tuscl

Training Course Proposed for Strippers on the Side Effects of their Profession

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
I don't usually post news items about dancers or strip clubs, but this one seemed TUSCL-worthy:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/11/10…

13 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Morality police at their best.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I could provide strippers with training, but the course would be far different.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    BTW, there is only one strip club within the jurisdiction of (unincorporated) Pierce County, WA, that this "training" would apply to.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Here is what should be taught in the classes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GNFQ39PE…
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    Optional classes about human trafficking probably wouldn't be bad, especially if it could help lead to some actual criminals and victims. The three-foot barrier to keep customers ten feet away from dancers on stage is a bit ridiculous though.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    This is totally one sided! The class should include successful ex-strippers coming in and explaining how dancing paid for their nursing school or helped them start their real estate sales career, marry a PL, or find a Sugar Daddy.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    The class should also cover the benefits of using jizz in your beauty routine:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTUkrXsabp4
  • zipman68
    10 years ago

^^^
    Face it, we all want strippers with good skin.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago

"Raquel Goodwin said she suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder resulting from more than 17 years as an exotic dancer"

I think the only PTSD she is suffering from is lack of easy money. C'mon. She danced for 17 years. How bad could it have it been?
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    How could a Republican advocate expansion of government and a new tax? He should switch parties.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'm still amused by people who think there is any difference between the two parties other than name.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @Dougster: That's my point. We hear whining from one side of the aisle or the other and their own party is doing the same thing. There are differences of course, but more in rhetoric than actual policy.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    The real problem with this is that once they can make a law like that, one which applies to no one except strippers, they can make any other law which applies only to strippers.

Here in Santa Clara County CA strippers are required to register with local police, and to provide updated info within 72 hours if they move from one club to another.

This latter is especially problematic since they may often be requested to do fill in shifts at places they have previously worked. Sometimes it is not practical for them to get to the police station just to provide an update.

It is a law which applies to no one else. It is intended to intimidate would be dancers. Especially bad, as our local clubs often draw those who don't want to work in the harder core SF clubs. They don't like having to create this record with local PD. Very understandable.

So you also should be able to see how this training class rule opens the door to all manner of no touching and minimum distance rules.

Legal Restrictions Thread
    https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=3…

sites.google.com/site/sjgportal/
    SJG

The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup Reheated 30th Anniversary
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtLFMGY6e98
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion