tuscl

World's Best, World Famous, and Crazy, Mad Greeks

Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:30 PM
How come every pastrami joint is either World Famous or World's Best? How come every diner or burger joint owned by a Greek is either Crazy or Mad? Or both? From my experience, most of these pastrami joints are not only far from world famous, they ain't even city famous. World's best my ass. They could only hope to even compare to Louis Rich. One day, I hope to run into a restaurant that bills itself as City Famous or even just Neighborhood's Best. And maybe, just maybe, these Greeks will be calm and collective, even reflective. And have strippers.

9 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    You speak truth, my man.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I'd say fuck em in the ass but they might like that. :)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Greeks have never been known for their modesty or to avoid exaggeration.
  • JamesSD
    10 years ago
    And most Chinese places are some combination of Lucky, Happy or #1.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Holding out for a Gyro [view link]
  • ime
    10 years ago
    I imagine you said that like Seinfeld and started with What is the deal with.....
  • ime
    10 years ago
    I can see it now Slick's semi famous deli featuring mediocre strippers." Come for the pastrami stay for strippers"
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Don't forget to tip your waiter on the way out. Try the veal. It's to die for.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    I once took a tour of Coney Island with Cap'n Jimbo and his world famous Satanic parrot. Parrot was all "let's go get Crazy Nick's gyros" and I told it to shut up. Damn bird's eyes went all red and glowing and it said some nasty shit to me in Enochian. Kept me up for days 'cos I didn't want Cap'n Jimbo's parrot to drag me to HELL!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion