tuscl

Out-of-place feeling at new clubs

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:33 PM
I consider myself a strip club veteran, and have been to clubs hundreds of times, but it's still a strange feeling to walk into a club that you've never been to before. Almost like you're invading someone else's territory. I always take a seat at the bar, nurse a beer, and am nearly always hyper-vigilant for some reason. After I get that first dance I begin to feel more comfortable. Anyone else get that subtly anxious feeling when visiting a new club?

20 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I think that is normal – for me has more to do w/ unfamiliarity than anything else. As an analogy – if I'm familiar w/ a mall and know where I want to go in that mall; I just walk in and go – if it's a mall I'm unfamiliar w/ I'll probably look around taking it in a bit first. The SC had the added variable that it is a place where people interact – probably the same as going to a bar.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    I like that edgy, uncertain feeling. Like my youthful adventures in shoplifting. As long as things turn out well and I'm not collared by store security.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Sure when I'm in a new city and haven't been to any clubs in a while. Takes a few minutes to get the mindset back. (Maybe if I studied RickyBoy's The System more religiously this would be a non-issue.)
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Ironyfox,just walk in like you belong there.Nobody there knows you use a catheter.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    If for some reason I walk in and feel out of place, I'm inclined to walk out when my first drink is done. If I finish my drink and I still feel out of place, then I go. Of course, by that point, a dancer will most likely have come up to me to ask about a dance.
  • rickdugan
    9 years ago
    Honestly I can't say that I share that feeling. For whatever reason, I'm pretty darned comfortable in most strip clubs. The only exceptions are when I walk in to find that I'm the only white guy or in those places where a tourist trap hustle immediately commences. Otherwise I just sit at the bar, get my drink on and let the ladies give me the lay of the land. If I don't feel comfortable for any reason, I turn down service offerings until I get a better handle on the vibe in the place.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I remember the time I felt most uncomfortable. I was living in a Chicago suburb, and on my drive home I would pass a seedy bar that advertised "Girls! Girls! Girls!" I decided to stop one evening, and walked in wearing my suit and tie. The place turned out to be a biker bar with a lot of scary-looking dudes. There were a couple cute dancers, but they appeared to be biker girlfriends. I drank down a beer and quickly left. At least it wasn't a Waco incident.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Pretty much the same anytime you visit anywhere new. Even at a new restaurant or wherever, I proceed cautiously. One never knows these days. However, I wouldn't say I feel "Out-of-place". jack, Not all bikers are Wacolike (new word). Actually, those guys are a small percentage.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    One night I was partying with my ex wife and her girl friend(3 some in progress) and we ran out of booze. So I made a run. It was late and the stores were closed so I stopped at a beer bar to pick up a couple of 6 packs to go. I went straight to the bar and the first thing the bar tenders says is "Are you sure you are in the right place?" I looked around and realized that I was in a gay bar and yes, I really felt out of place. Got my beer and got the fuck outta there.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    He'll yeah I feel uncomfortable at first. I always am uncomfortable when I first arrive at my regular club, too. More so in regards to the other patrons and bouncer staff. U never know how unstable people are at a club, which is why I strictly go during the early afternoon to reduce likelihood of hood rats being around.
  • Estafador
    9 years ago
    Yeah usually because I dont know the quality, i don't know if I'll get any good looking chicks and who's a rip off and who's not. Plus the new guy never gets the "quality" treatment that the regulars get (not whale regulars i mean)
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Dancers keep distracting me hopefully before I feel too out of place in a new bar. I am a bit on guard though. I hope there is enough security in and out of the club to stop robbers, thieves, and vandals. If I don't even feel safe parking my car in the lot, I may just skip the club. If there are a whole lot of dancers, I want to sit somewhere to take in the view. That part is normal though. Then I will have questions about drink prices, dances, and the rules. I remember in one club, a bouncer threatened to kick me out because I leaned over the edge of the stage a little bit. He told me this after I had moved to the back of the club. I didn't even remember doing it. I thought he was being more of an a..hole but I thought if the bouncers are like that, don't get too close.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    When I go to a club for the first time I never know how the girls will react to me. Fortunately I am such a stripclub 'ho that even when I go to a new club there will usually be at least 1 or 2 girls that I have already met somewhere else, so I feel right at home.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Walked into a bar with a friend in SW Ohio on a Sunday. Only 3.2 beer on Sundays in those days. As we walked in the bartender says, "You boys can't be in here with your shirt tails out. Looking around, there were guys without even a shirt on! This place would do a down south redneck bar proud. So we quietly tucked them in, had a beer, and quietly got the hell out of Dodge! sc, A friend of mine made that mistake years ago. When it takes a few minutes for the eyes to adjust, it can happen easy enough.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    lopaw, You got me thinking and I don't ever recall a single woman entering a SC I was in. I did see a couple walk in at one club and I knew the woman. I kept quite, but then she came over to talk.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    I fucked a single woman whom I randomly met at a strip club years ago. She was crazy of course, and figured there were plenty of horney guys to find at a strip club, however she was on her period and we had to use other inputs, so maybe that's why she was so cranky. Still it was her idea to go back to her place. Only in my younger days.....
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    Clubber, To date I have met only one other solo gal who clubbed strictly at topless joints since she liked to get her drink on. I would run into her occasionally on those rare times that I visited a topless joint. Gals like us are very few and far between, that's for sure.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I've seen lesbian couples and Bachelorette parties, but no single ladies. I have seen ladies accompanied by an awkward male friend, where it was obviously a trip for her benefit, and he was just her security.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    lopaw, [view link] You ever hook up with her?
  • farmerart
    9 years ago
    Walk into the club with a swagger. Act like you own the joint.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion