tuscl

crowds is strip clubs

ch69isfun
Wisconsin
hi everyone, how busy is your favorite SC? in my area several SC's have closed down for whatever reason. so you would think the remaining ones would have more of a crowd, but it's not working out that way. unlike years back when a fri. or sat. night would packed with people. now when I go to local club on fri. or sat. night you see maybe 10 to 20 people in the place. I thinks times are hard on a lot of folks around here, so what are you seeing out there?

13 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    At my favorite club it is standing room only by 4PM every day of the week. On Fri & Sat nights there is a waiting line late at night.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I travel a lot and I really don't see much evidence of the common claim that strip club demand is in decline. Sure early on weekday evenings can be very slow but most clubs I go to in big cities seem to have a healthy crowd. Few places are as busy as how shadowcat describes Follies, but it's not dead out there by any means.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    The clubs that I frequent are actually starting to pick up now, which I have mixed feelings about. While I don't welcome the increased competition, I do admit that I am happy to see some clubs thriving again. Too many clubs have closed down in the last 5 years and I would hate to see this become a dying business model.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Michigan clubs outside of the metro Detroit area have been declining for s number of years. Even if you're an hour or two from Detroit, many SC junkies are willing to make the drive to the Big City. It's cheap 'n easy.

That's probably a unique circumstance and doesn't apply to the rest of the country.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    Its seasonal here. During the summer it slows down to mostly locals. Once it starts getting colder up north, the girls and the tourists come back. There's a bit of a cycle with the lower end clubs, where they each take turns being the "hot" one - that runs independent of the seasons. Overall though, I'd say business has been steady over the last few years.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Its been business as usual here in Virginia. Can't say I've noticed an increase or decrease in the volume of customers.

Now, the downtown Paper Moon recently started offering free entry from 5-8PM on weekdays and beers are also one dollar cheaper during those times. But I think that has more to do with trying to attract more customers--than them being slow. I could be wrong though.

All I know is when I've been in the clubs recently, they don't seem any slower or busier than they normally are. I was at a club this past Saturday night and it was pretty busy and I've never seen so many female customers in my life
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    Crowds in the club might not be any better than an empty club for the owners and dancers. What if all of the patrons just come in and drink and watch the show, but do not spend money on stage tips, lap dances, and VIP rooms?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Everything has its pros and cons.

Large crowds are good since:

+ they often create more of an energy/vibe
    + will make more dancers come to the club
    + one can sorta “hide-out”/hang-out w//o being constantly hit up for dances (for those situations where one just wants to hang out for a visit and not spend a lot of $$$)

Large crowds can be bad b/c often times one cannot get quality time/service from the dancer or dancers can be occupied.

I think strip clubs need to become more economical/cost-effective and I think this will draw in more customers and actually get them to spend instead of avoiding the club all together.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Its bizness as usual in the COI.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    It's much better in my area when Clemson is playing, less crowded. I couldn't care less except when they play NC. I was rooting for Clemson.

Dancers seem to come and go and I never know which dancers will be working. If lots of hot dancers are working, the clubs are crowded, if not, parking is plentiful.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Lately I've seen daytime has gotten a bit deader (if that's possible) and it concerns me that some clubs may decide to get rid of their dayshift altogether. It happened a few months ago at a Rhino club in the COI (Monarch's), but at least their flagship COI club still has an active dayshift, especially during the week.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    It's pretty much the pattern at my 3 regular clubs that they are mostly dead during the week, but get something of a crowd on Friday and Saturday nights, the only variations being my #2 club gets a much bigger crowd on Fridays and Saturdays when there is a home football game that weekend (except I presume it's dead during the actual game) and my #3 club gets a big crowd for amateur night on Wednesdays.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I know the non-alcohol clubs get very busy after the bars close.

I assume they are PUA that struck out with the civies and want a LDK
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion