tuscl

I support women's right to be topless in public. Do you?

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 5:17 AM
I read about a topless protest today. It's legal for women to be topless in Maine. [view link] I read one woman was surprised that men came out to watch. I support them. Maybe there could be topless tea parties sprouting up to support the cause that women should be allowed to be topless in public. Now if college girls will join in the cause that would be great. What do you think?

11 comments

• casualguy
    14 years ago
    The women were protesting stating that women should be able to be topless wherever men are topless. I agree.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    It's always wishful thinking the ones you want will do it. Then the ones you don't, do.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    1) In Europe, the majority of beaches are either nude beches or clothing optional. In most euro countries, brothels are leagal and can be easily found. 2) In the US, nude or clothing optional beaches are quite rare. Even in liberal Austin Taxas, Hippie Hollow was closed to anyone under 21 (yes, 21, not 18). It seems that Hippie grandparents were horrified at the thought of their grandchildren letting it all hang out, even though they and their kids had let it all hang out there. 3) Canada fought about this and women are allowed in some places. Also, nudist resorts are more plentiful (per capita) than in the southern US. The irony is, is that people of the frozen tundra like to let it all hang out when they can, and in the land of Dixie, where it's hot, people don't.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Yea, the ironic catch to this "protest" was that it's not illegal in Maine for women to go topless in public. "MacDowell said she was upset that many of the men were taking photos on their mobile phones at the spectacle." What did she really expect was going to happen?? They wanted the publicity in the first place...what if no one showed up?? People are stupid...
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    I'm wondering if strippers would be opposed to allowing women to be topless in public places such as swimming pools, beaches, etc. I'm thinking not since most females would not go topless stuck in their ways. Now if a bunch of college girls wanted to protest by marching topless up and down my street, I would want to take off from work to show my support. :) Plus I would help the economy by buying a digital camera. That's an idea that Obama hasn't thought about. A new government program called Tits for digits. Girls protest by showing their tits and anyone who shows up to show support get discounts for buying digital equipment. Of course I would rather buy the digital equipment ahead of time. I got it, the discount would apply retroactively to purchases and the girls could hand out the government coupons. I wonder if they would pose for the camera? Nice to daydream. :)
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    I suport it 110%. It's ridiculous that women can't go topless in many places if they choose to. Ya know - it wasn't until the 1920's or 30's that MEN weren't allowed topless either. As far as the male ogling goes - the tittilation factor would wane once people got used to seeing it and it became more common place. Look at most of Western Europe - toplessness is commonplace there and most don't give it a second look anymore.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    This also explains why female strip clubs outnumber the male strip clubs.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Cultural norms: In third world tribal countries women are normally topless. Puritan America just cannot handle it.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    BOULDER, Colo. - A Colorado woman who likes to garden wearing only a yellow thong and pink gloves has won her fight with her landlords, who wanted her to cover up. Boulder Housing Partners has decided not to outlaw tenants from going topless outside. That will allow 52-year-old Catharine Pierce to keep gardening the way she likes. Betsey Martens with the city housing authority noted Wednesday that the Boulder City Council recently voted to continue to exempt female toplessness from a ban on public nudity. Martens said the council's action reflects the community's values. The housing authority had threatened to evict Pierce and her husband, Robert, after getting complaints from neighbors and passers-by. Robert Pierce said he's happy with the housing authority's decision.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    Nice pic, SuperDude, anyone we might know. I'll buy the house next to her. One of my former girlfriends used to get pissed when her family moved her from Czechoslovakia, and found out she couldn't go topless on the beach. I agreed, topless women are nice to watch.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Nice pic, SuperDude, anyone we might know." It's one of judy's.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion