tuscl

this is how it is done: Twin Peaks 2 AMer - Waco Texas Style

Sunday, May 17, 2015 4:54 PM
[view link] Nine dead in biker gang shooting at Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco, Texas Associated Press in Waco, Texas Sunday 17 May 2015 18.40 EDTLast modified on Sunday 17 May 2015 19.33 EDT Nine people were killed on Sunday and some others injured after a shootout erupted among rival biker gangs at a Central Texas restaurant, sending patrons and bystanders fleeing for safety, a police spokesman said. The violence erupted shortly after noon at a busy Waco marketplace along Interstate 35 that draws a large lunchtime crowd. Waco police Sergeant W Patrick Swanton said eight people died at the scene of the shooting at a Twin Peaks restaurant and another person died at a hospital. It was not immediately clear if bystanders were among the dead, although a local TV station, KCEN-TV, reported that all of the fatalities were bikers and police confirmed that no officers had been injured or killed. Another local station, KXXV, reported that police had recovered firearms, knives, bats and chains from the scene. Restaurant employees locked themselves in freezers after hearing the shots, the station said. How many injuries had occurred and the severity of those injuries was not known. “There are still bodies on the scene of the parking lot at Twin Peaks,” Swanton said. “There are bodies that are scattered throughout the parking lot of the next adjoining business.” A photograph from the scene showed dozens of motorcycles parked in a lot. Among the bikes, at least three people wearing what looked like biker jackets were on the ground, two on their backs and one face down. Police were standing a few feet away in a group. Several other people also wearing biker jackets were standing or sitting nearby. Swanton said police were aware in advance that at least three rival gangs would be gathering at the restaurant and at least 12 Waco officers in addition to state troopers were at the restaurant when the fight began. When the shooting began in the restaurant and then continued outside, armed bikers were shot by officers, Swanton said, explaining that the actions of law enforcement prevented further deaths. It was not known what triggered the violence but Swanton and McLennan County district attorney Abel Reyna said tensions had simmered among rival gangs for months. “Apparently the management [of Twin Peaks] wanted them here and so we didn’t have any say-so on whether they could be here or not,” Swanton said. Attempts to contact Twin Peaks for comment were not immediately successful. The fight inside the restaurant began when punches were thrown and quickly escalated to include chains and knives before firearms were drawn, Swanton said.

26 comments

• just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    God bless America
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Sounds like Sons of Anarchy vs Mayans vs One-niners
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    Guns don't kill people. I read it on the internet. It must be true.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    Awesome. Free advertising for twin peaks restaurant.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Twin Peaks is a sexually suggestive restaurant, which obviously causes violence.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Hello NRA This is what happens when everyone owns guns, more people get shot, not less. Thank you
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Clearly a case of police brutality!
  • DoctorPhil
    9 years ago
    @motorhead. +1 racist pigs. no justice, no peace
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    i bet this wouldn't if happened at the Golden Corral
  • ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    @shailynn -- ^5 on Golden Corral
  • nickifree
    9 years ago
    Tells you how bad strip clubs must be in Waco.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Crazy
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    The Bandidos MC and their allied gangs (Los Pirados, Leathernecks, Veterans) were fighting the Cossacks MC and their ally Scimitars MC.
  • eyeamlong
    9 years ago
    I've seen the word Thug, thrown around a lot on this site... Webster, definition of a thug..( A violent criminal.. also gangbanger) It's strange, not once has the regular commentators, on this site, call these guys THUGS
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Lol!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    "Rival biker gangs -- the Bandidos and the Cossacks, according to law enforcement sources -- met for some type of recruiting at the Waco Twin Peaks location." -- A recruiting meeting for Thugs. So.....its kind of like the NFL Combine Whew. Glad we got that out of the way.
  • Jackmd
    9 years ago
    Won't it be funny when we find that all nine dead were shot by police.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    This is more accurately a nooner than a 2amer. It also mentioned employees locking themselves in the freezer. One wonders how hard their nipples got.
  • occurious
    9 years ago
    Did anyone see the press conference the Waco PD chief gave? I have to say if more elected officials were as honest as he we'd have a lot less problems. He basically said they got what they asked for and that includes the restaurant management.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    Sharks and the Jets?
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    This could have all been avoided if the girls at Twin Peaks would have just shown them their tits. It works for us here on TUSCL.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Good news for defense attorneys in Waco. Charges files against 192 persons.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I loved the one photo shown on the Internet. Two things struck me: 1. All the gray haired guys with beer bellies made me think it was a TUSCL convention 2. The Cossacks were just sitting around afterwards guarded by the police and a couple of the guys were just non-chalantly texting and looking at their phones. Not a care in the world. Just another day.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    What was it?....9 dead, 18 wounded,..all bikers. Not one bystander or police officer. Police +10
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    That was stupid to allow different bike gangs to convene in a public establishment. I once saw a biker gang that was hanging out @ Tootsies in the back sportsbar while the Dolphins game was on – they mostly kept to themselves but they looked like a bunch of antisocial misfits (not that one should judge based on looks but …). At least one has to give them credit – they (bikers) did not shoot any innocent civilians nor police officers – can't often say the same thing about other societal thugs. And yeah – I wonder how many of the killed/shot were b/c of the police.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    One of the local clubs in my area is supposed to be a local biker gang hangout. It's possibly the worst club still standing here in the Omaha area, which is saying something.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion