tuscl

Too Many Clubs in the Same Area

dennyspade
Illinois
Friday, June 17, 2005 10:50 AM
Chicago and its surrounding suburbs can boast of having over 25 Strip Clubs, Gentlemen's Clubs, Lingerie Bars, etc. which offer either Bikini, Topless or Nude Female Dancers. However, we have seen "too many teams in the league" dilute the quality of play in professional sports. Although the DOG DAYS of SUMMER are approaching, we have noticed that the quality/looks/professionalism of the club dancers in the area is trending downwards. When POLEKATZ, a new "upscale" club recently opened in Chicago, dozens of dancers flocked to the new club with promises of BIG $$$ and Healthcare benefits. DIDN'T TURN OUT THAT WAY. The reaction of their former club managers was to ban then from returning unless they paid some HUGE fines and worked extra shifts, etc. This has resulted in seeing fewer and newer dancers in the established clubs and no GFE nor ATF left there to visit. Why do the skilled and sexy dancers feel a need to leave an established club to go where no one knows them and their Regulars are reluctant to follow?

9 comments

• SuperDude
    19 years ago
    Open competition and free markets will sort things out.
  • dennyspade
    19 years ago
    Heatherlake and Hubby: In your never-ending quest to find the elusive Bump & GRIND suitable for two; you may have gone right by the CELLAR in the blue-collar working section of Joliet, IL. Just a few minutes south of I-80. You would have had an opportunity to mix and mingle with several female dancers that woulod do whatever you wished for $20 per song. Mind you, these are NOTdancers who are a size 4 and 22 years old. However, the experience level and unbridled enthusiasm and exhibitionism guarantees a wild and reckless adventure. I recommend that you go later in the evening on Friday or Saturday to experience your high contact 2-way exploration.
  • heatherlake
    19 years ago
    Parodyman, Didn't know ther was another choice in Ottawa..As we left the Silver Slipper..empty handed , so to speak, we were headed for Diamonds..We weren't quite certain where to go and had no idea there was somewhere else even remotely close by..We would have tried it in a heart-beat..I wrote a review on the Silver Slipper..If you have a chance to read it, let me know and give a pointer or two so next time there may be a "happy" outcome for all.... Thanks
  • dennyspade
    19 years ago
    Ditto that on the Gossip and Rumor Mill. We continue to see Real Life Soap Operas played out in our area clubs between dancers and their boyfriends/regulars/management/security. Who's screwing who ... etc. I have witnessed dancers complaining to floorwalkers and managers that other dancers were "breaking the rules" or taking liberties; when in essence it was just petty jealousy between Hot Blondes or a Pretty NEW GIRL getting more than her share of the attention. My beef goes out to the owners and managers who have raised the prices without raising the quality of the SC experience. I recall travelling to Minneapolis/Houston/Indy a few years back and enjoying the variety of the club experiences downtown vs outlying areas. Showclubs vs JerkShacks. A lot of the Chicago area clubs are trying to be Vegas-like, while located next to a junk yard, used car lot, or generally depressed locale oft neglected by the City fathers ... We had fun and felt secure years ago when we knew that certain clubs were bikini/topless & served liquor or nude and non-alcohol. We asked our guys whether they wanted to see some "bush" or had a stronger need to get wasted. Now we have to decide if we want "High Mileage Grinding" or the Flashing of Breasts at Clubs like SCORES, VIPS, etc ... Some Lingerie bars in Chicago make no pretense at dancing and the dancers will grind/grip/rub or reach-in for $10 to $20. I guessit boils dowbn to whether you take your car to dealer for an oil change and service or go to Qik-Lube or JiffyLube to satisfy the 3 month/3000 mile maintenance requirement.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I frankly don't understand why so many clubs are trying to move upscale. If you're downtown in a big convention town like Las Vegas or New York where there is a steady stream of guys on expense accounts it might make sense. But for those out-of-the-way clubs, which is most of them, it makes no sense at all. They're chasing away the blue-collar customers who they need to survive. DanyDan, to answer your question about how clubs find out, strip clubs are gossip mills, everyone knows everything about everyone else, there are no secrets. And given the high level of jealousy, if a girl finds out something bad about another girl she will make sure that management finds out.
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    FONDL is absolutely right. Clubs need to base their price structure on what the market will bear. Not set prices because they overspent on construction or remodeling costs. I live in the Chicago area but will drive an hour out to Ottawa IL because of the way the clubs are run there. If greed were taken out of the equation, or at least toned down, a lot of businesses would be more successful.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    There are an awful lot of unhappy dancers out there. Partly it's because it's an unpleasant job. But it also appears that dancer incomes are declining in many areas. The number of clubs and the number of dancers appear to be increasing faster than the number of customers. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the number of strip club customers is declining, particularly for clubs that keep raising prices. There seems to be a trend for clubs to keep getting fancier and more expensive. Unfortunately that's not what most customers want. And the dancers pay the price, at least twice, as clubs increase their cut and fewer customers spend less. In fact I just had this conversation with my current fav earlier this week (for more on this, see my recent review of Gentlemen's Gold Club in Baltimore.)
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    Perhaps this is a ridiculous question, but how do strip club owners find out one of their girls has been dancing in a rival club? Do they send spies to these other places with video cameras? And while I see why they would care about that, I don't see the need for a fine. Aren't most dancers independent contractors? That just strikes me as another bad business move by the owners because that's just running off potential employees.
  • jctone
    19 years ago
    Just like everyone else, dancers will think it is greener on the other side. As for the club owners charging a penalty to return, that is just greedy. It serves no purpose but to add more money to their pocketbooks. They should encourage their dancers to try out the new club. Most dancers will return to the original club because the regulars are not at the new club.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion