jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

5 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Did you post this for ranukam? :)
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Sounds like there could be an opportunity for a shoe company to make stripper heels that don't break after only one month.
    Charge twice as much but have it last a whole year, the cost per month per year would be half the cost of the old shoes or better. Give away some to some strippers who get paid money when they write reviews 6 to 12 months later. I'm not interested in the shoe business or verifying their shoes break that often.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Interesting article
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I noticed at least one inaccurate statement:

​"No one can buy a house, no one can buy a car," she says. "Everyone goes through shady back avenues.... You need that kind of income on paper."

I know several dancers that bought have either houses and/or new cars since they started dancing.

One interesting point is that the article does acknowledge that strippers aren't the only profession that works as independent contractors. Most articles on this subject "conveniently" overlook that point:

"Unlike other independent contractors (say, a coder who works from home or a freelance journalist who lives at coffee shops), employers—in basically everything but name—set strippers' schedules"

But, then it seems to act surprised about the independent contractor status: "Imagine, for a moment, that you had to pay your boss a little something when you got to work—maybe five bucks or maybe 200,"

All around, it's not much different than other articles that have been written on the same subject, and there's nothing special or unique about using Portland as an example. The same article could be written about strip clubs anywhere.
  • Big_sarge
    10 years ago
    It sounds like they interviewed this stripper I used to get dances from in Portland until she started talking to me about wanting to form a stripper union or some shit...she was all into stripper rights and all this other BS. It was the kind of stuff you find on stripper web.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion