tuscl

Discussion Thread Idea

founder
slip a dollar in her g-string for me
Hi All...

I was thinking of making each discussion author the master of that post, meaning the author can delete comments to the thread.

Is this a good or bad idea?

Discuss.

thanks
F

59 comments

• deogol
    10 years ago
    I think it is a bad idea. Otherwise, if someone has a contrary thought to what is posted and is deleted, the threads become "me to" opinions. There certainly will be many more threads as people go and post on their own thread. Hence, it becomes less of a thread and the discussion goes all over.

Also, I think people will learn who posts and lets their threads be. They will start to stick to those threads, even when the thread is valid, simply because it is "owned" by someone they disagree with a lot.

If each message in a discussion could get an up or down arrow for opinion, I think that will decrease the amount of threads.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Sounds to me like a solution in search of a problem. Has there been some type of abuse that the ignore feature and your ultimate authority to ban a user have not been sufficient to address?

Plus this would really be sad for SJG. I'm afraid people would delete his comments to avoid the Internet becoming full.
  • carlos_spiceyweiner
    10 years ago
    I agree with deogol.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Founder, you'll put Dougster out of business if you do that.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    There are some people on here that have a post, with no replies because they would get mad if someone would disagree with them.

Keep doin whatcha doin Founder.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    APRIL FOOLS!
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Bad idea. Yes it would cut down on troll activity but it could also eliminate dissenting opinions.
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    If it a'int broke, don't fix it.
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    I pay for my time on tuscl now lol...leave the troll alone lol.....my plan is to pay as a monthly member then at the end of each year making that account a life time member as i retire them then start a new each year with a fresh monthly paid member

Thus

Making juice not only a troll but also the most seriouse member and financial contributor to tuscl....im seriouse about this site and believe in this product....jokes aside founder will see my money as my seriouness to this place.....founder love you bro...love any change and innovation u dream of

God bless tuscl for years to cum
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    One last thang...

I contribute my time, stories, jokes, creations, reviews and money to help pay it forward to a site that changed my sex life in a drastically positive way...with out tuscl juice is a simp.....also tuscl gave me friensdhip when i had none....the members that are my fans and friends in this beloved hobby are true brothers to da juice

Just da nutz

The benefactor of tuscl
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I think mikey called this one correctly.
  • GACA
    10 years ago
    Bad idea
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    I like the idea in buying stock in tuscl..would love some kind of ownership and voting rights..with a change to gain stax of cash from a site that will be around for a lont time
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    I already hold 10,000 shares in a internet based site called Zynga ...love their games and shit...and i got in at 0.50 cents a share and they are worth $3 a share roughly as we speak
  • tobala
    10 years ago
    Mikey +2. He's jerking our chain. Terrible idea.
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    Lol...i love the idea.....am i da only one voting for this
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Good prank
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    lol...look at the date founder joined
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    Lol
  • ididthisonce
    10 years ago
    I just ignored Founder...APRIL FOOLS!
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    Lol
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Why doesn't founder have any club reviews?
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    shadow posted: "Yes it would cut down on troll activity but it could also eliminate dissenting opinions."
    ***********************************************************************************************************************************

+1. As much as I dislike trolls, I believe that this fix would cause more problems than it cures. Trolls would still be able to troll using their own posts anyway. All this would do is stifle legitimate dissent. I could also see thread bump wars, with different posters constantly bumping competing threads since they cannot dissent in the same thread.

Further though, I could envision a proliferation of free marketing posts popping up, continuously bumped and with any negative thread comments deleted. I don't know about anyone else, but I've already seen enough posts about rubber underwear and goofy lapdance parties to lat me a lifetime.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    I don't like that idea. Message boards don't operate that way. That would be more like a blog. If someone wants to moderate comments they can just go to Google Blogger and then they can have this comment moderation ability.

I think one of the strengths of TUSCL has been that people get to speak their peace.

I would though suggest that Articles be made to bump in the same way that Discussions do now.

SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Founder - that was cruel - don't mess with our PL emotions that way.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I like the idea keep trolls and faggots like RickyBoy from constantly trying to derail my threads with their inane crap.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Good job, founder!
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    such editing capabilities will inevitably be abused
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    For those that keep posting serious answers – I think this was meant as an Aprils Fool joke by Founder.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I wanna be the master of the post.

I'm already a brilliant fisherman - I'm a master baiter
  • founder
    10 years ago
    Lol... Really was serious... Appreciate the answers
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    In that case – bad idea
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^no way
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Good one F, I fell for it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… Really was serious …”

Do you really think letting the inmates run the asylum is a good idea

:)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Good job, again, founder. You got my friend Papi the second time. :)

PS - if you post you are serious after midnight, well...
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I do not see much benefit in deleting posts that disagree unless you want a bunch of one sided threads. It might become more like stripper web.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    Seems unnecessary.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    yeah, I'd like to fix typos or delete my entire post on a few occassions.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    shark,

Especially after a night out. :)
  • Diva1975
    10 years ago
    I don't think it's a good idea, F. A discussion by definition is a sharing of ideas and opinions, and opinions by nature will all be different.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    OK, timeline, April the 2nd...

Assuming that founder was truthful on April the 1st when he typed, "Lol... Really was serious... Appreciate the answers".

For his original premise, not a good idea, but that each discussion participant could edit or delete his/her posts, a good idea. It has often been asked for on TUSCL.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Most of the denizens of this board don't have far to go anyway!
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    It would be better if we could delete our own posts
  • coyotes4fun
    10 years ago
    That would basically make every single person a moderator of the threads they start which is not a good idea. Being an admin on a couple of boards and having been a moderator on numerous ones in the past you have to dissasociate yourself from the discussion and base actions purely on board rules. If every person had that power over their threads they started it would turn into the wild west in here. I know everyone thinks they'd be over petty differences but in reality it never happens like that.

As far as editing your own posts; that WOULD be an excellent idea if it's possible but seeing how this isn't actually a true forum setup it might not be possible.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    If people start deleting replies to their threads, then those with opposing POV's will just start their own counter threads.

TUSCL already suffers from too many people starting new threads, instead of replying to the existing ones. So I think it better to keep this as other message boards are, and just let people speak their piece.

Perhaps there could be sections to TUSCL, for different kinds of posts. So the front page might show perhaps 10 sections. Then if you clicked on one of the sections you would see what posts are in it. sorted by date of last comment or of the original post.

Making these sections would encourage some order and make it easier to see what was new and what one might be interested in. The effort might start by defining just two sections to start with.

And again,
    1. Making Articles bump as Discussions now do
    2. Providing something we can click on with each post to get it's URL, with the #, so that we can reference it in new posts. Now I have to use View Source to get this.
    3. Putting on the top banner something we can click on to see our own profile, as that is the way to find one's own posts and check for responses
    4. I liked being able to get to a club's own web site from the reviews
    5. I would like it if people could also review AMPs, Lingerie Modeling, Swingers Clubs, Hostess Dancing, and all. Just best to list them separately.

But make no mistake, you have made a fantastic forum, my favorite!

SJG
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I count the vote as 19-3 against. And two of those 3 were Dougster and Juice so ...

Founder, now that April fools day is over will you admit this was a joke, or was it just a really bad idea day?
  • just_the_nuts
    10 years ago
    I agree with joe
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Yeah I might like to delete posts after I get more than a couple hours of sleep and think, did I say that?Ofcourse. sometimes I wonder what I said. If I could come back and just delete my last two weeks of posts or 2 years, the board would be a more peaceful place. No proof I was ever here. Everyone else can think they crossed over into an alternate reality.
  • chukko
    10 years ago
    Even though trolls can be a problem, I've also found some to be comical and they add to the carefree culture that is tuscl. Often times, the real annoying ones go away after enough people ignore them or avoid their posts. Besides, taking away freedom of speech on here is UN-AMERICAN! At best you should allow people to thumbs up or thumbs down a post or sometype of star rating.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Being able to edit or even delete our own posts would be great. Doing that with the posts of others, it's an invitation for abuse. Some threads can be confusing enough as it is, but if an OP started deleting posts he didn't like (or just random posts because he was in that sort of mood), it'd really derail that thread.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    PG,

Some threads need to be derailed!
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    So was this really a founder April fool's joke?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Founder is usually a straight shooter – if he said he was being serious and it was not an April fool's joke; then I take him at his word.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Founder is the man, great site!
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    The April Fool joke was making everybody think the post was an April Fool joke.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Alternate idea: Make a random user who is *not* the OP the master of the thread.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Best idea: Make me board moderator. I'll take care of trolls like RickyBoy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Make Juice the moderator.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion