tuscl

Going to the club with Paul Dirac and Richard Feynman

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Friday, December 12, 2014 9:34 PM
From a recent review.... "Let us talk about the physics first, the only thing I could say is that it is a really low-level club, the decorate still stayed in the 90s and sometime you could find a horrible smell coming form the back" --- Slaux Pas wants "smart" talk. A discussion on physics might be s start

18 comments

• Electronman
    10 years ago
    I tried to interpret his review but I didn't have my code breaker ring handy. No idea what he was trying to say.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Speaking of physics: 1. Two atoms are sitting in a bar. The first atom says, " I think I lost an electron." The second atom says, "Are you sure?" The first atom replies,"I'm positive." 2. A neutron walks into a bar and asks, "How much for a shot of whisky?" The bartender replies, "For you, no charge." 3. Heisenberg is pulled over by a cop. The cops says, "Do you know how fast you're going?" Heisenberg replies, "No, but I know where I am." 4. Q. What is a transitor? A. A nun who's had a sex change. 5. What did one U-235 nucleus say to another? "Gotta split." 6. Did you know that entropy isn't what it used to be?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Complex talk
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    What do they call a one-sided nudie bar? A Mobius strip club.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    @jack: "No, but I know where I am." Well, at least he did in principal.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Arch! Should have been "principle".
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Argh! I hate autocorrect!
  • nickifree
    10 years ago
    Okay jackslash. One more for you. A Higgs Boson pops up in the Vatican. A very angry Pope shouts "Why are you here"? The Higgs replies, "Because without me, you can't have Mass".
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    A photon checks into a hotel and is asked if he needs any help with his luggage. He says, "No, I'm traveling light".
  • slaux.pas
    10 years ago
    I like smart talk. Get rid of the retards.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    These high tech jokes are great....even Hawkings would LOL
  • deogol
    10 years ago
    Q: How many molecules in a bowl of guacamole? A: Avacado's Number Q: What happened to the plant in math class? A: It grew square roots. Q: Why did the chicken cross the mobius strip? A: To get to the same side. Q: How do you make seven an even number? A: Take the s out! Q: Why should the number 288 never be mentioned? A: It's two gross. Q: Why couldn't the moebius strip enroll at the school? A: They required an orientation.
  • Duke69
    10 years ago
    I dont get none of this ???
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Pavlov would be watering at the mouth with these jokes.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    What did Mendel say about war? Give peas a chance.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Lol
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    What did Hendrix say about peace? Scuse me, while I kiss this guy
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    Very interesting book about Paul Dirac [view link] Feynman Lectures [view link] Feynman gave these lectures in the early 60's at Cal Tech. The idea is that the lower division Physics course had expanded out to two full years. They wanted to cut it back down to one. So they had Feynman give these lectures, and then they made them into this three volume book set. For what they wanted, a new text for the basic lower div course, the books fail. You can't use these to teach. Too difficult. But for those who have already learned, they make for beautiful reading. Another set of books made for a similar objective is the Berkeley Physics Course. This is 5 volumes. They do a good job with Special Relativity in volume 1, before talking about waves or electromagnetics. They don't talk about acoustic waves until after they have dealt with electromagnetics and then they treat acoustic and electromagnetic waves together. They don't deal with macroscopic thermodynamics until the 5th volume, after quantum mechanics. Then they treat all thermodynamics together. It was all a very ambitious project. Also, it uses this CGS units system, which requires special units no one is familiar with for electricity. Again, as a lower division course text, it fails. No one uses it. But even though it is from the mid 60's, it is still in print. For those who have already learned, these make for beautiful reading. There is a preface written by Clark Kerr. These books have influenced the new text books which are used. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion