tuscl

Waitress Tips

occurious
California
Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:58 AM
I always tip waitresses at clubs, it's never much but then again they don't do much but I think it's rude not to. However yesterday I had a weird situation and was wondering everyone's opinion. I went to one of my favorite clubs and the waitress was a guy (waiter), actually I think he was the club manager but I can't be sure. This is has never happened to me but who cares, he brought the waters just fine but I didn't tip him. It just felt weird to tip a guy in a SC, especially one that I think was just filling in for someone who called in sick. Any thoughts?

24 comments

• JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I guess I'd tip out of a sense of obligation and habit, but it does seem a tad gay. Maybe the club was just short on staff that day.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I've never seen a male server in a strip club but I have seen them in regular night clubs and restaurants and I have seen them tend bar in strip clubs. I always tipped them then so why not if they are serving drinks in a strip club?
  • chandler
    10 years ago
    Stiffing a waiter just doesn't sound good.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Drinks are only $1.50 where I go and I pay $3.00. I always get good service. Dancer drinks are $5 but for them I just tip $1 since it's the same drink!
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    Whoever is bringing me drinks is going to get a tip if they do a decent job. I don't care if its a dude, a chick, or a trained monkey. I also don't care if the "official" person or not. When the floor manager is covering for the door girl who collects the cover so she can take a piss, I still toss a buck in the jar. When a bouncer gets my beer cause the bartender is delivering a drink to a table, I tip him like I would the bartender.

That said, in Strip Clubs females are often flirty, so I'll shove tips into their bra's or panties and they'll often come with a pat on the ass or some other similar copping of a feel. Dudes are gonna get a tip in their hand/on the bar & maybe a handshake. IMO, that's the only real area where it could get weird...
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I understand why you would find it a bit awkward to tip a dude waiter in a strip club, but personally I still would have tipped him.

@rockstar- That's the cheapest I've EVER heard for ANY (whether it's alcohol or not) beverage in a strip club. A few clubs around here serve 12oz beers from 11AM to 7PM for $3 each. It use to be only $2, but they increased it not too long ago.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @GoVikings. Yes. You get bar vodka/scotch and a mixer. Just one shot but you can nurse a lot of drinks and not get wrecked. Cheap domestic beer is the same price. Top shelf spirits are like $6 which is like 2 shots, so even that's a bargain. That's the deal at both the Skybox in Harvey IL and Heavenly Bodies in Elk Grove Village IL; the same guy owns both places. You can get in for free with the on line coupon, and free parking. His business model is to get people in the door even if they only buy one or two dances. I just wish he had better taste in music!
  • rockie
    10 years ago
    If my drink is delivered I tip. If it's improper, they can return it to me. Personally, I may have received more liberties for actually tipping a SC male multi-tasker who can negatively impact me when performing their main job function in the club.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    "I guess I'd tip out of a sense of obligation and habit, but it does seem a tad gay. "

So you also don't tip waiters in restaurants or bars either? I think your taking the fear of appearing gay thing a bit far.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Lol rockstar...what kind of music does he play?
  • sflguy123
    10 years ago
    "one that I think was just filling in for someone who called in sick"

Hopefully he doesn't fill in for sick strippers also! :o
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "one that I think was just filling in for someone who called in sick"

Called in sick? What was wrong with her? Fever greater than 101.5°F? Severe headache? Muscle pain? Weakness? Unexplained hemorrhage?
  • CandyMan702
    10 years ago
    I always tip the wait staff. If you want a good reputation at the club, that's the way to go.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Little odd, but not odd enough to stop me from tipping like I normally do.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I tip, period. Amount is the key. If you leave nothing a server just thinks you're an ass. Leave a quarteror so, and maybe, just maybe, they'll figure it out that their "service" sucked!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I remember a sign in one strip club. It read Tipping is not a city in China.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    I'd tip. The guy's filling in as a server, and servers get tipped...typically.

There was only one time I stiffed a server at a strip club. I was there three or four hours, and she only got my drinks for me, maybe, twice. The other three or four times, I went to the bar to get them myself. It was a slow night at the club; she had customers at probably three tables in a section of about twenty tables. I saw her in her section sporadically; what I saw her doing most was standing at the rail of her section, her back to her customers as she watched the stage shows. Nuts, I had even ordered some food and she got that wrong, too. Then when it came time to sign for my tab, she had the audacity to ask why she didn't get a tip. Yeah, I gave her a detailed list of reasons why.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    "It's not tipping I believe in, it's over-tipping."
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    @GoVikings: He makes them play 90's dance music. Lots of the dancers prefer classic and modern rock, as do the 50ish customers. But he thinks rock/metal will attract "drug addicts" and won't let them play it when he's there. Um...Michael....wake up!!! 90% of your dancers are drug addicts!!
  • Estafador
    10 years ago
    I'd tip him more than the waitress, ONLY if he seems humble because these waitresses act like its a sense of obligation for me to tip them and get ahead of themselves. I can imagine a dude, probably not expecting a dime (because he's a dude) and working with good work ethics, and not expectancy.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Excellent points, Esta.
  • bvino
    10 years ago
    I tip who ever serves me but I only put dollars in the bra if the waitron is female.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Just a thought, but a good tip to a waiter may just buy some excellent intel.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    In my opinion, SC waitresses can be an irritation. They are asking you to tip, but as they are not dancers, you have no reason to want to be courting their favor by tipping. So it is just money for nothing.

So then the alternative is to start treating them like dancers. Start assuming that they are there for your pleasure. But before doing this, start trying to talk to them. The first thing to find out is why they are waitresses, instead of being dancers.

Sometimes they are there to get acclimated to the environment and they are still sitting on the fence. This is great! Sometimes they actually can do dances, so they are dancers!

Other times it is because they have a significant other, and so they want to keep it within bounds. Best to leave these alone.

But with the others, if you like her, go for it. Try to get her to sit on your lap. Suggest dances, etc. Treat her just like you would a dancer.

Now, I have heard that at the place people are mad at, Club Paradiso in La Puente, that they use male servers to do the drink hustle. If true, then just pretend that that place never existed.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion