tuscl

Charging for parking

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Sunday, September 7, 2014 5:14 PM
I hate being forced to pay for shit that I don’t want – even if it’s not much money – it’s about the principle of being ROBed by these strip clubs. Paid parking should be optional for those who would like to park in certain reserved spots near the entrance of the club. But even worse – I’ve been to some dives lately where they want to charge even when you park across the street from their club even though that is not their real-estate to the best of my knowledge – wtf?

31 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    Is telling them to fuck off not an option? How about lying and saying you took the bus or a cab?
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    They have a club employee(s) standing outside so they see you parking. I could make the “that is not your real-estate so fuck-off argument” but then again one is dealing with a certain class of people that would make me worry something would happen to my car if I didn’t cooperate.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Actually I know of a club that's the opposite of this. The club has NO parking of its own but there is a city lot behind the club that costs $5 to park. If you show your parking receipt to the door guy, the cover charge is waived.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    My fave club charges a valet charge of $5 after 5pm, even if you park it yourself. At first I was furious about it, but then figured if I had to pay it anyway at least I can park my car myself without those goons touching it.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    I agree. I hate valet charges (especially when you park yourself anyway). And I hate drink minimums since I don't drink when at a club.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Eight Mile Road is the northern boundary of the City of Detroit and it's dotted with strip clubs. Once you turn South off Eight Mile you are sometimes in a residential area where Detroit's middle class is still holding on to good homes in a neighborhood they are trying to keep safe. One of the reasons for opposition to strip clubs is the customer practice of parking around the corner on the neighborhood side streets. This created severe congestion in a residential area. Add to that the noise, urinating, vomiting, fighting and humping dancers in cars and you have some really angry homeowners who also vote. The elected public officials were, and still are, under serious pressure to regulate, if not close, strip clubs. In an effort to develop peaceful co-existence, the club owners promised the city that all patrons would have to use the club parking lots or be refused entry. If a patron does not have a parking lot stub, he will be refused entry. The idea is that if the patron is forced to pay for the lot he will use it and not park on the side street, pissing on and pissing off residential homeowners. Commercial neighbors don't like their lots being used, for free, for bathroom functions and humping dancers so they made the same demands. I don't like having to pay for a parking lot I don't use. I don't use the side streets or the grocery store lot as a toilet, but I see that a lot of guys do. Every customer who pissed in the street, dumped trash, humped a dancer in a car parked outside some child's bedroom window is responsible for the policy of forcing the rest of us to pay for parking.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    Welcome to the U.S.A. where you pay for a lot of shit you don't want.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    That's cool Culo,I don't like paying taxes either.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    @ Superdude, Points well taken and you are right. In my particular case; the SCs in questions are in commercial areas where the businesses are closed at night. In the last dive I visited. I was parked in the grassy area b/w the sidewalk and the street and across the street from the SC and thee was really nothing much around – what pisses me off is that real-estate is not theirs and yet they hit up custies for a parking charge – again – I could challenge it – but I would be concerned there would be some kind of ramifications to my car while I was in the club if I didn’t pay up.
  • impala
    10 years ago
    The clubs I generally frequent don't have paid parking, but from to time I do visit one that does. My thing is, if I am paying for parking, I expect a certain level of security for my vehicle. I once was at a club in Baltimore and decided to use the clubs paid valet parking ($20) since the club wasn't in the best part of town. While I was there I ran out of cigarettes so I decided to leave the club for a little bit, go down the street and get a pack. There, parked on the street about a block away was my car, sitting up on blocks, with the tires and wheels gone, the passenger window smashed, and the radio gone. I went back immediately and got the club management involved, whose statement was "that they are not responsible for damage or theft of customers vehicles", and pointed it out on my valet ticket. I asked why my car was on the street and not in the lot, they said that they had a party scheduled later and were trying to keep room in the lot for VIP's and that parking on the street was regularly done with minimal issues. I had to call the police and deal with it through them. Afterwards I spoke with my attorney about it and was told that unless when I dropped my vehicle with the valet they had signed a contract or acknowledgement of intent to protect, they are not responsible. Lesson, if you are going to pay for valet parking, ask where your car is going to be parked, if possible watch where it is parked, or better yet, either take a cab or go to a club where you can perk it yourself.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Culo,thats the price you pay for six inch areolas.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    ^^ yeah – IMO the forced paid parking by clubs is just a money grab by the club since they are not giving you shit in return for what you pay – i.e. you park the car yourself and they don’t take any responsibility for protecting you car.
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    I pulled into a club in San Antonio a few years ago out near the airport, in an area with plenty of parking. When I got out of my car the valet said all parking was $5-$10 bucks, I don't remember the exact amount. I said well, I'll take my car and my money somewhere else. And I did. Piss on them. I would have no issue with paying to park at a club located in a downtown area with limited parking but not at most clubs. I visit clubs in areas with no parking shortages.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    This is one reason I like to take my bike. I've never paid a dime and often times park closer than anyone. One time a "parking attendant" or whatever he was tried to get $5 from me. I told him no, but if he watched my bike, I might give him $5 when I left, and I did.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Here is a little twist. A couple of weeks ago I visited the Columbia Platinum Plus around 10PM. The club has 2 parking lots that are free at all times. The one lot is right in front of the club and is very small. The other is across the street and you can always find a parking spot there. So I parked across the street and as I was walking over to the club the outside bouncer stopped me and asked if I planned to stay long and I said that I didn't know. He said well if you are going to be in the club for awhile I'll let you park in that no parking area right in front of the entrance to the club. I didn't feel like moving my car so I told him no thanks. I found out later, from one of the dancers, that he would have wanted a big tip for that privilege.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    I only paid for parking once.
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    The fuel economy wad worth it
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    I just paid $5 to park my own car at a club. It was in LA so maybe the same club lopaw mentioned. Strangely, however, this really doesn't bother me. This is because it's not much money, and this increases safety in some bad neighborhoods since at least there is a valet guy watching the lot. Too many other bigger issues in life to get pissed about so I don't let this one bother me.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    "...at least there is a valet guy watching the lot." Does anyone think this guy is really going to do anything to take care of your car?
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "This is one reason I like to take my bike" Good idea, Clubber - but doesn't all that pedaling tire you out?
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    At some clubs it is just a cost of doing business. Rarely do I find that going to any great lengths to avoid a $5 or $10 parking charge to be worth the extra effort. Clubs in Dallas, by way of one example, are notorious for this shit. Shadow's PP story reminded me of a similar run-in I had at PP in Greenville. There is a lot in front of the building and a spill-over lot in the back. I parked in a pretty good spot in front of the building and was told by the outdoor attendant that it was valet only (so signs and in a big open lot in fucking Greenville of all places, lol). Needless to say, a $10 tip made everything ok and kept my keys in my pocket, but unfortunately shit like this comes with the territory at some clubs.
  • SuperDude
    10 years ago
    Impala--It's been over 30 years since I looked this up so don't rely on this info. In Michigan we once had a Garage Keeper's Liability Act which held that a written disclaimer of liability on a parking lot ticket had no legal effect. The parking lot owner was responsible for damage or theft to the car and could not avoid it by giving the patron a pre-printed ticket saying he is not responsible. Back then the Michigan courts held that the waiver of responsibility was not a negotiated contract or even something the patron could object to. It was forced on the patron and was not an enforceable contract waiving liability. I don't know if that is still the status of Michigan law because I'm retired and have given up trying to make sense of any of the law. Besides, how many guys want to get into a public law suit with a strip club over anything, especially hassles over parking.
  • impala
    10 years ago
    Superdude, according to my attorney Maryland has no such statute. It didn't help, though, that I am a resident of Pennsylvania, and local law enforcement in the area neither liked out of state people and really had an issue with this club and we're not going to do anything to assist in this issue other than the bare minimum that they were required to do. They actually gave me a hard time about it I had to get my attorney to get them to amend their report so that it didn't sound that I was negligent in my parking choice so that I could get my insurance to cover my bill.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Sheesh, parking? I figured that all y'all high rollers would have personal drivers, at least. As for myself, I prefer to be carried to the club on my golden litter by my henchmen, yes men, and hired goons.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Steve, not really. I bring an engine to do that for me. :-)
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    It's just another tax. I don't mind a valet driving my Honda or Acura, but NO ONE drives the Lotus unless it's a car person, and that counts out valets.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I mentally lump all that into a cover charge anyway. $5 to park + $10 at the door in my head is just kinda $15 to sit down. It doesn't really bother me unless the talent really sucks. For example, I went into the Pink Pony Pompano a couple weeks ago and paid $5 to park and $5 cover. I walked inside and waited 30 minutes to see a single dancer. I walked out cursing. I drove 5 minutes away to Diamond Dolls and paid 10+10. I practically had whiplash from checking out the asses of passing dancers as I found my way to my seat. I left there politely thanking the door girl and parking lot goon for the services they didn't render.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Thankfully they don't do that shit where I live.
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    I've always hated valet parking, even the concept of it. That said, the last time I went to a club that required it (Spearmint Rhino Van Nuys) the valet made a big deal out of telling me how many girls were there, how to navigate the club, prices, and so on, and made it a pretty pleasant experience.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    4, Now if he were a true entrepreneur, he would work out a deal with a few dancers and provide names to get a cut of the action!
  • Cheo_D
    10 years ago
    Heh, this is why finding a good club in high-density areas where catching transit or cabs is easy and cheap is something of a Holy Grail. But yeah, the parking thing seems to be getting treated like the airline fees or the hotel "resort fees", just another revenue stream.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion