tuscl

What I learned in strip clubs

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"Go inside the world of four traveling strippers, who leave their homes in order to chase more profitable prospects. "This is Life with Lisa Ling: Road Strip" airs Sunday, November 2, at 10 p.m. ET/PT. "

It sounds like this show will take a more positive view of strippers than we usually see in the media.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/30/living/lis…

9 comments

• SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I wonder if Lisa Ling strips? And if so, would Clubber go for a 3-4-1?
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    November (when this show airs) is also a ratings sweep month and shows like this always roll out the sex and violence to attract a bigger crowd.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    "During the course of shooting this episode, I met many different kinds of women, but one thing was present in all of them: ambition."

How true. I see that in every dancer I meet too.
  • bvino
    10 years ago
    Oh . The clubs she visited did not "condone drugs or prostitution". Right. What clubs do? and yet I can find these wherever I go. Good hard hitting reporting going on here.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    It's interesting that both the video and the accompanying article emphasize *stripping.* The phrase, *lap dance* wasn't used anywhere, and only for a brief split-second was a lap dance shown in the video. I wonder if the show will actually explain that "stripping" is just a related element in strip clubs, to tease the customers into buying lap dances, where most of the money is made by "strippers."
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @CG-Maybe they just went to Jumbo's?
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    Without even checking out the video, when I read "traveling strippers," I think "feature dancer." Given most features will usually charge two to five times the regular lapper price for that experience, I'm guessing they don't have to do lappers a lot.

Seems to me that if you have any talent for performing whatsoever, it's worth it to a dancer to tone up a little, get a few go-to costumes and some posters and go out on the feature circuit, assuming you're not really tied to home.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    In this one hour series on CNN, Lisa Ling's very first episode was entirely about sugar daddies/sugar babies and seekingarrangement.com. Not hard hitting news but an interesting view into an interesting subculture. Ling knows, sex sells.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/us/this-is-l…
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    At least she and CNN are covering the important social issues of our time!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion