tuscl

Yelp vs TUSCL reviews

JamesSD
California
I was browsing the yelp reviews of my local clubs. Had a good laugh, because they're basically the opposite of "correct" rankings.

Yelp is largely for casual goers, and the reviews are at least 60% by girls. There's also the drunk party bro reviews, Dudes who get kicked out right away.

Clearly the true mongers don't post on yelp.

23 comments

• GACA
    10 years ago
    Ya I've used yelp. Absolutely bulls hit reviews. I laugh especially when they say the TUSLC "good" clubs are bad :)

Wonder what they're going for? The decor?
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Yelp? Seriously?
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Yelp is great for reviews on restaurants & bars....but not stripclubs.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    ^so true. Even for bars it's not that great. Most of the text of the reviews is true enough.

Follies has 2.5 stars on yelp!
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    The only other site that I look at for reviews is USAsexguide and I basically just use it to see what the customers have to say about Atlanta clubs. Unlike TUSCL, they drop a lot of names of dancers.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    The casual attendee approaches clubs a lot differently than us mongers. The casual attendee goes on Yelp. The mongers come here.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Yelp is good for a laugh if you look at the strip club reviews
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    Yelp has too many techie types that get scared by bouncers, drugs and prostitution. Things that may be critical for other folks...
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Tuscl has juice
    Yelp dont
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    This topic inspired me to check out Yelp reviews of some strip clubs. Here's one of the Penthouse in Detroit, which strikes me as being only too true regarding the cluelessness of strip club management:

"My wife and I checked out their website which stated couples were free on Saturday. So we opted to head to the club. Hostess tells us $15 each for admission. I let her know about the website advertisement. She gets a doorman who tells us, "that's an old ad, we meant to take that down". Still $15 to get in. I ask if they can adhere to the ad....they say no. No degree of an attempt to satisfy the customer here!! So we opt to leave. On the way out, I see a sign in the window also advertising couples free on Saturday. I let the doorman know...still $15 each. He tells us they meant to take that one down too...lol. Club looks nice, but with no attempt at customer satisfaction, they get 1 star"
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I had heard of Yelp, but no idea what it was till my daughter talked about it a couple of months ago. Thought it was just for dining, but I see otherwise. Anyway, I checked my two most frequently visited clubs. There were 17 reviews and NINE were "indicated" to be from females.

Now I have no idea how many times I've been in these clubs, but have never seen a female customer, that I can recall. Perhaps they are all evening visits. Who knows or really cares. Just found that interesting.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    The Yelp reviews suck, Shadow is right about USAsexguide dropping names of dancers, I found out one of my favorite girls did extras on USAsexguide lol. Overall TUSCL has the best reviews for quality, quantity, detail etc. TUSCL is the best.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ^^^^ Agreed!
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    yes, I read Yelp reviews because they are available. But I agree that they are not much good. A large portion are written by women or by people who went as a couple. They don't want intimate engagement with dancers. they just want to look at them. They want the dancers to be something other than ordinary women, like they should be made out of hard plastic.

On another thread there was talk about a newspaper listing of reviews about Portland, and dancer Trixxi said they looked to have been written by hipsters. I think this applies to Yelp as well.

What I did like was blackstripclubs.net. But it is still down.

SJG
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    Yelp needs Help
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Jabberwock, I have very little faith in any reviews and comments on Stripclublist. Without any sort of membership and consistent nicknames, it's tough to see assign credibility to anyone's statements, unlike sites like this one. The troll and jackass factor are also really big with some clubs and areas, case in point: Hip Hugger in Kokomo, IN.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    I check USAsexguide as a free-form alternative to TUSCL, and because it's funny how much stupid stuff gets posted there. Like Shadow says, they mention a lot of dancer names. I've learned a few things, but they get a lot wrong. Mostly, they go on and on about fat-ass rip-offs I've avoided from the start. You've got to realize, that board is mostly geared towards fans of streetwalkers and low-rate Backpage hos, not the high class bitches we at TUSCL patronize.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    Yeah, Stripclub list is a total sewer, but I can't resist looking every now and then to see what the rumors might be about some dancers, or if they're even still around.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Can someone explain to me how stripclublist works? I've been on there a few times, but it's confusing. To be able to read the reviews, do you have to sign up and does it cost money? I tried signing up there, but it made it seem like you had to be an owner of one of the clubs, so I ended up not doing it.
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    ^There's less than meets the eye. Hardly anybody posts actual reviews, just potshots. Most discussion is in the club's Comments sections, not the Reviews. Many clubs have no comments or reviews, or nothing less than five years old, then some clubs have several comments daily.

I don't know who signs up. You don't need to in order to post. And you can just make up a different nickname each time. Most posters treat the name field like a subject line.

It's not a brilliantly conceived set up.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    For my local clubs stripxlublist is pure trolling
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Protip: If you're not willing to spend $30 to get into a club, you're not going to have much fun once you get inside.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    And with stripclublist, you don't need to be a member to read anything either. To see anything, all you have to do is click on the state, click on the club, then click on Comments or Reviews. I usually open the club up in a new window; the layout really isn't the best, and trying to navigate back (even with just the back arrow) tends to get tedious. I've never tried to listen to any of the audio comments. Somehow, I doubt they'll be any more impressive than the posted ones.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion