tuscl

my son's girlfriend

hotwheels
Minnesota
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:56 PM
My son's girlfriend has recently been calling a lot of guys misogynists. SHe hasnt labeled him a misogynist but it has definitely made him less secure as a man. It feels to me like she is part of a trend in girlspeak/woman speak to get a little loose with language. The Sunday NY Times recently had 4 stories on women and their struggles and not one featuring a man. This is starting to bother me. Is the cultural dialog starting to give men a feeling of inferiority to women?

22 comments

• lopaw
    10 years ago
    Are you kidding with this? Really? It's starting to bother you that there are some articles in a newspaper about women? Turn to the sports section. 99% male stories there.
  • mark94
    10 years ago
    Do a google search on "rape culture"to see where this is coming from. The prevailing zeitgeist in America is that all straight, white men (especially older ones) are misogynists who feel it is their privilege to abuse women. The epicenter of this is on college campuses where, if a woman accuses a man of anything improper, the man has the burden of proof to show he is innocent. This standard is being imposed by the federal government. There are dozens of lawsuits right now by men who were never charged with a crime in the courts, or were found innocent, but the college quickly expelled him based solely on the testimony of a woman. This all ties in to the politically correct view that there is a "war on women" which is being used by one of our political parties to bludgeon another.
  • nuttingnice
    10 years ago
    Show your son how to stop being a pussy. It's part of woman's nature to test a man. It's part of man's nature to put a woman in her place.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    mark94,thank you,you are spot on with your call.I feel most of it comes from a woman's insecurities.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    My daughter's been complaining that her new boyfriend us a limp dick, bitch of a man. Mmmmm....
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Be a man. Quit whining about how women are being so mean to you.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Some basis for it, there is a dark side to human nature, we get a sick thrill from humiliating each other. One way to cut down some on this behavior is to stop stigmatizing P4P. Sexual frustration is often a big part of the motivation of guys who try to humiliate women. Lots of women would really like to do P4P, but it's a taboo, so they "charge" by playing lots of shitty mindgames. Shitty mindgames lead to resentment, which leads to actions that are consistent with misogyny.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Sound like the g/f is perfect wife material.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    loapw, Women should stay home and have out babies. Now you have to decide, am I being sarcastic or not. :)
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    And make sandwiches. With bacon. Lots of bacon.
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    or be selling their ass on the street corner
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Dr. Phil-Is that before or after she makes us sandwiches?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SS, I like bacon, but then only abnormal people don't.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    "Women should stay home and have out babies." Well Clubber I think its up to the child to decide later on if he or she wants to be "outed". Kind of presumptuous to just go ahead and "out" them right at birth, eh? ;)
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Clubber packs a strap-on.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    lopaw, You talking transgender?
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Clubber, No - just out and proud :)
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Lol lopaw you're a clever dame ;)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sclvr, Is "dame" allowed any longer outside of England?
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Good question Clubber. I hope that my English ancestry would give me a pass.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    Thanks hotwheels for the post. Like SC's 'don't feed the troll' posts draws responses from the resident trolls/aliases, your's helped 'out' the misogynists on this board.
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    @tumblingdice: at once succinct and enigmatic :-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion