tuscl

Ratings by city

chukko
Ohio
Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:58 PM
I think it would be great to see the average ratings by city. It would by great for us cross country travellers to better plan our routes when traveling through several states. What do you people think?

16 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Not a good idea. TUSCL once had a top 10 cities. Columbia SC ranked #8 solely on the basis of 1 club.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Yes. I think "metropolitan area" would be better than "city" because we don't care as much about a specific town or suburb as about the area we're clubbing in.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Shadowcat's objection could be alleviated by using a median rating rather than the arithmetic average.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Grouping clubs by metropolitan area, rather than just by state, would be helpful. If you're a stranger to Michigan, you might not know that clubs in such cities as Inkster and Romulus and Southgate are all in the area of Detroit.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Maybe the best thing would be a metropolitan area statistics showing high, low and median ratings for clubs.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    I am now posting like sharkhunter.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Don't forget to do a chi-squared test
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Well, since the premise of your post, "It would by great for us cross country travellers to better plan our routes when traveling through several states.", would involved such a small percentage, why don't you just do your own research. All the information is here provided for your use. And be sure to post reviews from your trip.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I have driven across country twice by necessity and I chose my route by shortest distance. Then I searched TUSCL for clubs along that route.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I drive just to waste gas
  • bkkruined
    10 years ago
    I think city vs. city rankings have pretty limited value for most. I remember seeing them on this or another site a long time ago, and found several cities, including the one I lived, ranked very high due to 1 club. Usually most of us travel for some other reason, and use TUSCL to find clubs there (or along the way) I'd assume? Most of the better clubs are going to be in or near major metropolitan areas with few exceptions. It's pretty easy to go through the list of club rankings and see where they are, and where there's more than 1 in a city (or it's metro area). I think it's pretty decently laid out now with proximity in most of the places I've looked. For instance, St. Louis, where I've never been but will be travelling to soon, shows one club with a list of others in the "proximity" that are all in Illinois, Washington Park, Il particularly, and sound like something that I don't wanna miss. Picking one of those clubs also gives me a list of nearby clubs. I'd much rather have more free formed searches avilable. Say, an ability to pick any club within 50 miles of an address, and sort based on dancer quality and value. I understand we all have different ways of ranking clubs, I've had my fun in the Star of Light at Patpong in Bangkok, and gone upstair at the Toy bar at Soi Cowboy, I doubt any bar in the US or Canada is going to that low level of physical appearance and attmosphere, and I just don't care about those rankings. I know some do, and I don't fault them. But I'd just as soon be able to search and sort disregarding them. My point being, a more free formed searching ability would be an advantage if it could be implemented.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Jack is back, with a vengeance.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Just click on Clubs. Then click on United States. The click on a State. Then click on a city. Then click on "View Clubs on a map." The result is an area map which can be either zoomed, expanded or shifted showing all area clubs (which are also listed to right). For example, when you click on St. Louis, MO and View Clubs of a Map, all the Illinois clubs across the river are presented. Then, just do a little research and find your next playground. Problem solved.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    As shadowcat has mentioned in the past on other threads; the rankings are often not a precise or accurate indicator - but perhaps can be used as a guideline or starting point. Having said this; when I joined TUSCL about 2.5 yrs ago; I think they had a city ranking thing and I used that as a reason to visit Houston and had a great time and was impressed w/ its SCs – I did do extra research and didn’t’ just depend on the TUSCL ranking – but the list gave me a starting point.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    This website will steer you in certain directions. I would think most could figure it out on their own. If you told me 5 years ago that Detroit was the best city to hobby in within driving distance from me, I would have laughed... But it's true, and now I go there more than Vegas. I would have never discovered that if it weren't for this site.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Well apparently Founder just does stuff now for the sake of change and isn't listening much to us users anymore. I liked the quick view on recent reviews a whole lot better when you could very quickly see all the states and zoom to the one you wanted. I also liked it better when we had profile pics. Now if someone comes along with a decent build able strip club list site, I might go to it and help them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion