tuscl

WORST strip club song

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Monday, January 12, 2015 2:04 PM
A bit of background: I was getting a "massage" at a spa and noticed that the radio was tuned to a Christian music station. I'm not especially religious so the background music did not detract from the experience. But for some people, hearing gospel music and Bible passages on the radio might not be conducive to the optimal erotic environment, unless of course it was the sexy passages about " xxx knew yyy and they begat zzz." So, I was wondering what are the nominations for the WORST strip club song? For me, it would probably be "Having my baby" by Paul Anka, which is on my personal list of the worst songs of all time, strip club or otherwise.

22 comments

• jerikson40
    9 years ago
    Anything country. If it's country, it ain't music. Yeah, and Paul Anka over the speakers might be a reason for me to get up and head over to another club.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I've heard Phil Collins at two different clubs in the past month.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Last song of the night at the Crazy Horse Saloon in Atlanta "New York New York" Frank Sinatra.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^ thats terrible
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Agree with j'40 I've been to "country nights" by accident before - and the dancers *all* seem to want to dance to "Do you think my tractor's sexy". Or something like that
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    I just wish that they'd play some Carpenters at my favorite clubs. Can't get enough of that.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    Hard rap music is by for the worst. More so because of the crowd it draws than the noise itself. I'm there to look at the girls not go to a concert. Keep it simple and play dance music not trendy shit.
  • jerikson40
    9 years ago
    Personally I have no problem whatsoever with rap music. The music itself generally sucks, but in the context of hot chicks dancing in a strip club, often it's some really good shit. Especially when I go to my favorite black clubs in da hood. You need to have nasty rap music talking 'bout bitches and booties and shit when you're watching nasty black chicks and they're trying to give you a boner.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Yeah – country music is pretty much a boner-killer. Baby Dolls in Dallas had a policy of playing a country song every 3rd or 4th song (or some kind of explicit interval) and most dancers didn’t like it and some would rather wait till the country song was over to start dancing for a custy (if it was alright w/ the custy). And yeah – that “Do you think my tractor's sexy” is seared in my brain b/c Baby Dolls seemed to play that particular song on every damn visit and seemed like multiple times per visit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    A lot of rap music is negative and aggressive as fuck – but it often has a good beat for the honeys to dance to and pop/shake that booty to.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^one black girl at my club would play "Fuck the Pain Away" all the time. I hated it but at least she had a baby face and chewed gum which i found oddly sexy.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    I can't think of one particular song. I don't have anything against country music, I just don't think it's fit for a strip club.Strip clubs, for the most part, have a party atmosphere. So you need the type of music that is more upbeat; like rap and pop. Papi-- its true that a lot of rap music talks about negative things, but there is a lot a lot of positive rap music as well. Most people, besides the ones who are really into, are misguided about rap because of what they hear on the radio/strip club and what they see on MTV/BET
  • grand1511
    9 years ago
    Not a bad song per se, but a few months ago my dancer and I both cracked up a few songs into our lap dance when the Beatles' "Come Together" was played. Surprisingly, it actually was a pretty good lap dance song.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I'd prefer rap to dubstep.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    One of the weirdest song choices I can recall in a strip club was by a beautiful girl at the late, not so great Malibu Bay Club in Urbana, IL nearly 20 years ago. It was shortly before Christmas and she tipped the DJ to play Adam Sandler's "Hanukkah Song". It was bizarre but oddly effective.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I agree with my man GoVikings on the rap thing.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Every song played at de ja Vu in COI. Miserable rap crap, every song. But Christian music would be a close second.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    Worst: Creep by Radiohead (I don't think they'd ever play that in a SC it's to accurate) Best: Damn I wish I was was your lover by Sophie B Hawkins
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    Clarence Carter- Strokin': [view link]
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    The three least appropriate songs (none are bad songs in general, but just shouldn't be played in strip clubs) I ever heard in a strip club: 1. "Brick" by Ben Folds Five 2. "Creep" by Radiohead 3. "Fairies Wear Boots" by Black Sabbath BTW, I don't think all country music is bad strip club music. The best country song is Garth Brooks's "Ain't Going Down Til the Sun Comes Up".
  • canigetlaid
    9 years ago
    I was in one that played the sponge bob song....yes the actual sponge bob song.
  • DoctorDarby
    9 years ago
    Its been a while, but "The Rodeo Song" and "I love this bar" are both major fails as SC songs. Most Led Zeppelin songs don't work, but Pink Floyd songs do. Go figure.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion