tuscl

western union

Monday, May 11, 2015 12:42 PM
Got a text today from my CF saying she I should come in today to see her. when I told her I couldn't make it in today she said it was too bad and she would have given me a pretty good discount on a VIP session. I told her I wish I could but I just wasn't able to come in but that I might be able to in a few days. She said that she needed to come up with her rent money (the reason she was gonna give me a discount) and that if I could have her the money today she would wouldn't charge me for the VIP session in a couple days and I would only have to pay the house fee. She even said she would double the VIP time s it really would be a pretty good deal for me. I told her that I would have no way to get the money to get today, and then she suggested Western Union. I know a lot of strippers are unreliable, but I have been very lucky and not gotten burned by one yet. It might be the club I go to but none of them have screwed me over, even the ones that asked for payment upfront. I have no reason to doubt that this dancer would not fulfil her promise. I think I'd be ok giving her the money up front but I am uncomfortable wiring it to her. So far the only thing she knows about me is my first name and my burner phone phone number. She obviously would have t give me her real name so she also would be putting herself at risk. For some reason I'm just hesitant to have to give out my name and have her payment linked to my bank account. I just don't like the idea of anything possibly getting traced back to me. I've never used Western Union before. Does this sound risky?

34 comments

• ididthisonce
    9 years ago
    IMHO Western Union collects too much personal data and you do stand a risk on any prepayment.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I've never liked the idea of wiring money.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    Does it sound risky? Yes. And I speak from experience. I did this once. I never heard from the girl again. It was a ton of money, but taught me a valuable lesson. Not saying that will be your experience, it was just mine with a similar situation (In my opinion, I think the girl I sent money to needed the money for drugs).
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Ok, I'm going to let it be known that I'm a huge PL, because I've does this before. But my situation is different. I've known my ATF for almost 10 years. I know her name and address. I've been to her home. She knows mine It's always been perfectly safe. But there are different methods of sending money Western Union. I would not likely use the direct bank deposit method. I use the old fashioned method where I pay cash and she picks up the cash at a store. It's less convenient but totally safe. No bank account information is exchanged.
  • footballguy
    9 years ago
    I know there's a chance that if I sent her the money I may never hear from her again, but Id be pissed but it wouldn't kill me to lose the money cause it's not a huge amount. I would do the western union cash option but I'm assuming I have to provide my full name and she would have to know my full name in order to pick it up. I'm just not comfortable with giving out my full name.
  • metaldude
    9 years ago
    My guess would be there's a 70% chance you'll never see her again, That being said if you are determined to give her the money, maybe she could meet you somewhere before she goes in for her shift instead of hassling with WU.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Unless you totally trust anyone, you should never send them money for anything. My ATF lived 240 miles away and I sent her personal checks a few times when I couldn't be there.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Use Google Wallet. Or any other money transfer App. Safe on both sides and she only sees your email address. Western Union, dear god we are way past the stone ages.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    You're right GACA. Western Union was a hit from the 60"s.... [view link]
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I see tons of downside and almost no upside.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    My DS and I know pretty much everything about one another, and I trust her, so I would have no hesitation to do this or anything else to help her out. But I've never met another dancer that I would do this with. No other dancer has ever even known my last name.
  • footballguy
    9 years ago
    My main concern is having to give out my last name. But it looks while I have to give my name to western union, the receiver o let had to know the confirmation number, so she wouldn't know my name. I'm still nervous about this being tied to my name. If she were to get in some kind of legal trouble could this get traced back to me?
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    If you're tempted to do it in order to take advantage of her offer of a discount on a VIP, don't be. Slim chance that would work out the way she promises AFTER she's paid her rent (or her dealer, whatever).
  • Bid
    9 years ago
    Only you know the trust factor you have with your CF but it sounds risky. Rent is usually due at the end of the month not in the middle of it. There are plenty of other ways to get money to someone via other apps as mentioned. I'd wait and stick to the I can be there in a few days ... And if you come through she should treat you just as good in a few days.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I'm with Motorhead. In the rare event that I do use Western Union, it is always by way of cash rather than bank account. That being said, I made the mistake of wiring one of my favorite's money at one time just to test her word that she would make it up to me (she didn't). Of course I stopped seeing her.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    First is the risk of her absconding with the money. Of course, this sounds like, what, $100 or so? Not a huge risk, especially if you like and trust her. Next is the risk of sending it to her. I've had relationships with two strippers where I would send her money before we met, or sometimes, pay her afterwards. I always used the same method: she would send me a text message with a photo of one of her checks on it. I would go to the local branch of whatever her bank was, and deposit CASH into her checking account, using the account # on her check. The risk here is 100% hers -- you now know her real name. I'm doing her the favor, I would never put my personal info at risk. So far, this has always worked out well for me, the girls have never fucked me over, and I've never fucked them over.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It's highly unlikely if she got in legal trouble you'd end up in trouble for sending her a hundred or a couple hundred bucks. She's not a terrorist or a mafia money launderer. She's either got to pay bills, or she needs drugs. Giving someone cash which they then use to buy drugs is not a crime. Otherwise there'd be plenty of grannies in jail!
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    I'm pretty sure I won the Western Union customer of the year award for 3 consecutive years. I've sent 10's of thousands to my ATF and occasionally I get that which was promised. Other times I don't, but I'm keeping a ledger and I'll collect anything missed along the way.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    1) Do you and her live in the same city or county; can't you just meet her somewhere for a few minutes (store parking lot; starbucks; etc) and hand her the $$$? 2) You may be setting a precedent – if you don't mind handing her $$$ for emergencies on a regular basis; then no problem – but more often than not this often leads to “my cell phone is going to get cutoff”; “my lights got cutoff and I need $$$ to get them on again”; “I need life-saving surgery …” - and worse yet is that they often start lying and making up things/“emergencies” whenever they want/need $$$ - pretty soon the relationship may turn into one where she periodically asks you to wire her $$$ w/o her putting out and her promising to get with you but making excuses why she can't – a possibility; not saying this is absolutely the way it will go
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    If my ATF asked this of me I'd do it because I know her, but even my other regulars NFW if I actually expected the money or services back. This is stripper shit at its finest. You might get brownie points for helping her, but kiss the money goodbye in your heart.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Good idea from subra, assuming that she has a bank account.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Thanks, and just in case it got lost there: Don't send Western Union! If she texts you a photograph of a voided check, you can use the bank account number printed on it to just deposit money in her account (but you can't take money out of her account, so she's safe there). It's far more convenient for you, far more anonymous for you, although she will have to give up here real name -- appropriate that she be taking some risk, since you're giving her money before she's delivered anything.
  • footballguy
    9 years ago
    Hey guys, thanks for all the advice. I thought I'd give you an update: So I decided I was going to try to send her the money through western union. I knew there was a cancel I could get burned, but I also knew the potential payoff was worth the risk. I know she's a stripper, but I haven't experienced any SS with her yet. I also don't think she wanted the money for drugs, she has a 3 year old kid and she doesn't even drink at the club. She does live a couple towns over from me but I wasn't in the area so meeting her somewhere to give cash wasn't an option. She gave me her name/address so I could send it to her through western union. After some debate and me questioning her on how I knew I could trust her, I decided to do it. I wasn't able to go to a location, so I tried online. I submitted the payment and it was supposed to go through in ten minutes. I got a message that said it was pending and they would contact me if they needed anything further. I texted the CF and told her it should be ready in a few minutes. For some reason, the transaction was stuck as pending all night. I don't know why but she wasn't able to get the money. I also wasn't able to call to get it all figured out (my phone was dying). She texted me a couple times asking me the status before she said she was giving up. I said If she still needed the money I could try to cancel it and redo it but she said she was able to get an extension from her landlord for a couple more days. She said she really appreciated me trying to help her and that she would send me some pics later (she already had sent me some a few weeks ago).
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    She called another PL and got cash, so you're off the hook. Hopefully your effort will get rewarded.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    @footballguy: Just FYI, the credit card you use to send money online has to have a cash advance balance available in at least the amount you want to send. If it doesn't, you'll get that "pending" message, and it will never go away. :) Had that problem when I tried to send some money to my daughter on vacation. Buy Subraman's solution is the better one if there is a branch of her bank local to you.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Classic internet. Guy asks advice. Get good advice. Doesn't follow it.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    ^^^Lol true
  • Lone_Wolf
    9 years ago
    Good topic. A few thoughts - 1. I dislike WU for all the reasons stated. I only use it as a last resort and am surprised the business is an on-going entity. 2. Stripping is a cash business. Whenever I get a request like this from a honey, I always wonder why they don't just work double shifts for a couple of days and get the needed cash. Also, the perception is stripping pays well but the baby-dolls always seem to be short of cash. A lot of them anyway. 3. I've done favors like this for my favorites and still do. I can't recall getting burned too badly but it does come with the territory. In my experience, doing favors such as this does little to curry much favor with the dancers.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @Lone: As for #2, why work a couple days when they can get some PL to give them cash with just a phone call?
  • footballguy
    9 years ago
    I'm definitely not doing it now. She texted me this morning saying she talked to her landlord again and if she came up with the money plus and additional $25 by this afternoon she could pay that (instead of the additional $100 late fee on Thursday). I decided to try one more time. Same thing happened, the transaction was put on hold. I called WU this time and they just had to ask me a few questions. They asked what my relationship was with her, what the reason was, whether I was buying anything from her, whether she owned a business, and whether my email address was new or old. I told them she was a friend and I was just giving her a little money and she did t own a business. Then they said something like "well our records show that several different people have sent her money in the past, just wanted to make you aware of that". Well that was enough to scare me off so I hung up and immediately cancelled it. Im honestly wasn't so much worried about her not fulfilling her promise but I just got nervous since other people have sent her money, I don't know how they could tell all that just from her name and state though. But I just got nervous and I'm not sure if LE gets suspicious of people that receive a lot of transfers and investigate both parties but I don't want to find out. Like someone said, odds are she got some other PL to get her the money, but she claims she hasn't made mug money since I was in last week.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @footballguy: So you seriously thought she never asked any other customer for money, and this would be a one time thing? You should consider yourself lucky for a cheap lesson. Some girls have several guys giving them thousands and they all think it's just them. I'm sure she's a wonderful girl and if you want to give her money that's fine. Just have your eyes open that this is part of her business model.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    This all just sounds like regular ole stripper drama - if you are ok w/ jumping thru all these hoops and living the drama; then no problem – o/w you are better off setting some boundaries that you see her and talk with her when you want to since you are the customer and the one paying. Most Walmart money centers have Western Union services or a similar wire-cash service were you can show up and pay w/ cash and avoid a CC or checking account paper trail.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Epic Poop Prank: [view link]
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    I had a stripper once ask me to send her money through Walmart. I had no clue what she was talking about. Apparently Walmart has their own wiring service called Walmart2Walmart. You send money out of one Walmart and the receiver can pick up the money at another Walmart. Walmart also has Moneygram for international transfers. I never sent the money as her excuse sounded like bullshit. She said her check from work was coming a day late. Yeah, right. I never heard of strippers getting paychecks from their club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion