tuscl

Would you be suspicious of a stripper who?

Would you be suspicious of a stripper who claimed she knows you from several years ago but you can't remember anything at all about her? Then she mentions there's a picture of me in a club I visited many years ago from on or around opening week when they took tons of pics. I never saw myself in any pics even when I looked at them years ago. You guys think this might be a line?

17 comments

• davids
    19 years ago
    casualguy: I didn't lie: I changed my mind. Anyway I'll stop again and check up on you guys in another 3 months. Good luck!
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I thought you said you weren't going to post any more davids. Lol, you must have lied as well since we all do it on occasion.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Extra note here: I don't go to strip clubs to try to start any relationship. I only go to have a little bit of entertainment or fun. Therefore I am always suspicious of girls who want to see me OTC. It might have something to do with an attitude that these girls are used to using guys to make their money instead of working a regular job. I have met a few dancers who work a regular job most of the week though. Maybe I could try to do like a college roomate of mine did when others accused him of having like 26 girlfriends. I personally don't want to deal with all the hassle. He said he only had like 9 girlfriends though. He still lied a lot or had me doing it for him. I guess that's a bit similiar to being in a strip club.
  • davids
    19 years ago
    Be suspicious of anything a stripper tells you. For example, if a stripper tells you that it is raining outside well it's probably just a con to keep you in the club and spending money longer.

If a stripper tells you that tommorow is Monday then double check with your calendar or on your watch, because although it's very hard to imagine that lying like this couldn't benefit her in some way, maybe you just don't understand what she is up to, or maybe she is lying to you just because it's second nature to you.

Many strippers seem to get off by lying to customers for no good reason. In normal society lying is normally considered wrong (there are some exceptions to this rule: they typically involve protecting people from physical harm) but for strippers lying is an acceptable and even encouraged part of their culture. How to effectively lie to customers is, apparently, a frequent topic of their dressing room conversations (so my an inside source tells me).

I shall, henceforth, refer to the acceptability and promotion of lying amongst the stripper culture as their "Fantasy Doctrine". The "fantasy doctrine" is, in fact, a rationalizationof lying even when it is not to protect people from physical harm or in any conceivable way of benefit to victim. The flimsy reasoning is that strip clubs exist in order to promote fantasy and since lying promotes fantasy lying is hence good.

Ultimately the "fantasy doctrine" immediately to pass any sort of justification as a reasonable moral system as it is to contrary to the common wisdom that you should treat others in a way you would like to be treated yourself. Often the victim is unaware that lies are being told, and, equally often, the fantasy is not of benefit to victim. Indeed many of lies told by strippers are quite harmful to their victims.

My advice would be to avoid strip clubs altogether. Build the self-confidence (perhaps by fixing a weight problem or whatever) to make friends and romantic involvements with the vast majority of women in world who are not "users".

If you must go to strip clubs because you do not have that confidence yet or maybe have some incurable physical problem, then realize that these are not normal girls living their lives under the guidance of normal morals systems. Hence you too must play hardball. (For an example of why this is justified imagine that you were dealing with the Gestapo during WWII. Suspension of normal social niceties would have to be practiced in order to protect yourself).

To put it even more succinctly I would say "if you must visit a SC, please don't do it for conversation or make friends. Go there to find extras, and be completely ruthless with regard to human feeling in pursuit of this." Remeber that the strippers are not going to treat you as human, so don't put yourself at disadvantage by treating them as such.

Thanks you and have a nice day,
    davids.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    Stripper shit goes both ways. There are some girls who can't even act and therefore not even worth getting a dance from for any reason that I can think of. Then there are some dancers who go overboard and look too phony with blinking the eyes too much etc. Then there may be strippers who like to talk up your ego. You know they go on and on, saying you got this or that or you are much better etc. than most people. I guess some guys probably eat that up.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I don't enjoy spending money for a lap dance and the stripper stares off into space and gives you a cold shoulder. Of course I will remember that for at least a year or two and will not get any more dances from her. I think I got a similiar dance about two years ago and I think it was the same dancer. It's like I suddenly remember her lousy dance several months ago now. If I knew a stripper was not at all interested in me, I would turn her down immediately.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I agree with you, Yoda, it doesn't matter. Just like it doesn't matter whether she really likesyou or is just pretending. What goes on between her ears is irrelevant. The only relevant consideration is whether or not you are getting what you want for your money. If she treats you the way you want to be treated, who cares whether or not it's an act? If she's worth the $$$ that you are spending, go or it. If not, go somewhere else. And if you can't live with this attitude, find another hobby. Because that's what it is, a hobby. There's rarely anything personal about it.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    What does it really matter if it's SS or not anyway? As a customer, youhave to be in control of what you are looking for and how much you are willing to pay for it when you go into a SC. If it is SS, it only matters if you allow the girl to use it to take advantage of you.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    What does it really matter if it's SS or not anyway? As a customer, youhave to be in control of what you are looking for and how much you are willing to pay for it when you go into a SC. If it is SS, it only matters if you allow the girl to use it to take advantage of you.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    But to answer the original question, "Would you be suspicious of a stripper ..." the answer is yes, I'm suspicious of all strippers, always. I try to never forget that they are working and their job is to get me to spend money. So I decide in advance how much I'm willing to spend and that's how much money I take with me. And when it's gone I leave.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I'm more inclined to agree with FONDL on this. These women meet hundreds of guys a year. It's possible you resemble a guy in a photo that she has seen plastered on a wall for years and she is convinced it's you.
  • Dain
    19 years ago
    No. I have been amazed at how well some strippers remember me after so many months. One recently remembered the content of our conversation from last summer!
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    It could also be an honest mistake. These girls meet thousands of guys. It would be easy for her to think that she had met you before when she hadn't. Bottom line - who cares whether it's true or not? I've never had that happen but if it did and I liked the girl I'd probably pretend that I remembered her.
  • SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Ever had too much to drink and starting talking too much? Yes! Ever do that with a dancer? Yes! Is it possible you don't remember her or the evening after the passage of time? Yes! Is it remotely possible that you made a good impression and she remembers you? No! It's a line.
  • Kyle1111
    19 years ago
    I had that happen to me and was almost positive it was a line. But, damn the lady knew so much about me it was incredible (I was thinking leo or leo helper). Finally, I did remember. I'd only met her once before at a different club about a year earlier. Ultimately, it was her titties that refreshed my memory. Once she saw my eyes light up at the sight of her titties, she says NOW YOU REMEMBER ME! Yes, indeed that is what it took. A very nice person. It is amazing she remembered me.

• DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I used to have a favorite at one of my clubs that, after I had been getting dances from her for six months, claimed she remembered me from a different club 5 years earlier. That was basically it for me and her. Yes, it's a line.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    I wasn't upset even though I thought it might be a line because this is what she told me when I first saw her recently. This dancer did know about the clubs where I used to live at including one that closed down years ago. She even mentioned a dancers name from many years ago that I remembered. I bet she just remembers seeing me in a club from years ago. I doubt I saw her OTC or anything like that. I think I would remember that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion