tuscl

Off topic _ Youtube new search features SUCK

Friday, August 13, 2010 2:11 AM
I felt like ranting but youtube changed their site so much, it is too difficult to figure out how to even post something without logging into some other non youtube site. I used to be able to type in a search word and I could easily find all the latest videos on that topic. No more. You can still search by a topic but it won't be the latest. If there is a way, there is no easy way to find out. Try searching for a video called how to find videos with this word (search word) that were uploaded today or this week sorted by when posted with newest videos first. I can't figure out how to do that anymore. It used to be simple. I hate the new format and I have a technical background. I won't be using youtube tonight. I'm too frustated. Oh well, I enjoyed using youtube before they killed it. I pronounce it on life support right now. It just took a deadly shot. Maybe the geeks at google will get the message when their traffic dramatically drops.

7 comments

• casualguy
    14 years ago
    I'd give it a few days before many people get really frustated and stop visiting youtube. Maybe then the geeks at youtube will wonder if some people were actually turned off by the new changes.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I don't use youtube too often, but I know one strip club DJ that uploaded promo videos for his strip club diamond's cabaret near dayton, oh [view link]
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    I used to like to occasionally relax and watch a few videos or find videos based on search words. They sure did make that difficult. You can find things but it may not be relevant to what you want. Want to find out how to search for videos with one word in that were uploaded today? Good luck. I could do it before yesterday, not anymore.
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    Hey good news, someone at youtube got the message. They changed it back the way it was. I guess I can continue to use the site a bit longer. You would think they would Beta test a change to all the users before dropping a massive change on everyone that no one knows how to use. I don't even know why they are experimenting with such massive changes.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I never use You Tube.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I also noticed google images changed the way they displayed the results using google images.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Yea sam, and those new changes suck as well IMO. It's just more clicking to get the page that has the picture that you want on it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion