tuscl

How often do you go clubbing?

Wednesday, February 9, 2005 3:14 PM
I thought I'd raise this question in the interest of honesty. I used to go pretty regularly and at one time went pretty much weekly for a couple of years. I also travelled then and visited clubs all over the eastern US. But that was more than 3 years ago and more when my ATF was still working in the business (first as a dancer, later as a waitress.) Since she quite I haven't gone clubbing very much at all. This year I've been twice so far to see a new favorite who I met last summer. Last year I went maybe 8-10 times. The year before I think I only went maybe 2 or 3 times. So maybe some of my observations are becoming obsolete. Just like me.

23 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    That's one of the attractions of Brad's. No fancy overpriced dancer drinks, just real drinks which the girls all seem to do, so it's like a real lively party. Plus the private dances are so cheap and so good. I never once felt conned or hustled in that place. Why can't more places be like that? I bet the girls make a lot of money there too.
  • StripShopper
    19 years ago
    Just like everyone...I fall in love with women outside the clubs....Non Dancer types that is. But inside the clubs I fall in love or lust whatever you call it from time to time....I call this Stripper Love. Seems like every time I went to Brad's Brass....I was in Stripper Love by the time I left. Thank god I don't live in that area.....I'd be broke! Shadowcat be warned....use my procedures to get the best for your $50 and don't forget to buy them drinks....these are real drinks not the inflated ones.
  • tom_pb
    19 years ago
    When I had an ATF I would show up 2 or 3 times a week. Since she left I might go 2 or 3 times a month.
  • pop
    19 years ago
    I went to Brad's Brass Flamingo once, years ago. It's a lot like P+, so Shadowcat, you should check it out.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    3 or 4 times a week sometimes twice a day. Of course, if I could afford it I would live at the strip club. :) At the old Angels it was more like 6 or 7 times a week. I don't like to drive. Even 5 miles is a big deal. Of course, I only drive junkers. Drove to Tampa in a friend's new Mercedes and it was no problem--quiet and smooth.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    It's been so long since I've been to Brad's that my reviews are no longer posted. Maybe I should write one from memory just to give it a good score. Sounds like it hasn't changed much. Gold Club isn't nearly as friendly, it has more of a traditional gentlemen's club feel and is a little stuffy but it's quite nice for what it is. Industrial strip is kind of a dump and not very friendly. I didn't feel very welcome there and had trouble getting any of the girls to pay attention to me. But the laps are unbelievable - fully nude in total privacy. I had a reallly cute young girl just about kill me there, I felt like I'd been raped. I'd be amazed if there aren't extras widely available there. The other interesting thing, after I wrote a semi-negative review I got an email from the manager apologizing for my experience. That's the only time I've ever had that happen. So maybe things have improved.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Yeah, we seem to have a little Brad's fan club going here. I am assuming that everyone is talking about the Brass. I have never been in the Gold Club...the reviews I read suggest that it is OK, but not better than the Brass. I have certainly done my part in reviewing Brad's...I think I have four posted reviews, maybe more. In fact, I feel kind of guilty about the fact that my free membership has been extended so many times on the basis of reviews for a single club...maybe I ought to stop into Brad's Gold CLub or Dancers in the interest of more diverse public service. I travel to Indy from the west, so Dancers is right on the way. I went there a couple of years ago, and it was OK, but not as friendly as Brad's . An interesting thing about Brad's is the friendliness of everyone, including the other patrons. The last time I went there, I drank free all night on the tab of another customer who recognized me from an earlier trip. Even though I am always in a suit and tie when I go, I feel very comfortable. Still do miss Rachel, though, my ATF.... Never made into Industrial Strip. I now live further from Chicago than from Indy, so I will only go to Industrial Strip if business should take me to Chicago..therefore, I have no better chance of getting there than to just about any club in the U.S.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Maybe we should all write reviews of Brad's and get it into the top 10, it's a hell of a lot better than some of the clubs currently on the list. BTW, there are (or at least were) 2 Brad's in Indy: Brad's Gold Club and Brad's Brass Flamingo and they are very different. The Gold Club is a fancy gentlemen's club and a pretty nice one but not nearly as good as the Brass Flamingo, which is more of a local bar type place. I've never been in a club that had more of a party atmosphere. It's the best club I've ever found that's still in business. BTW Chitown, ever been to Industrial Strip? What do you think of it? I had a really mixed experience there once.
  • StripShopper
    19 years ago
    Did someone mention BRAD's.....Holy Shit....What a club!!!! Last time I was there...I fell in Love... Back in the VIP room this hot late 20s early 30s woman treated me as if I was the last man on earth....Frigin Mind Blowing!!!! All $50 dollars...Unbelievable!!! What's really interesting is the women who collects the money just ignores all the different...."huh"...Dances being conducted. I watched a girl pass out on a guy why playing the Flute...kinda scary at first until I realized she was just fucked up.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Ironic...my experience is the opposite of FONDL's...I have found that the afternoons is when the dancers are tied up with regulars...whereas I have found it to be more "wide open" during the evenings. Actually, I have had my best tiimes at Brad's from 11:00 to 3:00 am closing... I was last at Brad's about six weeks ago, and the $50 VIPs were still going strong, with no signs of stopping. I have never had a dancer refuse to go to VIP because she could make more money on the floor, although, from a logical point of view, you're exacltly right..assumiing that a dancer could stay busy, she makes more money from table/couch dances.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Shadowcat, if you can, go during the day, it's much more fun. At night a lot of the girls are tied up with their regulars. Plus they have this VIP room which is the world's best deal (at least it was, I haven't been there lately) - $50 for a half hour. But at night a lot of the girls won't do it because they make more money doing regular laps (which as I recall are only $10 but they're done out in the open.) Most girls allow more contact in teh VIP. Note that my info is old, I haven't been to Indy for several years. Damn.
  • TopGunGlen
    19 years ago
    I am about once a month these days, occasionally twice. I stay still my money runs out...:-)
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    FONDL, you're killin' me....Brad's is the destination of choice. As you can see from checking out my reviews on this site, I agree with your assesment completely. The place in Kokomo that I am tempted by is Harem House, which I believe makes the top 40, or perhaps even top 10, on this site. But because I enjoy Brad's so much, I can never pull the trigger and put the extra hour on the trip that it would take to get to Kokomo...for an uncertain return. By the way, the "Chitown" refers to an earlier stage of my life...I now live in another metropolitan area that is about three hours from Indy..and reputed to have some fairly good clubs, although I wouldn't know....
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I used to hang out in Brad's Brass Flamingo whenever I got to Indy, it's exactly my idea of what a strip club should be like - friendly, laid back, party atmosphere, lots of attractive young girls, inexpensive, lots of contact, full bar, open all day long. I never had a bad time there. If I lived near there I'd be in that place all the time. I'd rate it as one of the best clubs in the country. Much better than either Wagon Wheel or Playhouse Lounge which are currently #2 and #4 on the list. Unfortunately I don't get out that way anymore. I've never been to Kokomo nor ever heard anything about it. But why not go to Industrial Strip, that's got to be much closer to you if you're in Chicago.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    FONDL, I'm way ahead of you...Indy is exactly my ldestination. First it was for the club, then for an ATF, who retired, and now back to going for the particular club. Although I hear of a club in Kokomo that I'm tempted to try...but perhaps you include that in "Indy."
  • johnnylingo
    19 years ago
    Twice a week, so I got you all beat. Fortunately the club I like is 5 mins away and I can have a good time for well under $100. On many nights I'll just go to chat, and not get dances. Seems silly, but my primary motive for going is just simple boredom. It's a lot more fun than watching TV or reading, so if I can afford it it's hard to say that there's a problem. Average stay is 2 hours, but I have gone 3.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chitown, if you're in Chicago, sounds like you head for Iowa. Why not Indianapolis? I think Indy is one of the great strip club towns in the US but nobody ever seems to talk about it. Am I the only one who's ever been there? Anyway I'm impressed how far you guys go. I go about 80 miles one way and I think it's a big deal, but then I don't usually stay overnight, which is why I like to go during day shift. Do you guys travel that far because you like a particular club or is to see a special girl? For me it's the latter.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Make that, Once a month I drive 240 miles to my favorite club. I'm in the same boat as Shadowcat--I drive 225 miles to my favorite club. Alas, I can't make it the three day extravaganza that the does. I usually get the club about 5:00 P.m., stay through 7:00 shift change, leave about 9:00 for a good steak, then come back about 11:00, and ride the place out to closing time. Catch a few hours sleep in a nearby cheap hotel, then back on the road... the whole deal, portal to portal, ends up at being just about 24 hours, which I do every couple of months. It's a nice little mini-vacation.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Wow, you must really like that place. Maybe I should have asked how long people usually stay when they go clubbing. I try to be in and out in 2 hours or less. Over the years I've found that I usually have the most fun during the first 2 hours and after that it goes down hill. Not sure why but that seems to work for me.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I should explain that for the past year I've been going to a fancy gentlemen's club, which is not my first choice but last summer out of curiousity I decided to stop by this one place that I've driven by a thousand time and never tried. Wouldn't you know that I met a girl who was the best dancer I've evver encountered and now I'm hooked. But I can't afford to go very often so I don't. Unless you're rich that's the choice you have to make - go frequently to a cheap place or less often to an expensive one. I used to do the former, now I do the latter. Which works OK because it's pretty far away for me anyway. And I think you get along better with a regular if you don't see her too often, that way you appreciate each other more.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I still manage to go about once a week but my circle of clubs has changed a bit over the last few years. I don't always have time to drive to my old haunts in Providence RI - 50 miles away. I stay more local to the Boston area and, because of the contact levels being almost non-existant, spend less money. Still plenty of beautiful and interesting ladies to be found however!
  • baddy
    19 years ago
    I used to go once or twice a month, but for the past year I have been lucky to go once every 3 months. I would love to go more often, but the main reason for cutting back is money has been real tight for me, and my friend I would always go with had twins recently so he has been in the same boat.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I used to go every week or every other week. Right now, I really only go once or maybe twice a month, because any club worth going to is a 2 hour round trip (not counting time in the club) and it hasn't helped that I have had a money crunch lately.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion