tuscl

Do you prefer the thrill of the unknown or a guaranteed good time?

Another thread got me to thinking about whether it's more fun to go to a place that I know or to try something new. I usually go to the same place to see a girl I know really well and I know that I'll have fun. But sometimes I miss the thrill of the unknown, the excitement of hitting a new place, which may turn out to be a total dud or just might be one of these really special evenings. Which do you prefer?

8 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    Sounds like what you two guys do is about right. Unfortunately I can't get to clubs that frequently so I pretty much have to choose between a single regular or pot luck. And since it seems to me that pot luck has gone down hill in the past few years, I've decided to stick with the regular.
  • skdii
    19 years ago
    I like having the best of both worlds. I frequent several local clubs, and have one or two favorites at each club, so I know that I can have as much fun as I want whenever I stop in. However, they each know that I am prone to giving new dancers a courtesy "break in" dance if it is my first time seeing them, and they strike my fancy. The excitement of finding a diamond in the rough (when it happens), far outweighs the few poor dances I get. Besides, I think it is healthy for favorites to know I prefer them, but I can also replace them if they start to much stripper shit. Sorta keeps them honest - at least as honest as a stripper can be!
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: I'd say I've had about a 50% success ratio in my travels. A lot depends on where you are of course. My last trip was to NYC but I've heard too many bad things about the clubs in NYC so I didn't bother to go.
    I'm definitely a fav/ATF kind of guy, I do frequent more than one club so it's definitely not just one girl all of the time. Still, having regulars in the long run costs you less and generally insures a good time.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Yoda, when I travelled regularly I used to do the same thing. And I found that on average I had enjoyed myself about half the time, which I finally decided wasn't worth it to me. About 10 years ago I met a girl I really liked anad started became her regular customer, and I found that I enjoyed it. It isn't perfect but it did improve the odds. And probably the cost too. So that's generally what I do now. And I reduced the cost by not going as often.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    When I travel for work I always try to check out a new club or two. I have found some great places with hot dancers and some duds.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    I definitely prefer the unknown. Of course, as Forrest Gump says: "Life is a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Where I live, it's difficult to go to a place that's new. The closest place I haven't gone that is nude or topless is about 125 miles away.
  • casualguy
    19 years ago
    If the regular routine becomes dull and tired, I'll try something new if I think there's any chance of it being fun. If I don't think there's a snowball chance in ... well I'll stick to what I know is fun. The reviews here help a lot as far as strip clubs are concerned. I no longer go to clubs without asking someone what a club is like or what type of club it is unless I'm taken there with a friend or some buddies. I remember one girl on one night had me visit about 4 or 5 different bars or nightclubs with her and I had never been to any of them.
  • johnnylingo
    19 years ago
    The unknown. I had settled in to a routine of seeing my favorites once a week, which was enjoyable but cost about ~$150. After two months of watching my checking account shrivel, I determined that "sure things" are better assocated with girlfriends, wives, f-buddies, and your own hand.

My new strategy is hit a new club once a month or so, trying to keep it around $100. That has been worth the money, in terms of the amout of fun I have. At the last two clubs visited out of state, I had to wait over half an hour before being approached by a dancer I liked. The waiting game ended up being part of the fun, rather than the annoyance of figuring out when my favorite dancer was working and if she'd have time for me (or even remember me!)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion