tuscl

What's your favorite sandwich?

Either ordered or homemade..... I love the classic Reuben....at home I like making a Super BLT

31 comments

• jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Dude....seriously....you need to find some better topics.

And by the way, the correct answer is you need to have a big ol' nasty sub, with one of those soft rolls. Doesn't matter what you put on it, but it needs to be a man's sandwich. What's the name of those big long rolls that are so good? I forget. But that's the best. And you need to have Lay's original potato chips with it. That's a rule or something.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Two women and me.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "Two women and me."

OH NO YOU DI'INT !!!!!
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Pastrami
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    My vote is good Reuben also

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Reuben, but it *must* be grilled and on dark pumpernickle bread, or its not a Reuben.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    BLT
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    The Manhandler at Famous Dave's BBQ. Beef brisket and smoked pork sausage with Cole slaw and your favorite sauce on a kaiser roll.

These days I have to get it deconstructed to accommodate my gluten intolerance.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    George, I agree with you about the bread.

I often eat at a Greek Gyros stand - they have a Reuben on the menu (not sure why) - but they use "light" rye bread. It's good but not the same.
  • tobala
    10 years ago
    Chicken salad or ham and cheese. Depends on what I'm craving.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I'm with PhantomGeek. 2 women and me with lots of mayo. If I can't have that then just about any kind will do. Many years ago there was a restaurant in Marina Del Rey CA Called Duffy's 500. They had 500 sandwiches on their menu. I never tried it but they offered a goose liver and jelly sandwich.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I disagree w/ j40 – this is the best topic in at least the past 12 months – forget about the tits and ass – the way to a man is thru his stomach :).

Fave sandwiches:

+ Cuban Sandwich

+ Pork Sandwich (Cuban style pork)
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Reuben, corned beef, or Italian beef.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    http://www.smokindavesq.com/

I like the Pit Master at Smokin Daves. It is sausage, briscit, and pulled pork in the same sandwich, piled so high you can't close the bun. Delicious with sweet potato fries, cole slaw and a pear Cider
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Jerekson...just come out of the closet. You will be happier
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    mikey,

Should have made the topic, What's your favorite sandwich, in general?" I can
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    think of a few I've have that were wonderful in specific places, but...
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I also like making grilled cheese sandwiches.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    A big-titty sandwich w/ my face as the meat :)
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    Big boobed blond on the bottom and big boobed redhead on top with a big boobed brunette on the side.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    From my childhood. Two thick slices of my Mom's fresh baked bread slathered with sweet fresh churned butter from the morning's cream. Thick slices of tomato just off the vine still warm from the sun. Salt and pepper.

Best sandwiches of my life.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    SC, guessing you're providing all of the mayo ; )

As for the sandwiches, a local truckstop has probably the best burgers I've had, especially their chili cheeseburger.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Corned beef on onion roll with mustard, dill pickle and chicken rice soup.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    @farmerart: What is it about cold butter on warm bread that is better than damn near any other food?

Add a bit of real mayo, and your sandwich would be almost as good as a Reuben. :)
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Love a Reuben. Love a BLT. Love me a Po'Boy. Can't forget a Cuban or any number of Torta's. But the best sammich I've had was on vacation at my uncle's estancia in Argentina. Fresh baked bread and homemade sausage-everything fresh from the ranch. Add a little vino from Mendoza and I was in heaven.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I've had some tasty Cubans in Tampa
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I bet you have, I bet you have.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Welcome back Slick. Inquiring minds want to know where you were. Argentina, jail, shacked up with a stripper or just a broken computer? :)
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Argentina. My great-uncle Chín passed away and my great-uncle José turned 90 so I went with my Tía Floríta to a memorial and kick ass birthday party. Good times. Winter is Summer south of the equator so it was warm.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    @georgmicrodong,

No argument about the joys of bread and butter together. Also no argument about the joy of real home-made mayo.

I make bread in my own kitchen but I do not possess my Mom's skill. I have also tried to churn my own butter. Again, my Mom's skill surpasses mine. I do make a wicked mayo. And, I grow even tastier tomatoes than my Mom produced in her garden.

I enjoy a Reuben but the simple tomato sandwich of my childhood remains my favourite.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Tomato sandwiches must be a Canadian thing. Many years ago I spent a week on a farm outside of Brantford, Ontario. My host, a naturalized U.S, citizen, picked a bunch of tomatoes out of his mothers garden and that is what we had for lunch. I like tomatoes but I treat them like a condiment in a sandwich.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion