tuscl

Deaf dancer

DOLLAR_BILL
New Jersey
Today I saw a hot dancer at a local club. I asked her her name and initially thought she was foreign and didn't speak much English. When she came and sat next to me she told me she was deaf, but could read lips. I am thinking she could become my new ATF. Has anyone ever come across a deaf dancer?

13 comments

• MrDeuce
    10 years ago
    There is a deaf dancer at Dollie's Playhouse in Washington Park, IL. At this club I suspect you can come in, on, or across her for a reasonable price :)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    What?
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    Many years ago I ran a program for deaf/hearing impaired adolescents. Lip reading is imprecise at best. Finger spelling and signing are much more precise.fricatives and analogies are especially difficult. Ask her if she ever uses fricatives.
  • Big_sarge
    10 years ago
    There is one working in Portland. She was at Golden Dragon for a long time but I haven't seen her in a few months.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    Guess you'd never have to worry about song counts during lap dances
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "fricatives..."

HAHAHA !! He said "fricatives"....

I'm telling....
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Yes I did a few years ago. She was fine as hell but communicating with her in a noisy busy club was difficult. Her lip reading skills were questionable (tho she read my lower lips just fine) and my sign language was terrible. We wound up writing notes on cocktail napkins back and forth all night long. Fortunately verbal communication wasn't an issue when we were in the VIP room.

She only stayed in LA a short time and moved back to Florida in 2010. I think about her sometimes and wonder what became of her.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I met one once at one of the clubs in Lincoln, Nebraska a few years ago. As if she wasn't odd enough by being deaf, she had one of the scariest hairstyles ever in a stripper. It was almost like she had a mullet. If she didn't have big tits, I can't possibly begin to imagine anyone thinking she was sexy.
  • dallas702
    10 years ago
    About 6 years ago, in an "off island" club near Montreal, I met a friendly young dancer who said she was "mostly" deaf. She explained (in surprisingly clear English) that she had implants that allowed her to hear a little (she used the drum beat of the song that was playing as an example) but could not really hear voices in a crowd. She was fluent in sign language (I am not) and skilled at lip reading. As previously mentioned - lip reading is imprecise and involves (according to this dancer) a lot of guesswork.

I got most of this info from her while we were sitting outside smoking (smoking was allowed inside but many of the dancers chose to smoke home rolled "cigarettes" on a private deck out back.) She did say that it was easier to "read" lips when she also got clues from voice sounds or the vibration from the speaker's mouth. That was her excuse for spending most of the time we were talking straddling my lap with one hand on my cheek. Her other hand was also busy. She had me holding the "cigarette" so she could keep my attention during our conversation.
  • kingcripple
    10 years ago
    used to be two at the club i frequent
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    If you hang out long enough at a Platinum Plus club, everybody acts deaf.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I wonder if she ever laughed at Def Comedy Jam?
  • Prim0
    10 years ago
    I"m guessing the hand signals for FS, BJ and HJ aren't too difficult to read for anyone!

Personally, I'd prefer a MUTE dancer to a deaf one!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion