tuscl

Can we take more of a fact based Approach to Rating Clubs

StripShopper
No One Cares
Saturday, September 25, 2004 4:26 PM
This question is not only directed at the members but also Founder. I love this site and I use it regularly when I'm traveling. But the one thing that really bothers me is that different geographic regions can skew the ratings of clubs...meaning a club typically rated a "5" in one local area is rated a "9" by another region. <OR> Your Saturday afternoon Preacher who really thinks that an Air Dance at $60 is Fantastic. Can founder and the members of this site agree to rate clubs on a set of tangible critera. By giving a set of drop down boxes that really describe the club ( Example: Club Appearance: "Million dollar Decor" which would equal a 10, to "Roach Motel" equals a 1). Visit the Stripper Web and you'll understand. Ratings on this site are often really subjective and meaningless - The idea is to give the site some real teeth in it's rating process. And Yes I do understand that everyone has an opinion that is "subjective"...at least we would be able to rate an Orange by Orange standards and Apples by Apple standards.

17 comments

• FONDL
    20 years ago
    I've said this before but it bears repeating. Don't ever mention anything about illegal activities in a club. I made that mistake once in a review and was immedialtely contacted by LE. Never again. Keep it to yourself or you run the risk of getting involved in a legal action.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    If I even say anything about bbbj I would believe clubs would be raided left and right looking for anything suspicious even the highly dreaded exposed nipples. This has happened before. Yes I heard the police came into a club with flashlights and inspected the dancers nipples. Amazing what the taxpayers will pay the police for all in the line of duty.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    I don't really care whether someone had a good time or not, nor do I want to read about their experiences with different dancers. I just want to know enough about the place so Ican decide whether it would be a club that I might like to visit.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    Gentlemen, no disrespect, but my God. these are titty bars we are talking about. not nuclear physics or rocket science. Categories and formulas are too complicated. a club rating should be based on your gut reaction. if a highly rated club sucked for you, say so. if a local dive was a 10 when you visited, rate it a ten and give a concise summary of why you did. all these ratings systems make reviewing clubs more like math class. and i don't know about you guys, but i never liked math class near as much as i like titty bars.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    If reviewing a small club, then I look for some special reason to give it a 10. Is the price especially good? Dancers especially hot? Music quiet? Friendly? Mileage exceptional? Potential?--I still remember Cherries on W. Dixie. I wasted years when I could have been enjoying fantastic dances from perfect dancers AND the old prostitute that was running the show knew EXACTLY what I was looking for. Her eye was unbelieveable and it fun shooting the breeze with her. The problem with Cherries is that it was really hit the jackpot or miss completely. Based on my experience there it was definitely a 10, but come in on a miss and the experience ranks a lowly 1.
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    How about a simpler list, like - (1) friendliness/atmosphere (2) the ladies (3) price/value (4) mileage (5) location/physical plant When I rate a club, I start with a 10 and subtract for everything I don't like. And since i've never been to a place where there wasn't something I didn't like, I've never given a 10. But it is hard to compare different types of clubs such as neighborhood bar vs. gentlemen's club.
  • StripShopper
    20 years ago
    For Me: (in order of Preference) 1-Mileage 2-Girl Quality 3-Dance Price 4-Decor 5-Drink Price 6-Cover Charge 7-Club Atmosphere 8-Privacy 9-Annoying Waitresses - Buy Girl a Drink? 10- Music I think if I could fing a club that rated an 8 or above in all 10 of these categories....I'd never go home.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Potential Music Volume Dance Prices Mileage Drink Prices Cover Charge Specials Nudity Day Shift Type of Music Number of Girls per SF Quality of Girls seems like it should some explanation--perhaps. Fit Normal Fat Young Middle Age Old Small Perky Medium Large Real Fake Private Rooms Parking Layout Decor Would you compare a bikini club to a nude club? If NO, then would you compare a $5 lap dance hole in the wall to a gentlemens club where you can easily spend hundreds of dollars? I like the idea of different categories, but I think it should be left up to the individual rater to decide if these "details" or categories change the overall ranking.
  • StripShopper
    20 years ago
    Officer is on the track that I'm talking about...but with a twist, You only add reviews in the Catagories that you are interested in rating....at the end...the average of all numbers gives the final score. With a breakdown of your ratings as a summary. If you like only mileage...review only mileage....if you like it quiet....review sound level or club atmosphere. ETC ETC. AT least this way we get a more informative rating system. NOT JUST A DRUNKEN NEWBIE RATING. OR a club owner/associate fluff rating. The real question is - what are the main catagories that need to be rated that reflects the majority of Club member views and preferences.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I recently gave a club a rating of 10 and I disliked it. The only thing I liked was the price and I met some old stripper friends. But, I *see* all these happy customers and dancers and I'm going to sh*t on it just because it doesn't meet my standards? No, I think most guys and many a dancer would like to check this club out based on all the action I saw. And, that is why I gave it such a high rating. I sure as hell don't want to go back unless it's to see if the day shift is completely different. In my book there are so many reasons to give a club a high rating . . . btw, I also see nothing wrong with every single student in a particular classroom getting an A+ and I ain't talking 'bout grade inflation. Honest good work for an honest good grade.
  • Officer
    20 years ago
    When I write my reviews, I break down each aspect of the club and rate it on a scale of 1-10. For example, cover charge, number of girls, quality of girls, drink cost, etc. are all rated on a scale of 1-10. For example, a club that charges $40 to get in will receive a 1 while a club with free cover will receive a 10. I think my rating system is good because it allows the factors that determined my final rating to be evaluated. What do you think about my rating system?
  • Officer
    20 years ago
    I list my ratings at the summary at the very bottom of my reviews.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    Hi Officer, I like the way you have separate categories. I wouldn't want to reduce a club's overall ranking just because parking was a pain or because it doesn't serve alcohol or because the dancers don't show "pink" or because the girls were ugly on 1 particular night or etc. It is just too difficult to find the type of club I like to be concerned about those details. I'm looking price, mileage, and quiet. Heck, just to have a peaceful club experience where my ears aren't ringing for days is alone worth near a 10. Add price and that's the ballgame. I'll wait for the sexy girls for months if necessary and they will come. :) I'll wait for the mileage as well, but that's really not a problem in the cheap clubs if anything you need to slow the dancers down a little. :) Also, I think the vast majority of raters would benefit greatly from your format. Of course, I'm that rare bird that does better free form. :) Just my 2 cents.
  • ShotDisc
    20 years ago
    congrats on a great idea. too bad it will never work. too many variables. i will never give a big showbar/features club a 10 unless i get laid there. but the local watering hole who has half a dozen, older, pretty girls who are fun and who offer high mileage will always get a top rating. in my opinion, young hard bodies are severly overrated. give me a 30-35 yr old with a good body, great personality and willingness to have some fun, and i will be there all night
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Even among people who go to many different clubs in different parts of the country, we're never going to agree on ratings because we all like different things. For example, for me there's the girls vs. place conflict. I remember once going into a club that was a total dump, one of the worst places I've ever been. But almost immediately I met a girl who I really liked and had a great time. How do you rate that? Probably the only way ratings could be made more fact-based would be to list a number of different criteria and rate the place according to each, but that sounds like more trouble than it's worth to me. We'd never agree on what are the most important criteria. And even if we agreed, like the quality of the girls for example, we'd still give very different ratings to the same place. Some people (like me) like young girl-next-door party-girl amatuer types, others prefer the seasoned pro plastic barbie-dolls, still others like older over-the-hill extras girls. The only thing I use ratings for is deciding which reviews to read.
  • Kyle1111
    20 years ago
    I tend to think ratings favor the expensive mega clubs. :( As far as I'm concerned the club could have rats and roaches roaming, and really rate a 10. The key is PLM. Price, Looks, Mileage. Noise is also extremely important to me, but I'd hate to lower a club rating when I see hundreds of happy customers. Perhaps I should add REAL STRIPPER FRIENDSHIP. At this one club I'd feel bad giving anything but a 10 because of my buddy so I'd put in a disclaimer. If a club is quiet, then I'm tempted to give it a 10. The first club I ever went to had NO music. :) There was a single almost 300 pound dancer who was way past 60 and yet I was going to this club almost every night. The bartender was shocked I wouldn't even give her a $1 until I explained it wasn't the money I was just afraid she'd become friendly if I gave her any money. Thereafter she refuse to dance unless there was a paying customer. :) I was their No. 1 customer. :) Business improved so much after me that the old ninety plus year old comatose man who'd they fetch from the alley (to create the appearance of customers) was left there . . . that was so sad because it broke a budding tradition. Finally, the club added music with my reluctant approval. The damn new dancers claimed they needed something to dance to . . . ah, the good old days . . .
  • DandyDan
    20 years ago
    As for the 5 vs. 9 bit, you have to remember that there are people who probably have never left their region to know what to compare it to. If all the clubs in your area offer only air dances, you might not have a clue that clubs where they offer full grind lap dances [view link] also have to remember there are people who probably haven't been to many strip clubs making ratings. It's interesting when people of different experience levels go together to a club. I went with one of my coworkers to a club. He recently turned 21 and had never been to a strip club, while I have been going for several years. While I thought the club we went to, which I have been to at least 30 times over the years, was fairly typical of it, he thought it was wild and fun. If he knew Tuscl existed and wrote a review, he'd be giving it a 10, while I would give it a 6 at best. The drop box idea sounds nice, but it doesn't necessarily lead to telling anyone anything. If you have a club which has all the bells and whistles, but the dancers are 300 pound whales, all the decor isn't going to save the place. Plus you got to remember ratings are generally based on one visit to a club, rather than several. If a club has 300 pound whales one night and drop dead gorgeous hotties the next, and you show up the night the whales are there, you aren't going to rate it highly. It could be a great club, but you would leave thinking they only hire 300 pound whales. That's probably an absurd example, but that's a good reason why the rating clubs get is an average.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion