tuscl

100 Years Of Santa Clara County VIP Room History:The Slicknotes Edition

Monday, September 15, 2014 9:22 AM
In 1777, Father Junípero Serra founded Mission Santa Clara de Asís. Although a man of faith, Father Junípero Serra was also a man of extras and the first person to bring the VIP room experience to not just Santa Clara County but to California as a whole. Old Father Serra was one slick dude. Knowing full well that the Vatican wouldn't approve of VIP rooms in a mission dedicated to the most high, Father Serra improvised. Doubling down, he had the confessional booth retrofitted to be used as a confessional during the day but a VIP room at night. Among the conquistadors, there were many Doubting Thomáses, but all of their doubts were assuaged once the local Ohlone women showcased their talents. Up until gold was discovered in 1849, business was booming. Unfortunately, the gold rush brought about imitators and competitors galore. The Mission did it's best to hold on but like all great things, it's time had passed it up. Now, the VIP rooms in Mission Santa Clara de Asís are just an underground memory that the current bishop and archdiocese are covering up to the best of their ability.  Boys and girls, I hope you enjoyed a short history of VIP rooms in Santa Clara County with your friend and mentor, Professor Slick. 

7 comments

• mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Wow....instead of dj's were the choir boys jamming out while this was going on?
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Mikey-Nothing but Gregorian Chants, over and over again.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    How did the confessional work?.... "Forgive me chica, but I have not sinned yet. I would like the ten Our Fathers and ten Hail Mary's package"
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Slick, that's your best post yet!
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Well, from what I read, the confessionals are still used for extras when the choir boys take confession.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    More important is that there are still swallows at San Juan Capistrano.
  • DoctorDarby
    10 years ago
    I likes this story Mr. Professor Slick. Me wants to hear more twisted history!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion