tuscl

OT: Baseball

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Tell me, please tell me how the Detroit Tigers get swept in 3 games when they pitched Scherzer, Verlander and Price, the last 3 AL Cy Young winners. SMH.

18 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    They had their minds on the Detroit strip clubs?
  • chessmaster
    10 years ago
    how did the angels, with the best record, get swept by a wild card team? that was more surprising than the tigers getting swept.
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    They didn't play as well as the other team?
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    How did Mr. Kate Upton do?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    That’s why they play the game
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    gmd nailed it. Or they could have played better, just didn't score more runs.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    They didn't play the Seattle Mariners in the ALDS.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I notice Slick hasn't been around. I wonder if he has tickets to all the Dodger games, including the ones in St. Louis.
  • crsm27
    10 years ago
    Price gave up 2 runs. You can't get upset about that. They couldn't hit.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    I was visiting my son in Boston in July, 2014. He took me to Fenway Park to see the Red Sox play Baltimore. The Red Sox came from behind and tied Baltimore. The game went to 12 innings, with Baltimore winning. I learned, then, that they were one tough team. I am not surprised that they beat the Tigers. Disappointed but not surprised.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Tillman, Brach, and Norris are just better than any battery on the Tiger's roster. Broomstick. The Birds don't even need Chris Davis to win the World Series.

http://youtu.be/9W1GvxahNAs
  • rattdog
    10 years ago
    tigers could have used a lefty bat or two. only lefty bat they had was a switch hitter (v-mart).

• occurious
    10 years ago
    I'm sure Kate Upton will make Verlander forget all about it. The Angels (my team) fell victim to a team that is exactly like we were in 2002 and basically this year the Angels were the Yankee's, Lots of older guys with big contracts that went flat at exactly the wrong time.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Got a chance to go to both playoff games at Chavez Ravine. I now have no fingernails left and I'm halfway bald. If Mattingly keeps making shitty decisions, if the Dodgers don't score any runs, and if Carpenter keeps hammering nails in the coffin, we're fucked.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS,

I think you are. For me LA and St, Louis are favorite teams, so difficult for me to lose.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    To answer Motorhead's question, FWIW, the Braves used to routinely get their ass handed to them in the 90's when they had Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz. Maybe it's the curse of having traded Smoltz away.

To answer chessmaster's question, one piece of analysis I read said the Angels basically beat up on the worst teams in the league, but were below .500 against all teams above .500. Essentially, they were not as good as their record made them look, which is apparently a hallmark of Mike Scioscia's Angels teams. That, and the Royals are hungry and have the entire city behind them.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Let's go Cardinals. If you're gonna lose, lose to the Cards. They're a classy team, a classy organization, and from my experience, classy fans(unlike Giants fans).

Sometimes you lose. When you do, bow out with dignity. The better team won. The end.
  • magicrat
    10 years ago
    Slick...I figured that's how this series would end when LA didn't have the best record in NL and drew St. Louis. In my recollection, I don't think they have ever beaten the Cardinals in the playoffs. I still remember Jack Fucking Clark and Tom Neandfucker!

Is Carpenter the second coming of Babe Ruth when they play LA?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion