tuscl

Get your billions back America

crazyjoe
Colorado
Didbyou get your taxes done at H&R Block or did you hire a smart accountant?

6 comments

• jackslash
    10 years ago
    Neither
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    TaxAct Online.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I remember that add and my thought was like - how much would it be if you subtracted their fees? I think there was another logical fallacy in how they came up with that claims something assuming people who didn't pay them to file would have the same deductions as those who didn't.

Most tax accountants are quite useless, IME. Those who aren't know where they stand relative to everyone else and charge a fortune. Many useless ones also charge a fortune.

So far I've done 2 out of 7 myself. My next step is to get the information for the three I'll being paying my accountant for ready. Then the final two easy ones on my own.
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    Majority of people should do their own taxes for the fact they become more conscientious of their financial situation. However most rather put their head in the sand and not think about it, which is why so many people have money problems. I always do my own taxes and it saves not only $$, but time in setting an appointment and arranging the documents. It really is quite easy if you're willing to read. Even as a small business owner I figured out things better than a CPA.

The only time I had a CPA do my taxes, I was flagged by the IRS and had a complete anal probing. I thought his technique was odd, sure enough I learned the hard way that if you want a job done right, best to do it yourself.

If you're smart you shouldn't get a refund. Giving the government an interest free loan on your money isn't wise. I'd rather keep as much of that money and owe when I file on April 15th.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Only paid once, 1992, due to hurricane andrew. So much money around with insurance and such, just wanted a professional to do it. All the other years, I've done them. Like PG, TaxAct Online.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    I've always done my own and have never used a purchased program (and I operate a business filed on Schedule C). I just download blank forms from www.irs.gov myself.
    I always wondered -- what is the value of these purchased programs as opposed to filling the forms out myself?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion