tuscl

Stupid things Dj's say

BilliD
Oregon
There have been a lot of threads on here about things strippers say but what about Dj's? I generally find them annoying and saying stupid things often in a stupid fake dj voice. In one club I go to after every single song he says "if you a'nt tippin' you must be trippin'". What stupid or annoying thing have you heard Dj's say?

43 comments

• ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Mmmffg dwrbel shmirk amanduuuuu.
  • likes2look
    9 years ago
    Wait a minute!? Some body pays any attention to those ass clowns?
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^ass clown is right
  • wizard817
    9 years ago
    Hey! I never say stupid shit!
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    If I could pick only one thing to change in SCs – it would be getting rid of the annoying and often self-absorbed DJs.

I go to SCs for the women; not to hear some douche who thinks he is super-interesting and super-funny and thinks he is the most important thing in the club and thinks he is the one that makes the club a success.

If I wanna hear a DJ; I go to a dance club – IME a DJ more often than not takes away from my SC experience rather than enhance it – they are dead weight and an unnecessary and annoying expense IMO.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    " I'm a real DJ"
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Luckily the clubs here the DJs know their place. The worst is them repeatedly pushing the CR when there are 6 customers who aren't spending big.

if I notice the DJ, he's not doing his job right.
  • Bigbiznezz
    9 years ago
    I'm a Dj, but not a strip club Dj. The purpose of the Dj. Is to control the atmosphere and mood wherever he is doing at. There's a time to talk and a time to not say a word. There's a time to cut and scratch and there's a time to let the song do its job in full.

If I was a strip club Dj. These would be my top priority
    1. Only time I would speak is
    A. To let the crowd know when there are drink specials
    B. To say the name of the current dancer and the next one coming to the stage.
    C. To let the crowd know when there is a 2 4 1 private dance special
    D. Last call for alcohol

2. As a Dj I would play the song in its entirety. I wouldn't care if the song was 6 minutes long, if it's hot, I'm playin it to the end. It's a strip club. Not a dance club to where I need to keep the crowd dancing. Only ones we worried abou and want to keep dancing is the women. So for the guys that get lucky to get the 6 minute private dance songs. I salute you. If you get. 3 to 4 minute song. Be happy that I played the entire song.

Shit I don't see no other purpose for the Dj. Do yall agree?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    There is a purpose Bigbiznezz, it's to annoy the fuck out of you, that way when the shot girl comes by she doesn't seem as annoying as she really is, because you're focused on how annoying the DJ is.

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… The purpose of the Dj. Is to control the atmosphere and mood …”

This is a sobering thought when there are morons with such control - not saying that all DJs are morons; but to me a SC is not a dance/night club so no need for a DJ in a SC – keep them in the dance/night club where they belong – a SC is not and IMO should not be treated or ran like a dance/night club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… The purpose of the Dj. Is to control the atmosphere and mood …”

In a strip club the dancers “control the atmosphere and mood” – the DJs either annoy or at best are completely ignored – strip clubs are about the dancers – I go to strip clubs to get my dick hard and a DJ does not in any way help w/ what I go to strip clubs for.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Bigbiznezz is exactly right in a regular club setting. The DJ plays a big part in helping keep the crowd hype and can change the entire mood of a club with playing 1 single song.

• Bigbiznezz
    9 years ago
    Shakily not and papi I agree with you to 100%. And trust me as a Dj, the strip club djs annoy the hell out of me. Rather I'm at a all white or all black or mixed strip club. Cutting songs short. Talking too much etc. but I think they play a role of keeping the music flowing according to the girl on stage and the crowd watching the girl. All the strippers have to do is excite us patrons. Personally I would think it would be kind of boring to be a sc Dj. But the music played sets the tone on how the dancer will perform for you. Remember music is powerful.
  • Bigbiznezz
    9 years ago
    I remember one time going to get a private and the girl said lets wait for the next song to start. That damn Dj played a country song. Now I like country music. But not for no damn strip club. I was pissed when she started dancing. She couldn't get all into the grinding on me. What pissed me off is that there was no one on stage and only a few people in the club itself. The Dj could of hooked me up and changed the song when he saw us go back. After cussing him out and telling him that was fucked up. I got another girl and he put on some song that brought the freak out in this girl because it was her jam.

So now I ask you with the first girl who couldn't dance for shit. Was it her or the dj's fault?
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    Usually my primary negative impression with any SC is due to the DJs. Either talking too much, cutting songs short, acting like they are the main attraction, etc. I have stopped going to particular clubs because of DJs.

Play the damn songs, announce the girls names clearly and shut up. If I were king...
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    I think most strip club DJs (especially at black spots) want to be dance club DJs for multiple reasons, so they tailor their styles toward that.
  • Corvus
    9 years ago
    As for stupid things I've heard are the ones who keep pushing for patrons to tip, go to VIP, and buy drinks -- all during a slow day shift with less than ten guys in the place.

One club I visited in the past due to a CF had a DJ who liked to talk during most of every song. Nearly went over and choked him a few times, but decided to stay in VIP with my favorite instead.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I agree that playing the right type of music can enhance the SC experience for both the dancer and the custy – but I think this can be accomplished w/o the DJ in part by letting dancers pick their songs; etc.

I think too many clubs; in particular black clubs; try to go for the party-vibe and that’s when the DJs are given too much of a leash and they start going off the rails.

• grand1511
    9 years ago
    This is probably the opposite of this thread's topic, but the DJ at my regular club always says this when a bachelor party victim is on stage getting abused by the dancers."Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of blowing and sucking but you end up losing your house."
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    ...and next up, how 'bout this Barry Manilow tune?
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    And now Trixxie the born-again dancer will entertain you w/ her stage set to the sounds of “Amazing Grace”.
  • chandler
    9 years ago
    I laugh when the Follies DJ says, "We've got two ATMs, no waiting." Cause isn't that the bitch about using a strip club's ATM? The waiting in line?
  • pensionking
    9 years ago
    Dear Mr. DJ: Shut the fuck up and play decent music.
    Announce 2 for 1 dance specials and remind dancers that they are next in line for the stage to keep the show moving continuously. Other than that, shut the fuck up.
    I agree with Bigbizz checklist.
  • bkkruined
    9 years ago
    Tell me the dancer's name.
    Announce the next dancer, and yell for her continuously when she doesn't show up.
    Let us know when there is any sort of special. Maybe even take a second to describe it for those new to club?
    Other than that, well, the club could get an ipad and let the dancer's queue up there own songs to replace him....
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    Once had a dj during a slow night say that "if you don't get a dance right now during the 2 for 1 special you may as well go home." At that point about 8 out of the 10-12 customers decided he was right and left.
    A dj only needs to say 3 things.
    1) The name of the girl on stage
    2) Who is coming up in the rotation
    3) Any specials
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    No annoying dj is the one upside to having dancers pick there own music through a digital jukebox.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    I'm fairly certain anything DJ's say is stupid and I'm glad my one regular club takes the minimalist approach to DJing. OTOH, my other regular club with a DJ has DJ's who think they are the only reason you went to the club. I believe part of that is that they hire regular club DJ'S for that job.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    The list is too long.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    What is really obnoxious is when they have a DJ and an MC and the 2 other them carry on a conversation all fucking night. This used to be common practice at the Columbia Platinum Plus on Fri & Sat nights.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Preachin the book of Mormon
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    The stupidest thing I heard I tried to ignore. I remember a DJ yapping his mouth for over ten minutes while both I and a dancer we're waiting for music to start playing to get dances.

Something funny and stupid I heard right before closing. The DJ announced to the club, everyone go 90, the cops can't catch us all. Then he played The song Can't drive 55.
    Ok maybe more amusing than stupid. I Actually listened to him. Didn't do what he said.

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I went to scout out a club late Fr night that I had not been to in about 2 years just to see what was up w/ it – the club was worse than my last visit about 2 years ago which was not that good to begin with (club was about 35% full on a late Fr night).

I was there last than 30 minutes (did not buy any dances) but quickly noticed a trend – the DJ would start blabbing his mouth for the last 15 to 20 seconds of *every* single song - that is annoying in itself; but what I dislike even worse is that often times lazy ass dancers will stop dancing (get up and start getting dressed) as soon as the DJ starts blabbing his mouth near the end of the song and not when the actual song finishes.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    The actual stupidest thing a DJ says at one of my regular clubs is "dancers work for tips and tips alone". My current club favorite thinks that's funny.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "A DJ once walked to a dancer that was sitting with me, put his mic where his crotch was, and told her to make jack-off motions on it"

I'm sure it was brilliant in context! :)
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    I've never visited a club with an annoying DJ. I think they do a thankless job and am always ready to heavily tip them. They are a veritable fountain of club and dancer information.

I don't think a club can survive without a good DJ and that is why clubs keep the best of the best!
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Clubber, have you taken an extra sarcasm pill today? ;-)
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    I heard that the job application for strip club DJs have really hard questions! Like "do you always remember to wipe?" Not brilliant of them! :(
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… Clubber, have you taken an extra sarcasm pill today …”

Clubber had surgery a while back and is still recovering – apparently he is taking some pretty strong pain meds that cause mild to moderate hallucinations

:)
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    ATAC,

No, just "Stupid things" Clubber "say"s.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I think DJs need more cowbell – I gotta have more cowbell.

I have a fever – and the only prescription – is more cowbell:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/v…

• Clubber
    9 years ago
    Papi,

That is one funny bit!
  • former_stripper
    9 years ago
    Strip club DJ'S are basically not talented enough to be a regular DJ and use it for an excuse to get a hot woman they normally wouldn't be able to. A talented DJ is so important but so rare. Because most are lacking they say and do so many stupid things.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Seriously, I am a great DJ. Well, at least for myself. I have such a great song selection in the player in my work vehicle. Never a bad tune. Others would certainly think otherwise, but really, everyone will have their own opinion as to the perfect DJ.

In regards to clubs, no such animal. Even if they keep their mouths shut, they still rarely play anything I wish to hear or to which I would like to see a dancer perform .
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion