about the trolling issue! I just don't get the pro- and anti-juice mythology! Seems like a nice enough guy but he just hasn't posted that much since I joined! crazyjoe has his shit jokes just like I say "brilliant!" But that's just a joke! I think crazyjoe also posts interesting on topic stuff! The anti-Joe post with the racist language was clearly the post that was uncalled for! That was seriously non-brilliant! :(
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I would def prefer a club w/ no chumps under 30 but gotta be honest and say that would not be fair since the vast majority of 20-somethings although sometimes obnoxious they don't all/mostly start fights and shoot people.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I also think it would be better for all involved if SCs were confined to industrial areas away from populated neighborhoods.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    If the minimum entry age is 30, there would be no ranukam. We wouldn't want that would we.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    and no GoVikings
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    4got, Juice has a very long history. Some of it predates my involvement I think, so I won't try to explain. And frankly I think it's better if you don't try to figure it out. If you are ok with somebody then participate in their discussions. If you don't like them, ignore.

I do take issue with the notion that I post more than juice. My posts are longer, but he has 10 times the number of posts. He just has multiple aliases, as do others, so it might not always be as obvious.

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    It has always been Juice's goal to be the #1 member with the most reviews. He was on his way until he stepped on Founders toes and got Juicebox69 stopped. Since then he has probably posted under 30 different user names. All with the goal in mind to be #1.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    No disrespect JohnSmith69! Just commenting that you posted a lot, not that they aren't interesting! Keep up the brilliant work!
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "It has always been Juice's goal to be the #1 member with the most reviews. He was on his way until he stepped on Founders toes and got Juicebox69 stopped. Since then he has probably posted under 30 different user names. All with the goal in mind to be #1."

I guess he must post as more than just_the_nuts! Still don't get the mythology, but I see that there's a history and some clearly think he's brilliant and others think he's extremely non-brilliant! Very polarizing!

To each his own I suppose! :)
  • Eagle1191
    9 years ago
    If no one under 30 was allowed for most clubs then I would be leading the justified angry 20s crowd that follows the rules and spends money on the ladies to combat this nonsense.

There are not many where I am that would accept the "anyone under 30 not allowed" rule.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion