tuscl

Sitting At A Table Vs. The Bar

rockstar666
Illinois
When my favorite barmaid is tending bar, that's where I sit. I've known her at least 15 years and we get along great (she's in her 50's and not available for dances). But when I'm at the bar watching the stage and she's busy or chatting up someone else, very few dancers come up to me, even when the place is slow. They'll come to their regulars or people they know at the bar, but girls who don't know me seem to stay away. At least that's how it looks to me.

When I sit at a table, especially when my regulars aren't there, most of the girls will introduce themselves. So I'm confident it's not me sending out some uncomfortable vibe. A few weeks ago I was available and had ample cash, sitting at the bar, and this goddess I danced with once a while ago walked by me several times. I doubt she would have remembered me, so I made eye contact but she kept walking. I could have said 'hello' myself but I was annoyed so I didn't. This got me wondering, do dancers think guys at the bar aren't in the club to buy dances? Any of our resident dancers want to comment? Any of you PL's see less action sitting at the bar? What would Ricky say about this?

21 comments

• GACA
    9 years ago
    I think RDB said to sit at the bar, but I disagree with that. Just like you said, I get approached less, and even worse, it's harder to track down a dancer at the bar. I honestly think the bar signals "no dances" at the moment (depending the size of the crowd that night if course -- if it's large you're probably were late and just need a place to sit) Otherwise sitting at a table signals you're ready for company.

I only sit at the bar now if my CF is already there.

From a stripper perspective it is probably harder to get you off your seat at the bar than from a table.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I sit mostly at tables, partially for exactly the reason you cite (more girls come by, more often), partially because I'm more comfortable sitting in a chair with a back, partially because she can't sit on my lap or surreptitiously let me play with her under the table if we're at the bar.

In the club I'm at, girls who are free to visit at the bar eventually -- I've met a couple of my fave girls while I was sitting at the bar. But in general, I think the girls know that not all of the guys who just want to sit and drink sit at the bar, and not all of the guys who want to spend sit at tables ... but the groups do tend to separate a bit, so the tables are usually better fishing.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I rarely sit at the bar because usually there is no place for a dancer to sit but I always try to sit with my back to a wall so that no fuglies can sneak up on me from behind me.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I seldom sit at the bar, but when I do I seem to get the same attention from dancers.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Since alot of dancers tend to hang out at the bar, it can be a good starting point to shimmy up to a dancer who is there in order to start a conversation. Then you take her to a table to continue your visit with her.
  • impala
    9 years ago
    It all depends on where I go. One place the stage is behind the bar, so sitting at the bar is a great plCe to be able to make some eye contact, plus they usually come around the bar afterwards for the dollar parade. But there is anouther that I always sit at a table, dancers usually don't bother the patrons at the bar because they are there mostly to drink. It really all depends on the club, the location of the tables to the dressing room door (if the tables are closer to the door your more likely to catch them before they get to the bar), as one place I use to go quite a bit if the dancers made it to the bar they were most likely to sit there ass down with someone and they almost never made it around to you. It all depends. Just remember, if you are sitting one place and it looks like anouther area is getting more attention from the dancers, just move there.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

I used to always sit in a booth. Hardly ever sat at the bar. Now, I almost always sit at the bar.
    It seemed to me, that when I sat at a booth, more girls came by.
    Probably because they can sit right next to you and you can touch them or they can touch you.
    It is after all, a business of skin... Either hers or yours touching each other.

Sitting at the bar isn't as intimate. But if it's slow at the club, I almost always will sit at the bar. But, if it's slow, most of the girls are sitting at the bar anyways...
    Plus, by me, the clubs I visit almost all expect you to pay $20 for the "Privlidge" to sit at a booth. I don't mind the booth fee so much when it's busy. But when it's me and 3 or 4 other guys in the club, and they ask for a $20 booth fee, it seems ridiculous.
    So, to avoid all that, I just sit at the bar most times now.
  • bkkruined
    9 years ago
    It all depends on the place. There's a club I've been to a bunch that I find sitting at the bar tend to get more attention from the dancers. Not only do they sit there when they're not with a customer, but have to walk by the bar all the time to/from the dressing room. And when it's busy, they open a second stage just across from the bar that really has no tables around it.
    And, as an added bonus, the sitting on a bar stool, the girl really only has to stand next to you to get all friendly without seeming kinda awkward. At a table, she has to sit on your lap, or you're reaching over to another chair, or if she's standing, reaching up to her, kinda awkward. But in a barstool she can just stand in front of you.
    But I know at most clubs they won't pay much attention to you sitting at the bar.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Sometimes I move to the bar because it's easier for me to get the dancers attention that way rather than sitting at a table. This often works. Depending on the set up of the club, the girls may frequently walk by the bar so it's easy to interact. Not sure why others would have a different experience unless the bar is in an out of the way location. However, I do think you need to be more proactive in initiating contact if there's a dancer that you really want to play with rather than just relying upon eye contact. It is true that there is often no chair for her to sit in at the bar, although most don't mind standing to chat for a bit. We can always move to a table if the discussion becomes more in-depth.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I pretty much always sit at the bar b/c:

+ I almost always go by myself and I also don’t like drawing too much attention to myself

+ sitting at a table feels like an invitation for any dancer to come sit w/ you often times w/o her asking if you’d like company – I don’t like having a dancer hang w/ me that I’m not interested in and this seems more of an issue if you are sitting at a table

+ I often go to small dives where dances are on the floor – either table-side or bar-side; and I prefer my floor dances on a barstool rather than a low chair

I would agree that if feels as if sitting at a table means one gets more dancers approaching; but this also means having to fend off the dancers you don’t want.

I will avoid the bar if it’s in a bad location in the club that is sorta away from the action; but often times the bar is kinda in the middle of the action.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    "I would agree that if feels as if sitting at a table means one gets more dancers approaching; but this also means having to fend off the dancers you don’t want."

Agree completely. But I'm guessing you didn't use that term "fend off" lightly ... it feels like you think this is a chore.. And I realize it IS a chore, in some clubs where the girls are particularly obnoxiously aggressive. But in the slower hustle clubs I favor, I don't think of it as "fend off" at all. If I have to say "no thanks" a few times, or even "you're welcome to stay, but I'm not buying dances", that's a zero-stress proposition for me. I know some guys get really stressed over ever saying no, and I get it, but I doesn't bother me in the slightest
  • jester214
    9 years ago
    I like to start at the bar.

Get a drink and get the lay of the land. Then I can make the move to a table if need be.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… fend-off …”

I go to SCs on a PL mission – I like getting lots of dances from different dancers and rarely do I want to just kick it w/ one particular dancer – I often don’t engage in much convo w/ the dancers; I’m either getting dances or scoping the scene for a dancer I may want to get dances from – having to chat-up a dancer I’m not interested in makes me feel like I’m wasting my time (and hers) and sorta being cock-blocked from what I wanna do (which is getting dances and not having to talk to dancers that don’t interest me).

I’m not saying that my approach is the correct one; it’s just my PL personality.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Yep, no right or wrong

My style is exactly the opposite of yours. I'm happy to get a close look at every girl in the place, and I am shameless about sending them away once I decide I don't want them -- either immediately, or after a few minutes, or whatever. Doesn't bother me in the least. Then, I finally crown one girl SubraBabe for the night, and stick with only her for the next 4 hours.
  • georgmicrodong
    9 years ago
    Around here, it doesn't make much difference where you sit.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    The only clubs where I ever sit at the bar are the extras-friendly dive bars of Washington Park -- Blondie's, Cheeks, C-Mowe's, and Wise Guys -- where most public interaction between PLs and dancers takes place anyway, at least in the afternoon. Typically customers sit in every other seat at the bar and dancers slide between them, trying to entice them to the VIP room -- with considerable success!
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    If it's a new club that I have never been to before I always sit at the bar unless it is fully occupied. Among the clubs that I frequent, my preference is the high top tables and chairs with my back against the wall.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    I always stand to show off the physique and package.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ LOL - good out-of-the-box thinking
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Since I go alone and usually know the barmaid, I always sit at the bar. Just my preference.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I put my package in a box
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion